Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should Roman do about.... THE POLITICS?
This poll is closed.
Go into business for himself 4 2.60%
Ask the Booker Man if he did a good "job" 15 9.74%
Freak out commentators by going against the runsheet 4 2.60%
Show up to work every day and just really half rear end it :patriot: 24 15.58%
He sh... I can't do this anymore. When will this hell ever end? It's been almost half a decade now Jesus Christ.... :cripes: 107 69.48%
Total: 154 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Double count out ref is the greatest heel in the company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

Double count out ref is the greatest heel in the company

Enraged by his attempts to stop their matches, both wrestlers charge him, and end up knocking off his wig and mask revealing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sigmachiev posted:

I'm looking around for more news but I'm not seeing exclusivity anywhere with regard to ESPN/UFC. Could be UFC is still trying to strike the kind of deal to provide content to both. In any case, likely bodes well for WWE since it probably makes Fox hungrier for them.

My understanding is FOX is fine with this because it brings down the potential cost of a renewal for them. They were never going to offer the total UFC wants, so breaking it out like this suits UFC's desire and gives FOX a better shot at retaining them. Also, most of the content going over to ESPN+ is going to be the live UFC events that were on Fight Pass, so FOX isn't really losing as much content as it might seem.

It's hard to tell how this affects WWE's potential with FOX. On one hand, you can argue it hurts because FOX now has an easier time retaining UFC because of the reduced cost. You can also argue that the reduced cost helps WWE because there's more money to play with.

Ultimately, I think it's a non-factor either way for WWE because UFC isn't running Monday or Tuesday shows, so it's really just a matter of what FOX feels like they can afford.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Nap Ghost
Drew is good. I know this because he is a tall beefy sexy man with chest hair who talks good.

I should probably watch him wrestle.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Nap Ghost
Also I didn’t see Backlash but reading that description of the AJ - Nak match sounds perfect to continue the feud

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rumor mill says Cena is dating Carmella.

Is that what the shadowy references yesterday were about?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Aphrodite posted:

They said that he had a new beard

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

hahaha oh mannnnn

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Nap Ghost
Cena and Carmella are a good match. Good for Total Divas storyline vs Nikki and a bearded heel Nega Cena

Matches I still want to see

Bryan vs Brock, Rollins, Balor, Cesaro, KO, Zayn, Nak, Joe, Styles, Shelton, Gable and cruiser weights.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gatts posted:

Also I didn’t see Backlash but reading that description of the AJ - Nak match sounds perfect to continue the feud

In a vacuum it might've worked, but the crowd got surly they didn't see a proper outcome. "Piss off the crowd before a Roman match" is....not a good strategy

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Mella Is Money

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bearded heel cena would be awesome and would totally work, i hope they have the balls to do it.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They need to make a new total divas about NXT people so we can have storylines like helping to fix a bird's nest and what Cheese is doing today

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

In a vacuum it might've worked, but the crowd got surly they didn't see a proper outcome. "Piss off the crowd before a Roman match" is....not a good strategy

It should have been done on Smackdown, not the PPV.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I want Asuka on total divas don that we can watch her just live her buff neet lifestyle.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Midnightghoul posted:

Oooh that meaning of beard.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gatts posted:

Cena and Carmella are a good match. Good for Total Divas storyline vs Nikki and a bearded heel Nega Cena

Matches I still want to see

Bryan vs Brock, Rollins, Balor, Cesaro, KO, Zayn, Nak, Joe, Styles, Shelton, Gable and cruiser weights.

Luckily you got to scratch Big Cass off your list already. Good progress

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

quote:

On the latest edition of WOR:

“They’re trying to tell the story and I can’t believe it because they’ve been trying for a couple of months, but they’re still trying to tell the story that [Roman Reigns] is Daniel Bryan and management is screwing him over and that’s why he’s not the champion. But nobody buys it.”

“They’re trying to figure out a way to get people to cheer him. We’re supposed to think that all these things that happened — the whole thing that they favor Brock Lesnar but it didn’t work. I guess for whatever reason even though it didn’t work nobody has a better idea so that’s what they’re going with.”

:lol::lol::lol:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

thats so incredibly stupid.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Aphrodite posted:

It should have been done on Smackdown, not the PPV.
PPV or not, I think "kick all the balls" would've been a good finish for the first rematch. By doing it after the double countout it just got more of a groan than good heat. Either scrap the GRR match or just do the Backlash finish there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is this just Dave speculating or is that what they're actually trying to do? lol if it's the latter

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The most organic story we could come up with for the guy we very obviously favor is that we don't very obviously favor him, and no one's buying it for some craaaazy reason. Nothing to do but re-octuple our efforts.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Just give him the belt already. The WWE Moment jesus pop when he wins isn't gonna happen. Just give him a solid 6 month run with good matches against the upper mid carders.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

piss tape israel posted:

Is this just Dave speculating or is that what they're actually trying to do? lol if it's the latter

i hope they do the part of the daniel bryan storyline where roman retires from wrestling for two years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You've all just fallen for the trap.

You're so tired of Roman's endless chase for the belt, you just want the WWE to hand it to him already.

Exactly as planned.

Minidust posted:

PPV or not, I think "kick all the balls" would've been a good finish for the first rematch. By doing it after the double countout it just got more of a groan than good heat. Either scrap the GRR match or just do the Backlash finish there.

That would have worked too. Especially since the live audience wouldn't feel cheated since it was just the GRR.

Have Shinsuke cost AJ a match early on SD, AJ attacks him back costing him a match later, boom Paige books a no DQ for GRR.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just put the loving belt on Roman, Jesus Christ it’s been like 5 years of this poo poo. How has a notoriously narcissistic, vindictive, babyman with a 2 minute attention span keep pushing one guy so hard?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Ayyyy

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The Roman experiment is far more miserable than Super Cena ever was. My God.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Nap Ghost

Invalid Validation posted:

Just put the loving belt on Roman, Jesus Christ it’s been like 5 years of this poo poo. How has a notoriously narcissistic, vindictive, babyman with a 2 minute attention span keep pushing one guy so hard?

Because it’s all he knows how to do since Bruno and Hogan and has become a lazy old pathetic babby business man with nothing to poke him to do better in support of his fragile ego. No wonder he fails outside of pro wrestling all the time and couldn’t become some mogul of sports and media. He can’t get his head out of his rear end and is insulated and scared of the world.

Maybe not when young but obviously as he got older. He cant change with the times and his brass balls are prunes.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Because he hasn't been punished in any way for it? He's making so much money he can try the XFL again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol remember when they did put the belt on him and he pissed hot like a month later

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Professor Funk posted:

It's like when you think "nobody is topping this villain" on season 2 of a tv show, then in season 3 they're up against a literal god or something.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Roman has too much hair to be the face of the company. Brock has short hair, Cena had short hair, HHH has had short hair for the big parts of his career, Rock and Austin had short or no hair, Hogan had long hair but was balding big time up top.

Basically put the strap on Mojo or Corbin

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Professor Funk posted:

Cena eviscerating Roman on the mic has by far been my favorite part of the experiment

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Bald Molly Holly was a badass

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Roman Reigns is not relatable.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

DoctorGonzo posted:

Roman Reigns is not relatable.

i dunno i bet loads of wrestling fans are hated and mocked by people despite trying their very best

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

:vince:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

trying their very best

And how does this apply to Roman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU