Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'll play. Last spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Confirming

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

What actually caused pmom to die? (I've been gone for like a year)

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

That's a flavor kill, Pmom isn't actually playing.

Ha wow, maybe I should read the mod's posts.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Like, I thought pmom had some real life crisis in the last year or something, I am a dumbo.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

I have an important question which will allow me to determine who the scum are.

Why has the advent of mobile devices caused Web designers to modify their existing sites or create alternative sites?

To enhance the ~~User Experience~~ of people visiting the site while driving, at a restaurant, or listening to live music.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

People should have to post a joke to sign up and if its not good enough they get moved into a separate game with Krell.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Jedit posted:

Now there's a decidedly anti-Town opinion. Also an anti-scum opinion.

##vote Slamburger for being obvious Krell-aligned.

The power of Krell compels me to omgus you ##vote Jedit

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I can't remember who chores is a rename of

The Votefinder alias list can help you out: https://votefinder.org/player/dongsbot-9000

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Sorry to hear that Sal

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I felt similarly about Jedit's post I think he was taking jokephase too seriously but idk if it deserves a vote yet.

Although deadline is tonight.

drat I hate day1. I wonder what the statistics are on lynching town vs scum on day 1.

The best way to get out of jokephase is to put serious votes on people, like for scummy stuff like equivocating on placing a vote.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

if you're tying to badger a traditional quote and comment case out of me people have tried for five years and I always come out drinking their nerdy anemic blood

Do you even case bro?

Yami posts a lot and is a new player, so he is cool in my book.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

In looking at the other votes on AN and the subsequent discussion, I think Alasdair looks the worst for committing and then easing back into shitposting. I would vote him today.

Also, AN has been avoiding the thread, maybe to prevent digging a hole, or hoping people move on to other targets. This isn't necessarily scummy and might just be self-preservation, but I'd like to hear some reads from her now that there is a good amount of real content.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah agreed Dick seems pretty invested in Yami towniness for no apparent reason

So you agree that Dick is soft, pushing?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Sal's end of day behavior was scummy. Read all his posts from the last hour, but here are three choice cuts:

SalTheBard posted:

See I think the exact opposite. If Anon is Town then scum is doing a poo poo job of pushing the votes on him. The silence and lack of votes is actually making me think Anon might be the correct move.

"Anon might be the correct move" seems like scum struggling to justify a future vote.

SalTheBard posted:

Can someone succinctly state the case for Anon?

Fake. Everybody was on Anon for basically one post and then disappearing. Sal knows this. Its not complicated. He just wants someone else to give him a reason he can go "hmm, ok" and then vote him.

SalTheBard posted:

I really hate early deadlines like this. Based off the silence in the thread from Anon it does ring some bells for me. When I was scum and on the block I vanished and let other people hang themselves out to dry. I don't want to be responsible for a no lunch, so I will ##Vote Anon .

Hand wringing over a deadline vote. He knows Anon is town here.

##vote Sal

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I can see your last post, that is very over explained.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is the FIRST kind of any content he posted. Starting the mislynch on Anon.

Yeah, I got us out of jokephase and got people to start posting real stuff. You're welcome.

quote:

And now he... looks at the AN voters, A VOTE WHICH HE STARTED, and thinks of them as suspicious? What? Also putting even more suspicion on Anon.

Uh, that's how you read people Day 1. If I vote someone whether its a good vote or a bad vote and then a bunch of people pile on there is information to be gained. I didn't know if Anon was town or scum, but the scum did, and I was attempting to ferret that out.

quote:

Anon really did not help themselves due their content and RL interference, as we now know.

Here is the crux of your issue with my vote, and its Anon's problem not my problem. She disappeared. I would have loved to engage with her more and get her to post some more content to better assess my initial read. But guess what, making a scummy post and then disappearing is scummy (as you admit). It's a decent enough D1 case and I don't feel bad about it. D1 cases are flimsy and its always a crapshoot. I'm not going to apologize or "feel remorse" for a D1 mislynch, like you somehow equate with town behavior. It's not. If I led the town off a cliff in LYLO or got hoodwinked by obvious scum, then yeah I'll feel bad. But not on a D1 mislynch, sorry.

quote:

He's pushing on what he sees as the next easy lynch.

I make reads and case players. You're free to disagree with me or explain why I'm wrong. Characterizing a single post as "pushing an easy lynch" is a bad argument.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Do you have any other scumreads, Slamburger?

