Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should Roman do about.... THE POLITICS?
This poll is closed.
Go into business for himself 4 2.60%
Ask the Booker Man if he did a good "job" 15 9.74%
Freak out commentators by going against the runsheet 4 2.60%
Show up to work every day and just really half rear end it :patriot: 24 15.58%
He sh... I can't do this anymore. When will this hell ever end? It's been almost half a decade now Jesus Christ.... :cripes: 107 69.48%
Total: 154 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Backlash
  • Ruby Riott defeated Bayley on the pre-show.
  • Seth Rollins (C) defeated The Miz to retain his IC Title. This was widely considered the match of the night.
  • Nia Jax (C) defeated Alexa Bliss to retain her Raw Women's Title.
  • Jeff Hardy (C) defeated Randy Orton to retain his US Title.
  • Daniel Bryan defeated Big Cass. Cass beat Bryan up almost immediately after the match ended.
  • Carmella (C) defeated Charlotte Flair to retain her Smackdown Women's Championship.
  • AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura ended in a double-countout/KO when neither man could answer a 10 count after kicking each other on the dick.
  • BRAUN and Bobby Lashley defeated Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.
  • Roman Reigns defeated Samoa Joe. The crowd was seen visibly walking out all during the match and immediately after the match finished.

Raw Results
  • Raw opened with Kurt Angle coming out to announce it was time to begin preparing for the Money in the Bank PPV. Tonight there would be two qualifying matches for spots on the Men's and Women's MITB ladder matches. Ruby Riott vs. Ember Moon vs. Sasha Banks and Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor vs. Sami Zayn.
  • BRAUN came out and demanded - via a story about killing childhood friends who ostracized him - to be put in the MITB. Kevin Owens came out to make the same demand, claiming BRAUN pinned the illegal man in their Backlash match but HE follows the rules. Angle announced BRAUN vs Owens in a qualifying match.
  • BRAUN defeated Kevin Owens to get a spot in the MITB Ladder match.
  • Roman Reigns was interviewed backstage, still claiming to be the uncrowned Universal Champion who was being held down by THE MAN and backstage politics. He said he took care of business against Samoa Joe last night and he'll do the same tonight against Sami and Finn.
  • Bayley did a cellphone promo claiming she wanted to hug the MITB briefcase. Fandango and Tyler Breeze had momentary confusion over whether the briefcase was a new case for the Fashion Police or not.
  • Goldust and Jinder Mahal talked to Kurt Angle about wanting spots in the MITB ladder match. Angle told Jinder he would consider it depending on how Jinder did against Chad Gable tonight.
  • Baron Corbin and the Revival defeated Titus Worldwide and No Way Jose, with Corbin getting the pin on Jose after making a blind tag and hitting him with the End of Days.
  • Ember Moon defeated Ruby Riott and Sasha Banks to earn a spot in the MITB Ladder match, despite Bayley coming down to help Sasha Banks in spite of their frequent issues over the last few endless weeks.
  • Bobby Lashley did an interview backstage with Renee Young talking about growing up with three sisters.
  • Zayn tried to convince Kevin Owens to have his back tonight, and was upset that Owens was still upset with him and wouldn't even use their YEP! catchphrase.
  • Jinder Mahal defeated Chad Gable. After the match, Gable and Sunil Singh had a confrontation and Jinder assaulted Chad again.
  • Alexa Bliss did a cellphone promo claiming she would win the MITB ladder match. The Ascension also did a promo.
  • Zack Ryder asked Kurt Angle to put him in the MITB, and Jinder showed up again to demand being put into tonight's qualifying match. Angle declined.
  • Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre defeated Heath Slater and Rhyno. The crowd chanted for 3MB.
  • Elias came out to mock Long Island. Bobby Roode came out (nothing wrong with his throat apparently) and they had a match. It was not a good one. Bobby Roode won and claimed that he was going to get a spot in the MITB ladder match.
  • Seth Rollins came out to celebrate retaining his IC Title at Backlash. He said he'd learned from the Miz how NOT to be a Champion, and issued an open challenge for anybody to come take him on for the IC Title belt. Mojo Rawley answered the challenge.
  • After a fairly lengthy match, Seth Rollins defeated Mojo with the Curb Stomp. Commentators put over how well Mojo did.
  • Finn Balor did a cellphone promo saying he was looking forward to tonight's triple threat, he liked to earn his victories.
  • The Deleters of Worlds defeated Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel, who want to be called Stay Tuned from now on.
  • Nattie and Baron Corbin both did promos talking about winning the MITB ladder match.
  • Finn Balor defeated Roman Reigns and Sami Zayn to qualify for the MITB Ladder match. Roman was setting up to spear Finn when Jinder Mahal grabbed his leg and distracted him, allowing Sami to hit the Heluva Kick. Finn took out Sami and got the pin.
  • Jinder Mahal is going to have a match with Roman Reigns :stare:

