Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'll play if there is room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Should be.

Hi Sal. Maybe we should stop being at each others throats this time around. considering we both flipped town in Opus :shrug:

Every game is new

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

You're right. ##vote SalTheBard

:rolleyes:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Confirmed

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeee hah buckeroos let's investigate this murder and find the varmint that done this horrible crime.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

Alasdair and I are masons please respect my privacy and don't read parts of posts I have marked for Alasdair.

For Alasdair:
Hello how are you doing?

Confirmed or Unconfirmed?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

Is Yami's joke voting weird or no?

Honestly despite allegedly "being right" about everything Yami's passing was super scummy in the last game We played together. Yami is also a new player.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

##unvote
What are you guys doing anyway?

People are at work.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I hope Hal plays this game :( Him and I had a lot of fun last time!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

well this is just dumb joke phase atm. so i didnt actually miss anything. let's kick things off with a round of voice cop, please say "i am X and i am not scum" in a voice clip so we can tell from your voice if you are lying or not

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0UqLYYdJBEE

https://soundcloud.com/eldudebros-podcast/margaret-dennison/s-wNtSL

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

hmmm, bit dodgy. MY PEEP SHOW PODCAST. silly voice. dont trust.

It's a good podcast. My wife laughed as I was femmeing up my voice.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My wife got into a car accident a few minutes ago. Probably won't be around much tonight. Wife is fine no worries! Car not so much :(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
She's asleep and fine now, I'm so goddamn depressed though because this happened at like the worst loving time imaginable for her to total her car. We really don't have the money for a new car right now. Here 2010 Cobalt was a about as basic as you could get but it was paid off and the insurance was cheap. Hopefully we get in the $2000 range for it but I'm not really hopeful on that

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sorry for the derail. Back to the game!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ok Sal who's the scum

I didn't like Jedits freak out after just two joke votes.

I also didn't like didn't like Mr. F's "As usual I don't understand whats going on." post. It's D1 still sort of jokephase, nobody knows whats going on.

I actually really regret my post now because it allowed scum players to post "Sorry buddy!" posts (which I do believe are genuine so please don't think I don't appreciate it) and post non game related content while still posting.

So those are my two quick reads. Would vote Jedit before Mr. F (as of now).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yami's posting is scummy for a veteran mafia player. My point being I think Yami's mafia naivete looks scummy but perhaps not so much in the light of Yami's experience (or lack thereof).

According to Vote Finder this is Yami's 3rd game ever.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Does you mean me or Fisk with that, DB? I honestly can't tell. I'm a non-native english speaker and I've had trouble parsing some of these posts. I had a post by Sal I was pretty confused by earlier too, but it's too late to bring it up now. :shrug:

Bring it up

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Uhm no. My point is, that both of them are likely evil, as in my mind Keane is covering for his scum buddy, AN. I am advocating lunching BOTH of them. AN has a bunch of traction already, so I remained on them. On top of that, lynching AN makes more sense - since Keane could be a false positive scum ping, due to me lacking meta knowledge.

As such, I want to lynch AN first, see if AN is scum, and if they are I would advocate lunching Keane.

It's this post:

I don't quite understand what you meant with "Honestly despite allegedly "being right" about everything" and the context of "Yami's passing was super scummy", is as closely as I can describe it?

I saw a post of your in Opus Falconis where you said "You called out the entire scum team" but I couldn't remember if you did or not so hence allegedly.

Passing = Posting sorry!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slamburger posted:

So you agree that Dick is soft, pushing?

:a2m:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Votecount for Day 1

AnonymousNarcotics (4): Slamburger, Alasdair Crawfish, Yami Fenrir, CapitalistPig, got some chores tonight, Yami Fenrir, got some chores tonight, Yami Fenrir
Jonathan Fisk (2): Yami Fenrir, got some chores tonight, Yami Fenrir, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Dick Bastardly
Dick Bastardly (1): Mr. F!
got some chores tonight (1): Jonathan Fisk
Yami Fenrir (1): IcePhoenix, IcePhoenix, Jedit
CapitalistPig (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Lynch No One! (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight
Slamburger (0): Yami Fenrir, Jedit, Yami Fenrir, Jedit
Jedit (0): AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, AnonymousNarcotics, Slamburger, Slamburger, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (6): AnonymousNarcotics, b-minus1, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, IcePhoenix, SalTheBard

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 15th, 2018 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 58 minutes.

So we have 4 - Anon, 2 - JFisk, 1 - DB, 1 - Chores, 1- Yami

Anon, B-, Keane, Hal, IP and myself haven't voted.

It's interesting because I think if Anon was town then there would be a bigger scum push because we are headed towards a no-cuddle at this point.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

"welp, cant have a no lynch, time to get anon hammered!!" - scum in discord, probably

See I think the exact opposite. If Anon is Town then scum is doing a poo poo job of pushing the votes on him. The silence and lack of votes is actually making me think Anon might be the correct move.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

Do you think he isn't getting pushed further because the bad guys are on him as much as they feel is safe, or because he's scum and they're not on him?

