Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

Once you pop, you just can't stop

Is my experience with this game

modkill for edit

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

modkill for asking for modkill

that's permissible and encouraged, op

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

pmom really was vanilla town, wow

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'm surprised youd show your face around here again chores

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i actually don't really know much about you other than the fact that you've called me your villain/rival a couple times so rolling w that

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

This town just ain't big enough for the two of ya

*spits in a spitoon*

I reckon we have ourselves a showdown at high noon

*crow caws ominously*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xWx-rEO1tg

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

condolences on your tism

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I know nobody asked me but this is exactly the exchange i had with town anarc in my last game

yami seems off to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh yeah, more suspicion on me again. We doing this again, really? After I was lynched for extremely flimsy reasons the last game and OH HEY I WAS TOWN.

Screw that. Give a proper reason as to why you think I seem off.

I didn't play last game, friend. Your words and tone are bad and I don't know you enough to say that's just you normally being bad, unlike...

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

And you were scum in that game. Is this a scum claim?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

You do realize that is the most generic non-answer you come up with? This explains nothing at all. "My words and tone are bad."

Which ones, the ones I wrote a case with, explaining in long strides my first serious vote of the game?

Or was it the one where I'm trying to put a little bit of pressure on people to see how they would react?

Or is it this bolded part perhaps?

##unvote

##vote Jonathan Fisk

Seriously, do tell.

you type like an insane person

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I am not playing in your mafia history, I am playing in this game. This is the first time i have ever seen you and pleading context is pointless

I don't muzzle my impressions of people, and I'm not particularly concerned with how they feel about my reads on them

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if you're tying to badger a traditional quote and comment case out of me people have tried for five years and I always come out drinking their nerdy anemic blood

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i don't mind aggressiveness but it seems disproportionate to an offhand comment that apparently has been received before for the same reasons

didn't take much to hop off narc

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's more remarking that fruit is low, and having the fruit explode onto you, despite you having no intention of picking it and instead just walking by

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the reaction to my comment about yami posting weirdly is collectively "yes, that's true, but you're scummy for pointing it out"

hm

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if i had attempted to case or even vote a player i might expect that weird cognitive dissonance, but simply commenting accurately on something that people itt agree on somehow being treated as scummy is unusual

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Taste: "the sky sure is blue today"

Sherlock Holmes, thinking: *Yes, but to what benefit???? Must follow him closely...*

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Your "suspicion" is coming super out of left field and you are being dodgy for no goddamn reason. Why are you being dodgy, Fisk?

it's not out of left field. You yourself started this tantrum by complaining how people felt the same way about you before. You're a hyperposter in a smallish game, what do you expect?

quote:

As for jumping off AN, I am very much willing to vote them further. Pointing that out means nothing. A vote isn't something that needs to be glued to a person till the end.

What you're willing to do doesn't matter in games. What you do is the record by which people play.

quote:

And no, the reaction is to being mislynched for, again, extremely flimsy reasons, like say, what your post may very well be the beginning off. In Opus, nobody said anything about me being "off" until scum decided to dogpile me after I announced I was sleeping. Since the deadline is while I am sleeping, AGAIN, I don't want this to happen a second time.

My first game had town basically be nonexistent, and in the second game I got lynched, day 2, unable to defend myself.

I am pissed about that and don't want it to happen again.

I am willing to accept part of my blowout on you is due to OMGUS and salt, but what Hal just said is the other part. If I'm scummy, I want to know why, not "you're scummy lol, and you're scummy for trying to defend yourself, too."

I don't care why you're melting down, but I didn't call you scummy. If I thought you were scum, I would have voted you. Your projection has caused this whole fruitless derail.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

also read this post history. If anyone's a scum vote today it ought to be him

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

But honestly? I've seen Fisk in other games, and I've come to honestly dislike their posting style. They may just be aggrevating town.

##unvote

Exactly what CapitalistPig and Hal said is why I asked Keane for their opinion after this post.

What is this post, except textbook deflection?

"This is just how Anon plays, people are overreacting, why don't we lynch this guy instead?"

I am suspicious of Keane and AN at the moment. AN for what I posted earlier, Keane because of that post that just reeks of deflection.

WHAT

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well excuse me for trying to put in effort. I'll lurk and be useless forever from now on, professor.

play however you like but accept that your posting will bring a response!

for example people dislike my terse posting very much sometimes, but I have accepted the yoke of being hated by boring old men on the internet

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

incidentally yami please don't take my burns personally, if you've read my previous posting i'm sure you'll have seen I'm just generally incorrigible

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's why I'm slightly suss of Fisk. I think Fisk is taking advantage of it.

to be clear, you think that making an observation that everyone agrees with and not pursuing it in any capacity to drive a lynch is scummy

why

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol at chores vanishing into a puff of smoke

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that literally didn't happen, though, so?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i can see how yami's self destruction would have led you to think otherwise but the only thing i did was state what every other player apparently feels is self evident. that started the ball rolling

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

he meant someone, i think.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fisk - taste
mr f - mags
hal - ecco
chores - dongsbot
cappig - merk
keane - mills

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

me, i'm sure

what's your native language?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yami: Keane us evil, let's lunch AN.

oh, yeah I totally misread that as me doing it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

German. I essentially taught myself english via videogames before I had it in grade school. :shrug: I managed to get a certificate for it but occasionally it just fails me like this

No wonder you've been so aggressive to me, a gay jewish romani smh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I seem to recall that rhetoric from the 1920s :thunk:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote chores, imo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

got some chores tonight posted:

sorry we're not all unemployed losers

it's not much better being a loser in education

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

considering the effort i have to go through to read your garbage posts I'd say i'm working overtime anyway

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ol' "accidental kevorkian" tryna look hard

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chores killed 5 people on the operating table this year alone

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

in any event, your terrible read on me strikes me as stupid rather than scummy, so I'll vote

1) chores
2) yami
3) mags

in that order

going to sharpen skates and play hockey bbl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well these choices aren't what I want.

##vote yami

• Locked thread