Smackdown Results
  • Paige opened the show by lying about what a success Backlash was. She noted Daniel Bryan getting his first PPV win since his return, then moved on to AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura and said we would hear from both later tonight in relation to their second countout finish. Now it was time to look ahead to the Money in the Bank PPV, starting with The Miz vs Jeff Hardy in a qualifying match.
  • The Miz defeated Jeff Hardy to qualify for the MITB ladder match. It was a surprisingly long match, and Jeff looked to have it won after hitting the Swanton, but Jeff twisted the pin around and got a shock 3 count.
  • Sheamus was sulking backstage and depression eating snacks because he was still upset over losing to Xavier Woods last week. Cesaro commiserated but upset Sheamus more by saying he probably would have won if he had been in the match. They made up, then discovered their bags were full of pancakes.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura gave a wonderfully passive aggressive promo to Renee Young, saying he "forgot" how to speak English, but saying AJ Styles was "nuts" but so was he and they weren't finished yet.
  • Carmella did a cellphone promo celebrating (repeatedly) her victory over Charlotte Flair and announcing next week she will have a "royal" celebration.
  • Tye Dillinger and Naomi both did promos talking up their chances at getting into their respective MITB ladder matches.
  • Peyton Royce and Billie Kay mocked Charlotte Flair over her loss to Carmella at Backlash.
  • Charlotte Flair took WAY too long to beat Peyton Royce, eventually getting her into the Figure 8 and submitting her.
  • Daniel Bryan was interviewed by Renee Young backstage, where he waved off Big Cass attacking him from behind at Backlash by reminding her that this happened because Bryan made Cass tap out. His focus was now entirely on Rusev and his qualifying match for MITB.
  • Shelton Benjamin and Asuka both did promos about their desire to qualify for and win their respective MITB matches.
  • Cesaro defeated Xavier Woods, hitting the European Uppercut on Xavier coming off the top rope to get the pin after a match that featured a lot of pancakes being thrown about and New Day needling Sheamus.
  • AJ Styles was interviewed backstage by Renee Young, where he admitted he stooped to Shinsuke Nakamura's level, but while Shinsuke was the master of low blows, Smackdown was still the house that AJ Styles built.
  • The Bludgeon Brothers did a weird promo with a tracking shot of a bunch of broken WWE toys.
  • Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville wanted to go to the ring together for Mandy's match, but Paige - who is not their mom - barred Sonya from ringside.
  • Mandy Rose defeated Becky in a very quick match after tripping her throat first into the ropes and then wrapping her up into a pin.
  • Corey Graves made a Spider Jerusalem reference. I'm just mentioning that because it was bizarre but also really cool. :cool:
  • Rusev defeated Daniel Bryan CLEAN to qualify for the MITB ladder match. The match was real good and they had great chemistry. Bryan was charging in for a kick in the corner when Rusev caught him and knocked him down, then hit his Machka Kick to get a surprising clean pinfall win.
  • The show ended with a bewildered and shocked Daniel Bryan staring up at the MITB briefcase while the crowd chanted his name and the commentary team talked up how things hadn't gone how he'd dreamed they would.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
That raw thread set a record for least posts.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hindered by the Jinder

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
jinder mahal
+
roman reigns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
anything worth watching tonight other than braun?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Lid posted:

That raw thread set a record for least posts.

It made it to page 17 which is more than some of last years' threads.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I talk about the steroid guy but at the end the twist is I mean Roman.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
FINN WON A THING

YAY

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Raskolnikov38 posted:

anything worth watching tonight other than braun?

ruby/sasha/ember was good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

FINN WON A THING

YAY

:agreed:

It probably hurt Vince to do it, but he made himself better by making sure it was Sami who was pinned.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
TNA footage and a GWN logo on the WWE Network

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Table for Three just showing TNA footage. Now Don West is officially part of WWE continuity

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Props to Jinder for finally getting a feud where he'll be cheered

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Finn Balor stole the show tonight.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I don't think Roman will win a briefcase because that will make the crowd exponentially more booey

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm like 100%+ positive Roman will beat Jinder next week to qualify but whatever. I'm okay with it.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jerusalem posted:

:agreed:

It probably hurt Vince to do it, but he made himself better by making sure it was Sami who was pinned.

