Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should Roman do about.... THE POLITICS?
This poll is closed.
Go into business for himself 4 2.60%
Ask the Booker Man if he did a good "job" 15 9.74%
Freak out commentators by going against the runsheet 4 2.60%
Show up to work every day and just really half rear end it :patriot: 24 15.58%
He sh... I can't do this anymore. When will this hell ever end? It's been almost half a decade now Jesus Christ.... :cripes: 107 69.48%
Total: 154 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

drrockso20 posted:

As terrible as it is to say, probably the best thing that could happen for WWE right now is if something were to happen to Roman that permanently removes him from being able to be part of WWE

Let's hope for the best and Roman leaves for Hollywood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I picked up on something during the tag match: They never let Bo and Bray wrestle each other, it was always Bo vs Matt but Axel fought both of them. Cole on commentary kept awkwardly shoehorning in lines about the tag champions having no "brotherly love" or giving "familial treatment" towards Bo & Axel. That had to be on purpose, but I wonder if it's just a rib or if they're finally doing something with the brothers Rotunda.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I didn't watch RAW because I was busy, but reading these results makes me feel like I've developed another stomach ulcer

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'm not sure my brain could handle it if Roman, Cena, Batista and The Rock, all become stars in hollywood.

And the Miz of course.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
When I see roman on the mic I think "actor"

I'm surprised Jinder is anywhere near the main spotlight after the hilarious GRR botch.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

BrigadierSensible posted:

The Jinder v Roman will be heatless, unless there is some crazy whacky spot, coz people don't want either to win, and don't really care who loses.

I'm expecting not so much heatless as crowdless. Would not be surprised if people started to leave before it even started; at least with Joe vs Roman, you had Joe who owns in... every other scenario.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm expecting not so much heatless as crowdless. Would not be surprised if people started to leave before it even started; at least with Joe vs Roman, you had Joe who owns in... every other scenario.

Yeah, if they do Jinder vs Roman in loving Chicago they'll be lucky not to get poo poo thrown in the ring.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/993668234837569536

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

NowonSA posted:

That Thanos poster was choice.

I guess they're pretending that Roman's not their top guy by having him face off against lower tier peeps, like when he had the U.S. title pretty recently, but man that is gonna be one real bad match that the crowd is gonna really not like. I hope neither top belt is defended at the PPV and they put Roman in the main event spot again, I want to see that same level of apathy magnified because the crowd won't even be into Mahal like they were into Joe at times so it's just gonna be Japan-level silent.

Or since it's in Chicago the CM Punk chants will really go nonstop for Roman's match.

The worst thing is, since they keep going "WORKED SHOOT BROTHER" for Roman's stuff, it does nothing more than paint how fake and baloney poo poo is. And... okay Vince, Vinnie, My boy, the reason Punk's Worked Shoot promo worked so well, is because everyone could legitimately believe that was Punk talking, someone actually underused, someone actually overlooked who wasn't on the shows opening title or program. The thing is even a casual fan could see CM Punk and go "Hey it's the guy who is never in the main event but always has these dudes following him who's good on the mic." the jump was natural. And for hardcore fans, it was like "HOLY poo poo HE'S SHOOTAN GAIS BANG BANG"

You cannot make people believe that Roman is not The Guy when he's so clearly The Guy. To the point you once had him come out and say "I'm THE Guy" That didn't happen too long ago you can't ask people to forget that but remember The Shield.

For a 'Worked Shoot' Promo to be... less stupid, the person has to be saying real things. Roman Reigns says that he's there day in, day out... but minus a tag match he only worked PPVs, and spends the rest of the time bitching, crying, and looking like a goof.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I've been out of the wrestling loop for a while, when did Drew McIntyre return and form a stable with Dolph Ziggler and Patrick Star?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'll admit, a Jinder segment being right before Drew vs. Heath was a dirty, dirty tease.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is there anyone on Raw with any kind of crowd heat besides Rollins? That crowd last night was apathetic to nearly everything put in front of them and it makes sense - almost everyone that came over from SDL was directionless.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I hope they give Finn MITB and have him cash in on Roman after he beats Lesnar at MITB, he gets a 2 month run with the title, and then they feed the Demon to Roman at Summerslam

That, goons, is the best course :smug:

Edit:

Dango Bango posted:

Is there anyone on Raw with any kind of crowd heat besides Rollins? That crowd last night was apathetic to nearly everything put in front of them and it makes sense - almost everyone that came over from SDL was directionless.

The second biggest pop of the night was literally for Finn/Sami kicking the crap out of Roman. The second most popular face on Raw is probably Braun or Finn, and they're not even close to Seth heat wise right now. Seth is on another level.

