Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Goddammit Teemu

Jets-Knights is going to be a fun series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/andrewbucholtz/status/994789255569428480?s=21

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Got my free street party tickets cause I'll actually be in Winnipeg this weekend while a game is on

There's actual game tickets available but I am too poor to afford $317/ticket for nosebleeds

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Free tickets were decided to be the best thing for the Jets street party but are now being sold on eBay and Kijiji for $75-$150 bucks. :lol:

Ticketmaster is broken, I grabbed 4 at lunch online for me, my finance and friends, but I could have bought up to 20 at one time, considering there was no charge at all to order.

I guess it's a good time for Winnipeg police to remind everyone that ticket scalping is illegal in Manitoba and selling tickets you got for free is double-so

http://cowsvpelms01.cityofwinnipeg.ca/read/archive?id=10352&mid=48063

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 11, 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Street party was great, didn’t even bother trying to get to the side where the camera are though

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Wonderllama posted:

That guy really likes pineapples

He was just on TV being interviewed, he was very drunk

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

drat, maybe the racism rumours are true for Winnipeg?

N: Winnipeg executive under fire for racist comments about P.K. Subban
https://world.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/winnipeg-executive-under-fire-for-racist-comments-about-p-k-subban

V: Fuckhead has resigned thankfully. What trash. Prob still has his tickets in that spot though.

I know the guy that just got hired to do Media and PR for the Winnipeg Rifles, what a fun first couple weeks on the job!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Spelling Mitsake posted:

It worked on Patrick Roy

He just took it out on his wife

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Paul Maurice is literally that drunk guy who just screams "SHOOT THE PUCK" all game

Kawalimus posted:

I watch a little bit and check scores and watch some highlights. I watch the whole game if im at a venue where theyre playing it. But I was permanently barred from the place after my reaction to the Penguins game 6 win so I cant go there anymore.

How the gently caress did you get banned from a place?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I believe that if the Jets play better hockey than they did on Monday they may have a chance at winning tonight.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I believe if both teams show up there will be a hockey game and one team will win.

Conceivably how many OTs would there have to be for someone to step in and call the game off because the players are pretty much dead

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

There is no protocol in the league for extremely long playoff games. A Norwegian league game ended in the 8th OT period last year. A minor league playoff game in Calgary a few years ago was decided by a coin flip after a bunch of OT periods. I think the NHL might consider pausing the game after 7 or 8 overtimes if nothing had been decided as it would be nearing the following morning by that point, but ultimately the game would be resumed and decided the following evening.

Interestingly, a couple NHL playoff games have ended in a tie due to the game being played on a Saturday night. The last one was in Toronto in 1951 and the city's sabbath laws meant that it couldn't continue into Sunday. The game was still tied at 11:45pm so the league called it and the game was recoded as a tie.

These are cool facts thank you

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jets desperately need to come out and play a full 60 minute game, they looked slow and lost for the first period and half the second. MAF isn't going to fold and suddenly let in 4 goals and let them catch up.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Chevy did a pretty bad job this offseason as far as free agency goes. Hellebuyck becoming a real goalie saved him

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Yo Jets, please play good hockey tonight

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

Momentum isn't real. Bulletin-board material isn't real. Locker-room chemistry isn't real. The idea that pro athletes are there to show up and cash checks and need some sort of special motivation to excel and win exists only to fill airtime and column inches.

Your intangibles are rated so low I don't think you will ever make it as a pro athlete

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

What’s quebecois for “suck my rear end in a top hat Marc”

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Synthetic Hermit posted:

The Muttart Conservatory is better than anything Winnipeg has to offer.

There are barely any shops. A large portion of downtown property is either government owned/subsidized, or vacant. Walking through downtown feels like being surrounded by grey walls.

While I'm definitely not one of those who wants Winnipeg to be Toronto 2.0, I will say that when I visited Toronto, I was shocked by how much private business there was downtown. Not counting the train station, CN Tower, and CBC building on Front Street, the first obvious government building I spotted was outside of downtown.

There exists a website dedicated to quality photos of the real side of Winnipeg. It's not mine.

Lol what the gently caress is this?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Guys let me tell you about the problems Winnipeg has

1) Inferiority complex
2) Loves their hockey team just a little too much
3) Government owned buildings

Sidenote: Jets please don’t lose today :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise