Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m ready to kill chores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jonathan Fisk posted:

ice, why did you give me a second gun?

I'm more concerned with how. I've been Inventor a couple of times and they usually can't give the same gadget twice.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

I’m ready to kill chores

yeah, that whole push without reasoning worked out great yesterday

Jedit posted:

I'm more concerned with how. I've been Inventor a couple of times and they usually can't give the same gadget twice.

i'm hesitant to consider a scum inventor as a possibility, though sal referenced in masonchat that he's seen one before. I'd admit that if not for the verifiable claim i'd be a lot more suss

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if we're going to lynch a noncontributor/null read, Mr. F is the clear choice.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I’ve contributed more than Alasdair

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Mr. F! posted:

Sad part is, this is entirely correct.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

I don't disagree. But you're the scummiest noncontributor

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

like lol at you being around but instead of commenting on the game, choosing only to throw someone else under the bus as marginally worse

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Incidentally I mostly agree with Fisk's list from earlier. I trust Sal less than he does (and Icephoenix), but it's mostly what I'm thinking right now.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jonathan Fisk posted:

like lol at you being around but instead of commenting on the game, choosing only to throw someone else under the bus as marginally worse

Ehh, this game is boring to me for some reason :shrug:

I’m vt

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

this game is ridiculous you pleb

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*just shakes head and gestures at mr f's bad posts*

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jonathan Fisk posted:

ice, why did you give me a second gun?

IcePhoenix posted:

Night 1 I gave Sal a dueling gun.

Not quoting all my speculation but tl;dr I figured sal told you in masonchat that he had a gun so you said in the thread that you did to protect him

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ok, that's fair enough

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jonathan Fisk posted:

My problem with this is that Dick said that he tracked Mr. F and he didn't visit anyone. This could just mean that he's vanilla maf, but I still think chores is the better vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Maybe keane is a scum role cop with a naive cop fake claim lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

My problem with this is that Dick said that he tracked Mr. F and he didn't visit anyone. This could just mean that he's vanilla maf, but I still think chores is the better vote.

he could be godfather, ninja, regular goon, etc

tracking to nowhere isn't the worthwhile evidence that tracking to somewhere is

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

Been thinking about this too for sure. Jedit immediately blowing up his "Jedit is town" thing definitely tickles the back of my mind.

Sal and Fisk being bussed (I assume) n1 bothers me too. There's no point to bussing two town n1, you don't really have anything to gain from it. But if you bus a town and a scum you'll get an opposite read if one of them is investigated that night, which is beneficial no matter who is looked at, so I feel like one of them has to be scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Been thinking about this too for sure. Jedit immediately blowing up his "Jedit is town" thing definitely tickles the back of my mind.

I'd assume a rolecop would see "miller + Joat," save a bastard mod.

IcePhoenix posted:

Sal and Fisk being bussed (I assume) n1 bothers me too. There's no point to bussing two town n1, you don't really have anything to gain from it. But if you bus a town and a scum you'll get an opposite read if one of them is investigated that night, which is beneficial no matter who is looked at, so I feel like one of them has to be scum.

yeah, if we were bussed that opens up a can of worms. Just going off of chat/posting though I have no reason to think he's scum, so i'm not going to go hunting off of a hypothetical

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lest we devolve into pushing forever based on our personal theories as to the strange happenings in this game, i think we should focus on the foundation of mafia.

More than anything else, posting (or not posting, I guess), and reads thereof, are what makes and breaks games. While we've spent literal days trying to figure contrasting claims and result weirdness that we as town can't know the way scum can with their full view of the board, we've let a number players slide by with either scummy or altogether absent posting.

I think the worst of these is Mr F., for reasons he makes obvious every time he pops in to lol at the thread.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

We need to prove there's a bus driver first, and also who it is. If it isn't Chores, then Fisk must be Town unless Yami is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

b-minus1 posted:

Wouldn't I have seen the miller role then?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jedit posted:

Oh, right. So far there have been two claimed bus drives, and they both include Fisk. That makes me wonder.

Jedit posted:

You're right, I'm letting my presumptions get away with me.

I don't think I've changed my mind that Chores is the bus driver, though, and he targeted Yami the night Yami claimed to have read you.

Assuming the bus driver is mafia, which seems fair here, mafia would know who mafia busdrove.

Jedit posted:

I got RBed last night. The likelihood of a bus driver just dropped off the cliff.

And it also seems like mafia would REALLY want people to not think there's a bus driver.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Assuming the bus driver is mafia, which seems fair here, mafia would know who mafia busdrove.

And it also seems like mafia would REALLY want people to not think there's a bus driver.

Mafia edit: Think there's not a bus driver.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Wouldn't I have seen the miller role then?

True dat. You're either flat lying about being Cop or you're Naive/Insane. I doubt you were driven, though, as I would have to have been swapped with Town.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah I've been pondering this too. My issue is I don't think Fisk is scum, however I have been bamboozled by scum before in an unconfirmed masonry.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
Iveq gotten into this awkward stage where I'm always playing catch-up due to being afk over the weekend

I'll try to get some reads...........right now!!!

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
Has anybody actually claimed busdriver or is this just a page of speculation on that

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

CCKeane posted:

What do you think about Jedit and Mr. F?

I'm still reading and need to get a read on jedit

I think mags is playing as if he's a bored vt tbh

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Killing jedit seems like a P good idea based on his Miller claim tbh bc then we'll know if Keane's lying or not I'm surprised weve not killed one of them

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

Killing jedit seems like a P good idea based on his Miller claim tbh bc then we'll know if Keane's lying or not I'm surprised weve not killed one of them

Agreed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Has anybody actually claimed busdriver or is this just a page of speculation on that

if you can give me a reason that an action of giving something to someone would go to a different person I'm all ears

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

if you can give me a reason that an action of giving something to someone would go to a different person I'm all ears

Lightning Rod is still a possibility.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jedit posted:

Lightning Rod is still a possibility.

Unlikely, I think it's reasonable to assume that these actions are caused by scum, a scum lightning rod would be unexpected.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Unlikely, I think it's reasonable to assume that these actions are caused by scum, a scum lightning rod would be unexpected.

It would have to be Town, because Yami got a Town result. Bus driver is massively more likely, though, yes.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

##vote:jedit

let's slice this knot imo

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

I like this vote, but I don't like your vote. Whats your reasoning?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote jeddit

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
not voting jedit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

I like this vote, but I don't like your vote. Whats your reasoning?

We gotta cut the knot, worst case w jedit is losing a Miller, and Keane is my friend!!!!

• Locked thread