Alasdair is high on my list. I think his pushing on Mr.F (Magnus) for lying feels fake and really easy. Mr.F's "I have a dayvig" seems like a low-risk harmless lie to poke people and doesn't seem scummy to me at all. A lot of his other content is sprinkled with snipey comments and non-reads.

I also have a gut read on DB, but I can't really point to any specific content.

As for your case, I don't necessarily think its fake/scummy but rather just informed by a new-player assessment of scumtells which I think are just incorrect.

Also, I'm neutral on this regarding Sal:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't see it in sal. We're unconfirmed masons and he's been pretty on point with his reads in that chat

Posting your reads in unconfirmed mason chat seems scummy: It lets you buddy up to your partner without drawing heat from the people you are accusing and its generally anti-town not to share your reads. But on the other hand, being too quiet in mason chat can be a scum tell too since its more work to have to fake that dialogue as well. So like I said, netural. I'd rather Sal post his "on point" reads in the thread so we can all evaluate them rather than having his mason buddy have to defend him. Sal, you want to share?

Also heads up I'm headed to a business conference today and won't be able to post much if at all until this evening.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

So Sal, who is your top scumpick, chores?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Hey I just got back from my conference, I see I have a lot of posts to catch up on. I'll try to catch up in the next 1-2 hours, but I am exhausted right now.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

So, I'm caught up now (sorry, just passed out last night), and here's my thoughts on Infinitum's German cousin Yami:

My first take was that this guy was just overzealous crazy newbie town. He made a case on me based on D1 content that was full of stuff that a new guy thinks might be scumtells but actually aren't. And my reaction was basically "hey good on this guy for trying". But now as I've read the rest of his posts throughout the day its clear that he is like too in love with his own case. Like rips a chainsaw nasty fart, inhales deeply and thinks "Yeah this is good. People will like this. People are going to like me."

And so he starts offering whiffs to other people and when they aren't into it; he just can't believe it. Check this history:

Asks Keane about his case. Keane doesn't like it. Yami says Keane must be scum.
Alasdair says the case is BS. Yami says Alasdair is scum.
Asks Fisk about the case. Fisk doesn't buy it. Yami says Fisk is scum.
Dick ignores his case. Yami says Dick is scum.

Keane's skepticism of his case seems totally fine to me, and maybe Keane is just buddying to me but I don't get any scum read from it. Yamis "case" on Keane consists entirely of Yami being mad that Keane wasn't engaging with him the way he wanted on his case, was disagreeing with him and was "ignoring" his important points. 100% garbage.

So that leaves me at:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Would Yami work this hard as scum? That the question I'm wresting with here.

Usually, I would be inclined to agree with:

Mr. F! posted:

I am reading a very open and honest stream of conciousness when I read yami, and that's incredibly hard to fake.

But examining his behavior from a scum mindset, I think there is evidence for scum Yami:

1. Going into D2 he could be feeling guilty about pushing for Anon's lynch, and he wants to project this guilt on other people exhibiting behavior he thinks is similar. This is common scum psychology. This drives his case on me.
2. He is feeling pressure to make cases. He's resolving this in his mind with his promise to case me and IcePhoenix. By the way, go back and read his IcePhoenix "case" or retraction or whatever you want to label it. Its totally insane, I can barely parse what he is saying. It's like some Alex Jones poo poo.
3. He goes all in on his case on me. It satisfies #1 and so he says he's "absolutely certain" he's nailed me. Based on some D1 content? Does anyone think its town behavior to be so committed to an early D2 case? Especially in light of this D1 post:

Yami Fenrir posted:

I don't have much faith in my cases, but I am trying to improve on them. Hence me making them a lot of the time.

I mean that's the smoking gun for me. Hesitant about his cases into total commitment? That is scummmmmy.

Then its just total commitment to the case, lashing out at people that disagree with him, and total preservation mode and paranoia that people are out to get him and he's going to get lynched (nobody is voting for him). I'll add that shortly after he posted his case, he asked me for more reads and I have him some hot takes and he never responded or commented on them in any way. I think we're giving this guy too much benefit of the doubt in the face of obvious scum behavior. I went to see if he had a scum game I could compare it to and he's only been town so far. I'm going to go against my usual gut for this sort of player and

##vote Yami

I'll post some additional thoughts on other players and revisit my Sal, Alasdair, and DB reads later this morning.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Updated reads:

Sal: Still feeling Sal as scum. He's on the sidelines and hasn't really contributed anything. When prompted for reads he gave this:

SalTheBard posted:

Chores mostly due to the high volume / low content nature of their posts. It's super easy (and scummy) to drive by post without offering any supporting evidence. When I get home from work today I'll work on a list. I can't promise it will be in depth but it will give content so people at least see where my head is at

Then followed up later that night with a half-assed vote on chores and no list.