So MITB is gonna be Finn/Braun/Miz/Bryan/??/??

Lashley? Joe?

Edit:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm like 100%+ positive Roman will beat Jinder next week to qualify but whatever. I'm okay with it.

Yeah you're probably right

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Roman v Jinder is gonna be Batista v Del Rio again, isn’t it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wow they’ve done it. They’ve found a way to get Jinder Mahal cheered

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

roman winning the briefcase is going to be hilarious because there's no way to have him also cash in the same night

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roman won’t get in the MITB but he’ll have the MITB PPV title match.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
jinder needs to do a ton more steroids, start talking about his freaks and sikhs and make his catchphrase Mahalla if you hear me

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Roman won’t get in the MITB but he’ll have the MITB PPV title match.

the briefcase is the absolute worst way to put the belt on roman so of course thats what they're going to do

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Jinder gets moved over to Raw to be the one guy they were sure the crowd would cheer Roman over and even that's not taking. Amazing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Everyone cheers a cash in. Let’s have Roman do it that way.”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

roman winning the briefcase is going to be hilarious because there's no way to have him also cash in the same night

You must have missed that PPV that opened with Kane winning the SD MITB and cashing in on Rey an hour later

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

You must have missed that PPV that opened with Kane winning the SD MITB and cashing in on Rey an hour later

well i meant there's no way to have him cash in in way that will make vince happy. he'll have to do a build for someone else to fight brock so that there's a reason brock is there. then roman has to beat a weakened brock which will not make him look strong

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

quote:

-We just need him to win the royal rumble
-We just need him to do comedy promos
-We just need him to beat Daniel Bryan
-We just need to build sympathy after Rollins steals his win
-We just need him to cut serious promos
-We just need to build sympathy by having him fight the authority like Daniel Bryan
-We just need to have him beat Triple H and make sure no other faces win at Wrestlemania
-We just need to push him as a tweener
-We just need him to retire The Undertaker (kinda) to show how tough he is
-We just need him to beat John Cena and do a worked shoot
-We just need to reunite The Shield
-We just need him to cut shoot promos on Lesnar
-We just need him to have another WM main event with Lesnar, the first one was good, right?
-We just need to go to Saudi Arabia, they'll like him, right?
-We just need him to keep losing to Lesnar and hope... he gets sympathy? Ok who thought of this one and what were they on?
-We just need him to beat more beloved vets in the main event and make every other decision booking bad. Did... did we try that one already? gently caress it YOLO

-We just need to have him feud with Jinder Mahal he might be the only dude less popular than Roman. That kind of worked for a week with Sheamus, right?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I consider the Jinder experiment a success.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Chris James 2 posted:

He means in that Brock wont even be at the ppv.

EDIT: Or that up there.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I didn't watch but :laffo::laffo::laffo: at reading the results and Jinder/Roman

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whenever roman is on screen everyone should chant "go daddy go"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Table for Three ended with "to see more Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles download the GFW app" :aaa:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
No one should watch, because you are willingly exposing yourself to Roman having to carry Jinder in a match.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Little Mac posted:

Table for Three ended with "to see more Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles download the GFW app" :aaa:

lol did vince finally buy TNA with the Saudi money

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the last ever wrestling match in this galaxy will be Big Cass vs Kevin Nash, after which all people under 6 foot will be banished to hell

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/993689649569779717

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/993689804905775104

On a brighter note Ruby Riott quickly emerging as the best night in, night out female Superstar is pretty rad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Baron Corbin posted:

jinder mahal
+
roman reigns

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Why not have one failed main event guy feud with another. I'm sure it'll make both hot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

-We just need to have him feud with Jinder Mahal he might be the only dude less popular than Roman. That kind of worked for a week with Sheamus, right?

That week was the week that Vince went full attitude era Mr. McMahon, proving that the only way to get Roman cheered was to have literally the best heel of all time go against him.

• Locked thread