Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Vintersorg posted:

Kevin Smith gave the crowd tonight updates here in Winnipeg, it was great.

GO JETS GO

Also someone gave him a New Jersey and a custom one with a X-Wing as the jet.

God they're old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Jets... because Canada and all Canadians are dumb

In Canada, can confirm.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Chirping the goalie is very fun.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Agreed, but it should require a two goal lead minimum.

How many until you're allowed to cheer them for easy saves?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

It worked on Patrick Roy

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

iospace posted:

Am I the only one offended by the "Cindarella Story" moniker that people are using for the Golden Knights? I despise them and this the disturbing trend of using that phrase to describe their season. I get scoffed at every time I say it and I don't get why people are so behind them and using it because they aren't a "Cindarella Story".

If any team is a Cinderella Story... it's the Winnipeg Jets. (And no, I'm not a Jets fan. I am a Canucks fan to my core, but I've jumped on their playoff bandwagon)

If anything, the team in Vegas can only be described as privledged. They were given an unfair advantage when a group of moronic owners ok'd expansion draft terms that essentially robbed other teams of good players.

The Knights didn't have to start from bare bones and build and they have no idea what it means to HAVE to do it. They didn't have to move in a struggling team and turn it golden. It was handed directly to them. They (and their fans) haven't been underdogs... they haven't paid their dues and put the work in... they haven't had to suffer decades of disapointment, face overwhelming adversity or claw their way to the top like the Winnipeg Jets and their fans.

So I say again... The WINNIPEG JETS are the TRUE Cinderella Story (As are the Caps) and every other team and fan in the NHL should be offended by the Vegas Golden Knights and that description.

:same:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Gunjin posted:

I'm sure it marks me as "old" DC sports fan, but gently caress the Nationals, Orioles for life. They are the team of my youth, not the loving Expos.

Montreal would gladly take them back.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Haven't watched the video. No idea who this guy is or what it's about. Made me laugh.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Nothing against them, but I'm just getting tired of hearing about Vegas.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

he just chiming in to say that hockey is fun live

Seriously. Even if it's a local junior or minor team it's still a good time. And like $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

Go the Bolts in OT

Many OTs

• Locked thread