Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«34 »
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

YOU'RE WELCOME

Cartoon Man posted:

Whoever makes the thread, just put NHL GDT: lol caps

No, that's how monkey paws get started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

GET HYPE FOR GAME 7 ALSO I AM REALLY NERVOUS GO BOLTS BITCH

STONE COLD 64
Oct 20, 2006

austin 3:16 says shut up. shut hte fuck up. where is my beer. i need hel

there u guys go

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Don't you know there ain't no devil, its just God when he's drunk.

Grimey Drawer

I donít have a horse in the race and Iím pretty drat excited for this game.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm tellin' ya I've been playing ice since I was a wee lad and I'm pretty good but there's ex pros that play in my A league in the summer and they can make me look like poo poo. One dude played in the OHL and had similar numbers to Trotz and he's pretty nasty.

Trotz would make your average beer leaguer look like poo poo probably even in A leagues with good d3 players.

I can't even imagine how good NHL players are. We have a goon goalie whose name escapes me who practices sometimes with NHLers over the summer and I'm kinda envious even though said players would make me look worse than a cone.

I was playing pickup long ago years after playing prep and low level college. I defended the other team's obviously best player a few times and held my own, which I was happy with. Then one rush he sped up and just went around me effortlessly, I barely touched him, and he scored without the keeper having any chance. In the locker room later I was told he'd been a pro in the Czech league and just held back most of the time so as not to ruin it for everyone.

I hope that is what the Capitals have been doing.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 17, 2007

surfin usa

my hockey story is I once got to play against John Carlson in some east coast travel team thing and he absolutely poo poo on us

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at May 24, 2018 around 00:27

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I played street hockey with Corey Locke and Brian Elliott - welp thats my story.

(I scored on Elliott like everyone else does)

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

I played for a season with Colby Armstrong. We were about 10 years old.

My NHL player story is kind of lovely.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm tellin' ya

Man, check it out, I agree with all of that. I'm there with you. I haven't been skating as long as you have, but I've played pickups and scrimmages with ECHL and AHL scrubs and they kick all sorts of piss out of everyone else on the ice.

But it's still just... Barry Trotz, man. That's all it is.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Its more that Trotz has no neck and looks like a pumpkin. Im sure he was good player but the years have not been kind

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

So is the Knight going to battle an American flag or what?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

JEG VILLE KLEMME DEG

i am the bird posted:

Swamp Monster

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

I bet he had a bitchin' Camaro.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 17, 2007

surfin usa

i am the bird posted:

I hope they kill Trump at center ice

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

You may want to rephrase that to be more clear. I mean, they don't have to travel very far to ask you to in person. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hoping is okay you just can't threaten it.

«34 »