Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
So who's Rinne going to be playing for next year?

Tampa is going to win the Cup but all four remaining teams are cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

FWIW Kawalimus works the exact same shtick in TFF with the Ravens

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

It isn't but outside of game 3 where they were just really out classed/efforted, most of the poo poo that has done them in has been been their own doing. Taking bad penalties, turning the puck over on lazy passes right in front of our own net, and in ability to clear on the PK. The gwg in game 4 should never have happened, but of course a lazy back pass in front of the net went badly.

The Lightning are very good, and clearly have finished where the Caps haven't the past 3 games, but it's not like the Caps haven't been capable of playing well enough. They just seem to get in their own heads and compound their issues which is more glaring against better competition. Add in that horrific first period in game 5 and it just seems like the mental hurdles they make for themselves are as big a problem as the competition sometimes.

I get by the stats it's basically a stalemate, they've played each other very close. It just feels like the most Caps thing to catch the bounces/luck early and watch it slowly evaporate as something close feels like it's slipping away. I hope they can get game 6 and force a game 7 because more hockey is always good.

All of this is stuff that tends to happen when the other team is better at ice hockey than you are.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Are there Pens fans on twitter melting down about the Pens keeping Murray over MAF yet

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Update from my 80 year old former hockey player friend: sincerely believes the Caps’ problem is too many Russians.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

vyst posted:

This is literally Steve Yzerman's GM Strategy. All the russians!

I’m pretty sure I remember Don Cherry yelling that the Red Wings will never win the Cup because they have too many Russians right before they ripped off back to back Cups.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I can’t believe anyone who’s ever seen the Playoff Capitals thinks they’re going to lose Game 6

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Habibi posted:

Someone better ionize them, quick.

:doh:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Harsh but true

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't much care who wins tonight but I hope whoever loses does so in an amusingly soul crushing way.

I confess to still feeling bad for Craig Anderson

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Vegas is, to recall a memorable turn of phrase, living every Canadian farm girl's dream and riding a hot goalie. There ain't that much more to the story than that and it would be unremarkable if it didn't happen to be (1) an expansion team and (2) M A fuckin F.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'll miss Jamwad :sigh:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Caps will bombard the gently caress out of MAF and win the first two games in Vegas by a combined 9-2, and then proceed to lose the next four games to Malcolm Subban or whoever their backup is at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

You guys know Tom Wilson is going to spend the whole series trying to run MAF, right

• Locked thread