(Fake edit: I see you think it's the former. But I'm inclined to agree, I don't want to lynch him today.)

Obviously I feel the latter, but I'm willing to entertain any idea.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

where my gossip lovers at

seriously, where is everyone

Everyone is here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Can someone succinctly state the case for Anon?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

It's also possible that he's scum, and scum are hoping for a no lynch to preserve their team. It would explain why he's lurking.

This is a good point.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I really hate early deadlines like this. Based off the silence in the thread from Anon it does ring some bells for me. When I was scum and on the block I vanished and let other people hang themselves out to dry. I don't want to be responsible for a no lunch, so I will ##Vote Anon .

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Just a heads up Anon is at -1

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'll be home from work here in a minute. I'm really loving confused right now and I need to read Slams post closer.

I don't think my posts were scummy since I said clearly I thought the silence was suspicious but let me read Slams post again when I get home.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

got some chores tonight posted:

o sal also was the guy who just posted votefinder as content yesterday

No I wasn't. I'm not sure why you keep parrotingthat line when it is demonstrably false.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slamburger posted:

Sal's end of day behavior was scummy. Read all his posts from the last hour, but here are three choice cuts:

"Anon might be the correct move" seems like scum struggling to justify a future vote.

Fake. Everybody was on Anon for basically one post and then disappearing. Sal knows this. Its not complicated. He just wants someone else to give him a reason he can go "hmm, ok" and then vote him.

Hand wringing over a deadline vote. He knows Anon is town here.

##vote Sal

The only thing I will give you is the last line "Hand wringing over a deadline vote. I was very conflicted because I felt that the push on Anon was stalling, to me that would indicate one of two things 1) that Anon is scum and that his scum bros were either withholding votes to try to force a no lynch or try to figure out a new target to switch too or 2) Anon was town, scum had voted and were just waiting for us to mislynch. The fact that Anon went quiet and didn't try to defend themselves didn't help much either. There was another game where I was scum and I attempted the same gambit (going silent) and it worked, so when I'm trying to make decisions I ask myself "What would I do in this situation?" and to me going quiet and letting scumbros push someone else seemed like something I would do. Like at least claim, I did last game, didn't work out for me in the long run, but I didn't get killed D1 by the scum team.

I don't care if you think my posts were scummy. Also this post is pinging me slightly because it's a very flimsy case that I feel scumbros would've been like "Ya push this case." however there are higher priority targets for me right now. Right now Chores is way more scummy to me than you are Slam because your case is at least thought out, Chores just said "O lol he posted votefinder for content!" That is a very inaccurate representation of my posting considering that Chores and I have about the same number of posts but I can string more than 2 sentences together per post.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

Why are you using a meta argument now when you were dismissing meta defenses of Anon yesterday? What is different?

Thats Yami. Meta arguments are only ok when he's making them. Other than that it's totally ok to ignore them!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I didn't mention it because it's unconfirmed and not a big deal. I learned my lesson from FSN.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Look at this OMGUS

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. F! posted:

Has Chores ever played a mafia game before?

I'm not sure because he's not playing very well if he has.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slamburger posted:

Here is the crux of your issue with my vote, and its Anon's problem not my problem. She disappeared. I would have loved to engage with her more and get her to post some more content to better assess my initial read. But guess what, making a scummy post and then disappearing is scummy (as you admit). It's a decent enough D1 case and I don't feel bad about it.

I'm not sure then why you pushed a case on me with this as your defense. I said this same thing about my vote on Anon. I may not have said it as elegantly as you did but that was what I waa trying to say.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not sure why J Fisk said reads because I haven't posted cases nor do I feel any obligation to post the details of what we've said as it's mostly been get to know you small talk. This is the one I will post:

"I'm sort of on the fence TBH. I think I would be fine with Chores or Yami, but not really feeling Anon."

Which was posted at 1:12pm CST (roughly 6 hours before the end of day). I still feel Chores but am not feeling Yami anymore. My main reason for not feeling Anon was I didn't like the initial rush of votes. However as the day went on and she vanished that initial rush of votes was less suspect to me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Chores mostly due to the high volume / low content nature of their posts. It's super easy (and scummy) to drive by post without offering any supporting evidence. When I get home from work today I'll work on a list. I can't promise it will be in depth but it will give content so people at least see where my head is at

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I am at work. There is a lot to digest here. I'll be home in a few hours.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

got some chores tonight posted:

that is directed towards salthescum

Look at Chore coming in hot with poo poo posts that lack content. I don't care if you think I'm scum BUT WHAT IS YOUR REASON. Preferably a post with multiple sentences quoting my posts and giving us some insight into what you are thinking. If you don't I'm just going to effectively ignore you since you are doing nothing but keeping your post count up with with meaningless poo poo posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

##vote Chores

This is OMGUS. Chores is doing Scum 101. Low content, high volume poo poo posts. Refuses to engage to justify his vote. Refuses to case people. Pretty much playing a game designed to get under peoples skin to get them to blow up and sink themselves. This game will be better when you are gone.

• Locked thread