Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
oops forgot a couple things

scumdoc

spec/deaddoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

sure. Some people think ketchup on a well-done steak is the only way to go, and that's their right

Let's not get carried away.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I need to work on my casework. I was absolutely certain that Fisk and keane were scum and was getting frustrated that nobody else could see it. But my cases are worthless if I can’t bsck them up and convince town to vote with me.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Thanks for the game BK. Getting copped N1 is worse than dying D1/N1.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

I need to work on my casework. I was absolutely certain that Fisk and keane were scum and was getting frustrated that nobody else could see it. But my cases are worthless if I can’t bsck them up and convince town to vote with me.

mafia.txt

Good game to read folks, I think the duel mechanic is a cool idea and will improve with tuning for future games! GJ Fisk/Keane for pulling it out with the hail mary play when it was obvious town was zeroing in on you two.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I was on fisk and keane too.

Fisk I was suss on you the second Mr F flipped town and your poo poo all over my town case on Jedit. When Mr F posted good job you guys got me I thought he was scum and I thought Fisk was town. The second Mr. F flipped town I knew. But the thing is Its loving hard to vote against a Mason buddy.

SalTheBard posted:

Keane
Fisk
Ice
B-
Jedit

This is my list of my voting order. I really feel either Fisk or Keane is one of the remaining scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If any of you are looking to play some more mafia, Ecco's game just needs a few more so we'll probably start really quick!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i think town was generally pretty good with their reads, yeah

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hey BK while reading scumdoc I noticed this:

[2:15 PM] bottleknight: Keane I think you have to take wifom into consideration here
[2:15 PM] bottleknight: What scumbo would just post that their name is x when they know that other scumbos will flip x
[2:15 PM] bottleknight: I think there’s some legit traction for so scummy it can’t be scum here

I'm not really wild about a mod helping the scum team out with strategy. We were destined to lose when we had 2 town players modkilled for low post count which accelerated the game by a full day. I think it was only a matter of time before we got Fisk or Keane and when one was dead the other was sure to follow.

EDIT: But really none of this mattered because it was a fun game!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SalTheBard posted:

[2:15 PM] bottleknight: Keane I think you have to take wifom into consideration here
[2:15 PM] bottleknight: What scumbo would just post that their name is x when they know that other scumbos will flip x
[2:15 PM] bottleknight: I think there’s some legit traction for so scummy it can’t be scum here

Yeah this is legit not cool, let scum come up with their own strategies. I know you felt like them having the same name was a misstep , but it wasn't really that bad of one because flavor arguments are really dumb.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not really wild about a mod helping the scum team out with strategy. We were destined to lose when we had 2 town players modkilled for low post count which accelerated the game by a full day. I think it was only a matter of time before we got Fisk or Keane and when one was dead the other was sure to follow.

I'd like to point out that I addressed this at the time and that we did not use the strategy.

Keane: BK I appreciate this but you probably should keep mods hand out of strategy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

I'd like to point out that I addressed this at the time and that we did not use the strategy.

Keane: BK I appreciate this but you probably should keep mods hand out of strategy

I missed that, thank you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Absolutely, I will never do this again. I learned a lot of stuff this game and did a couple boneheaded things where as soon as I did them I went "oh poo poo yeah of course I shouldn't do that." It didn't affect the game in this instance but yeah I won't ever do it again and it will never have a chance to affect any of my games. I want to apologize for doing it at all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It was only one Townie killed for absenteeism, if you don't count Anon.

BK, if you want a better way to implement the duels, have it so players can't hold more than one of the items.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

It was only one Townie killed for absenteeism, if you don't count Anon.

BK, if you want a better way to implement the duels, have it so players can't hold more than one of the items.

Ya sorry you are correct. When we lost 3 town in one day (1 lunch, 1 modkill and 1 nk) that was the end for us.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

Ya sorry you are correct. When we lost 3 town in one day (1 lunch, 1 modkill and 1 nk) that was the end for us.

OTOH a scum that none of you butts would vote for was also modkilled that day so it's kind of a wash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

IcePhoenix posted:

OTOH a scum that none of you butts would vote for was also modkilled that day so it's kind of a wash

Chores was on 4 votes the day I got to 5 and they were all Town, so that's hardly true.

• Locked thread