Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Personally I just hope that all four of the remaining teams have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Red Red Blue posted:

Sounds like loser talk to me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Free tickets were decided to be the best thing for the Jets street party but are now being sold on eBay and Kijiji for $75-$150 bucks. :lol:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

The VGK are going to win the Stanley Cup and it owns

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Wonderllama posted:

I’m ok with this.

the tampa winning part or destroying all vestiges of nature for the profit of billionaires part

Red Red Blue posted:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Vintersorg posted:

Free tickets were decided to be the best thing for the Jets street party but are now being sold on eBay and Kijiji for $75-$150 bucks. :lol:

Ticketmaster is broken, I grabbed 4 at lunch online for me, my finance and friends, but I could have bought up to 20 at one time, considering there was no charge at all to order.

I guess it's a good time for Winnipeg police to remind everyone that ticket scalping is illegal in Manitoba and selling tickets you got for free is double-so

http://cowsvpelms01.cityofwinnipeg.ca/read/archive?id=10352&mid=48063

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 11, 2018

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Number19 posted:

Luca Sbisa is going to score the Cup winning goal and Canucks fans are going to lose their poo poo

Luca Sbisa is probably the best defenceman Jim Benning has ever acquired while GM of the Canucks

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

yellowcar posted:

the tampa winning part or destroying all vestiges of nature for the profit of billionaires part

Do they have to be mutually exclusive

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
So I'm seeing on twitter that people are calling the Jets the Thrashers as an insult?

How is that supposed to be insulting? The fact that you lost to the terrible Thrashers is better than losing to the fantastic Jets? I'm not sure the angle here.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Capitals do not stand a chance, with or without Backstrom.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

CommaToes posted:

So I'm seeing on twitter that people are calling the Jets the Thrashers as an insult?

How is that supposed to be insulting? The fact that you lost to the terrible Thrashers is better than losing to the fantastic Jets? I'm not sure the angle here.

probably because everyone kind of glosses over the fact that the actual original Winnipeg franchise was moved to Arizona and the current team in Winnipeg was moved from Atlanta

People kind of want to pretend that the Jets are back baby! but the truth is they're not back, just another team that happens to be named the same thing

e: and yes none of this poo poo actually matters and is dumb.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

The Capitals do not stand a chance, with or without Backstrom.

This is not how you post “The Capitals will win the Stanley Cup.” Please try again.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

ThinkTank posted:

Luca Sbisa is probably the best defenceman Jim Benning has ever acquired while GM of the Canucks

At first i was thinking "it finally happened, thinktank has mentally disintegrated" but quickly realised you're dead right.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Caps gonna be magic and win this poo poo.

I am so getting a new avatar as soon as the gif is done baking because we got archaic file size limitations round these parts.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Why is this poo poo on at 8 instead of 7pm?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Conference finals are always at 8.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

aejix posted:

At first i was thinking "it finally happened, thinktank has mentally disintegrated" but quickly realised you're dead right.

He is also the most recent player to score a playoff goal in a Canucks uniform

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Conference finals are always at 8.

Why u lie 2 me

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I told my dog if he catches the treat I threw him the lightning would win the cup.

Allz I’m saying is it’s an objective measure and the Bolts are going to win the cup.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Diet Crack posted:

Why u lie 2 me

You're going to make a trip west between today and tomorrow. The NHLcom schedule widget is very intuitive.

(Saturdays is probably a HNIC thing. Every other night game is 8. Except one that's 9.)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, why are you yanks bent out of shape over what the Canadian media will do with the jets win/lose? Most Canadians don't even consume Canadian media.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I work for Canadian media and I don't even read that poo poo.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

JoelJoel posted:

Lol, why are you yanks bent out of shape over what the Canadian media will do with the jets win/lose? Most Canadians don't even consume Canadian media.

this is basically "you mad, bro?" right?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Levitate posted:

this is basically "you mad, bro?" right?

Yeah, but in Canadian.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

JoelJoel posted:

how many times do i have to say "i think its funny" before you get it, jesus

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Two Lightning fans at work shaved today.

Caps in 5.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am a Canadian getting super mad at this American disrespect.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

:science: GO THE loving BOLTS :science:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

:science: GO THE loving BOLTS :science:

:hfive: :hellyeah:

:woop: :woop: GET HYPE MOTHERFUCKERS

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

WampaLord posted:

:hfive: :hellyeah:

:woop: :woop: GET HYPE MOTHERFUCKERS

I am hype.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
All sailors assigned to the USS Constitution should have to dress like that all the time.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Someone should tell Trump that sails are the ultimate defense against EMP attacks so we get a new fleet of tall ships

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It's pretty easy to understand American disdain for Canadian branded hockey if you look at olympic medal tables. Caring about where an NHL team is located is dumb though, barring the normal homerism I guess. Care about the players, cheer for the team that has the players you like.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 12, 2018

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jamwad Hilder posted:

how many times do i have to say "i think its funny" before you get it, jesus

As with all my posts, I was talking about you and you alone. You are the centre of my (and everyone else's) universe.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Caps I'm sorry I doubted you.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

JoelJoel posted:

As with all my posts, I was talking about you and you alone. You are the centre of my (and everyone else's) universe.

Ya I'm the protagonist of reality

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Caps I'm sorry I doubted you.

We're only halfway done, plenty of time to poo poo the bed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

GO CAPS BITCHES

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

fate has got the Caps right where she wants them

FBS fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
im sorry but i was told in the last thread that the lightning we're going to poo poo and piss all over the caps

• Locked thread