Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Number19 posted:

Luca Sbisa is going to score the Cup winning goal and Canucks fans are going to lose their poo poo

Luca Sbisa is probably the best defenceman Jim Benning has ever acquired while GM of the Canucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

aejix posted:

At first i was thinking "it finally happened, thinktank has mentally disintegrated" but quickly realised you're dead right.

He is also the most recent player to score a playoff goal in a Canucks uniform

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Conceivably how many OTs would there have to be for someone to step in and call the game off because the players are pretty much dead

There is no protocol in the league for extremely long playoff games. A Norwegian league game ended in the 8th OT period last year. A minor league playoff game in Calgary a few years ago was decided by a coin flip after a bunch of OT periods. I think the NHL might consider pausing the game after 7 or 8 overtimes if nothing had been decided as it would be nearing the following morning by that point, but ultimately the game would be resumed and decided the following evening.

Interestingly, a couple NHL playoff games have ended in a tie due to the game being played on a Saturday night. The last one was in Toronto in 1951 and the city's sabbath laws meant that it couldn't continue into Sunday. The game was still tied at 11:45pm so the league called it and the game was recoded as a tie.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

If nothing else, the Knights have shown that pro sports really missed out by not going to Vegas earlier than they did.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I like people singing the praises of the guy who's been historically mediocre in the regular season, terrible in the playoffs and is letting in at least one super soft goal a night because he made a bunch of saves last night and was integral in helping the Pens win back to back cups by opening the bench door over and over.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lessail posted:

How can you be GM of the Year when your plan was to tank and it blew up in your face???

The Creators (2017)

Bill Foley (Zero Mostel), a washed up financial services executive is forced to buy and sell steak houses to make ends meet until a chance encounter with a timid property developer George Maloof (Gene Wilder) results in the duo engaging in a hair brained financial caper. Realizing they can turn an unsuccessful sports team into a thriving ponzi scheme, they latch onto an idea they're sure will fail: putting a professional hockey team in Las Vegas, Nevada. Buoyed by the nonsensical dealings of bumbling General Manager George McPhee (Kenneth Mars), the pair celebrate their coming windfall until the team's unexpected success unites the city behind them. Scrambling to avoid prison, Foley and Maloof engage in any number of whacky schemes to turn the fans and league against the team but only succeed in bolstering their plucky underdog image. Will our heroes manage to crater the franchise and drive the team out of town or will this rag tag group of nobodies win the Stanley Cup and send them straight to the heart of a federal penitentiary? The Creators: only in stadiums, this spring.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DJExile posted:

where did you find thinktank's age charts

Hey now, complicated possession charts are very much Mind_Taker's thing. I just like to stand on rooftops and scream into a megaphone that 27 year olds are exiting their prime not entering it.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When you draft and keep Luca Sbisa, they're not wrong

I mean in retrospect I was dead wrong, but I don't think it was an outlandish suggestion at the time. Vegas had the worst cup odds in the league going into this season at 200-1. Anyone who says the Knights were given favorable expansion draft rules is playing revisionist history.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

This is the year the Caps go to the Finals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

:siren: guaranteed just the 2nd first time cup winner since 2007 :siren:

• Locked thread