Edit 2: I'm an idiot and forgot about Braun

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 8, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There are plenty. They're all "heels" who the crowd love, chant along with, cheer when they're winning and get upset when they're losing.

The main roster face/heel dynamic is honestly the most baffling part of modern day WWE to me. Especially given how they get it so effortlessly right on NXT.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Dango Bango posted:

Braun before they fed him to Lesnar was getting jesus pops.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fenrir posted:

Braun before they fed him to Lesnar was getting jesus pops.

Gotta say, it was worth it though what with Roman going on to beat Brock at Wrestlemania in a triumphant coronation.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My prediction is Roman vs Jinder next week in a MITB qualifying match that Roman easily wins.

Roman wins MITB and then immediately calls out Brock saying “I’m cashing in my briefcase at Summerslam, be there, BITCH” or whatever, and the announcers say for weeks this is must win for Roman and then Roman wins to a chorus of boos.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Great for any studio that can't afford Jason Momoa

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fart blood posted:

My prediction is Roman vs Jinder next week in a MITB qualifying match that Roman easily wins.

Roman wins MITB and then immediately calls out Brock saying “I’m cashing in my briefcase at Summerslam, be there, BITCH” or whatever, and the announcers say for weeks this is must win for Roman and then Roman wins to a chorus of boos.

i love the idea of this because there is also Extreme Rules in July

So Roman would basically be saying "hey, Brock, when are you available for a match? Does Summerslam work? I'll do whatever is convenient for you."

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dacap posted:

Great for any studio that can't afford Jason Momoa

Jason Momoa stand in!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

The main roster face/heel dynamic is honestly the most baffling part of modern day WWE to me. Especially given how they get it so effortlessly right on NXT.

I think Tomasso Ciampa might be the only person who would get booed against Roman Reigns, and even then I wouldn't put money on it.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Professor Funk posted:

i love the idea of this because there is also Extreme Rules in July

So Roman would basically be saying "hey, Brock, when are you available for a match? Does Summerslam work? I'll do whatever is convenient for you."

I’m a firm believer, as lame as it is, that a babyface should not cash in MITB the same way Edge did. A babyface should cash in the way RVD or Cena did.

(Then again I think MITB is a dead gimmick and has been for a while so don’t mind me.)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fart blood posted:

I’m a firm believer, as lame as it is, that a babyface should not cash in MITB the same way Edge did. A babyface should cash in the way RVD or Cena did.

(Then again I think MITB is a dead gimmick and has been for a while so don’t mind me.)
agreed mostly but Dean cashing in on Seth was loving great

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CobiWann posted:

I think Tomasso Ciampa might be the only person who would get booed against Roman Reigns, and even then I wouldn't put money on it.

I dunno, I think he'd get a thank you Ciampa chant if he beat up roman with a crutch. Roman would have to fight like... Eva Marie or Chris Benoit or something.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Blaise330 posted:

I dunno, I think he'd get a thank you Ciampa chant if he beat up roman with a crutch. Roman would have to fight like... Eva Marie or Chris Benoit or something.

If Roman fought Benoit, people on this forum and Reddit would be like "hey come on yes Benoit did a bad thing but he deserves a second chance"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Actually, who gets cheered in Roman vs Hogan?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Blaise330 posted:

Hogan.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

If Roman attempts a superman punch and just runs into the boot, I'd pop for sure.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Hogan 's a wrestling legend who killed Gawker and successfully won an invasion of privacy case

Roman...he's a good guy outside of WWE who's probably never used racial slurs, Shield was cool

Realistically wrestling fans would overwhelmingly cheer Hogan over Roman, though.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

CM Punk

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I know people like to rag on Hogan, but Hogan managed to turn a crowd against the Rock. The audience loves Hogan

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Roman also managed to turn a crowd against The Rock! :v:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

ESPN/Disney just announced a media rights deal with UFC. Makes the likelihood Fox Sports goes hard after WWE much more likely correct?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DeathChicken posted:

I know people like to rag on Hogan, but Hogan managed to turn a crowd against the Rock. The audience loves Hogan

Dragonatrix posted:

:thurman:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dragonatrix posted:

lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

drat!

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

tao of lmao posted:

ESPN/Disney just announced a media rights deal with UFC. Makes the likelihood Fox Sports goes hard after WWE much more likely correct?

I'm looking around for more news but I'm not seeing exclusivity anywhere with regard to ESPN/UFC. Could be UFC is still trying to strike the kind of deal to provide content to both. In any case, likely bodes well for WWE since it probably makes Fox hungrier for them.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

CobiWann posted:

This would definitely result in TOMMY ENTERTAINMENT chants.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The funniest outcome to this would be an accidental Jinder face turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
1.4 Billion People run in and stop Roman from reaching the briefcase.

• Locked thread