Alasdair: This guy disappeared so nothing more to add. Probably a scum lurker.

DB: I originally had a gut read on DB, but I'm ok with him now. I think his content has mostly been natural and I generally agree with his reads. I think his big list was a little too wishy-washy and had too many town calls but I don't see that as scummy.

I don't have many good reads on the other players yet since most of the content revolves around Yami. If he flips scum I think we'll have a lot of red meat for future cases.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

There is a reason why I am certain about my case, which I will reveal very soon. In the meantime, I must apologize about missing your hot takes, I legit missed them. Would you mind linking the post? I'm going to be busy writing up a massive post.

Sure, right here. I anxiously await your massive dump ... of knowledge.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Also, I've leave this nightmare here that I mentioned so people can re-read this while they await enlightenment from Yami:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Now, let me get to Icephoenix. I realized overnight that I was wrong about something, and my case on Icephoenix is not nearly as good as Slamburger, and I am aware of this.

Now, why do I think Slamburger pushed on Anon? Because I think Good Sir, who has now been replaced by Icephoenix, was scum. Again, let me come back to the fact that scum could have easily just pushed a lurker lynch. It was around 8 hours before the deadline, and we had no lynch target lined up. In my opinion, that would have meant we lynched a lurker. Which would have been fine for Scum, to simply push on a lurking townie, right? But they chose to instead go after anon, if my theory below is correct (and I think that scum was almost certainly on the vote on Anon).

Why? Who would we have lynched, without having a target, if not a lurker like Good Sir/IcePhoenix or Mr. F, who posted a lot now, but only after being called out on lurking and only within like 5 or so hours before the deadline? The thing that throws a wrench in this theory is that IcePhoenix got replaced in a lot earlier than I had remembered, so I am not going to push on them quite yet.

However, I absolutely think that scum is to be found within the lurkers. After sleeping on it, I am no longer entirely sure about it being Icephoenix (It's pretty much the same way I thought Keane was scum after he defended anon, a false connection). Sorry for throwing shade your way earlier IcePhoenix, I mostly just wanted to to defend Sal with that post, as I think Slamburger is scum trying to push their own narrative early.

I realize that the suspicion I hae on them was based on their predecessor, Good Sir, and my own theory that scum wants to protect a lurker. Like I said, it's not the best case, but I feel like it's something to consider nonetheless. I'll take a look at some other people too lately, especially Hal, who I feel like is trying to lay low, but for now I think we should lunch Slamburger today.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Well, you're lying, insane, or busdriven because I'm the town watcher.

I also breadcrumbed my role:

Slamburger posted:

What Actually Caused pmom to die? (I've been gone for like a year)

I watched Hal last night and he did receive one visitor. I'm not going to reveal my result yet since I have no way to know if it was a beneficial town role and I'm going to try and minimize how many town power roles Yami takes out with this dumb or scum play. Hal, did anything bad happen to you last night? If so, I'll probably reveal my result.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

What were your reasons for choosing me as your alleged target?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Also, if you're admitting your case on me was basically driven to support a cop result why were you foaming at the mouth when people didn't agree with it? Do you acknowledge it was a basically a fake case, or do you still think it was a perfect dunk, handed down from the ghost of Himmler himself.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Why did you watch Hal?

Strong player, possible candidate for N1 kill (relative to anyone else I would pick).

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah Hal isn't doing anything this game (and its usually his meta not to do much early) but in the many, many games I have played with him and modded, he is one of the best mafia players in my opinion.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

To the point where if I'm in a game with Hal and he's not dead by the halfway point, I strongly believe he's scum.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I think he's good and in Grieving of Gaqqu I watched him last a little longer as scum than he had any right to. But to be a Watcher and not watch any one of a number of people who were more likely targets makes no sense to me.

Who do you think were the likely kill targets and why?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

But whatever. Neither of you appear to have posted your characters name or hints at the flavor. Why is that?

Tell me more about the correct way to breadcrumb in SA mafia, guy that has played 3 games. Maybe flavor ... doesn't matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Thanks for the game BK. Getting copped N1 is worse than dying D1/N1.

• Locked thread