Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

iospace posted:

Honestly I didn't have high hope going into this series after the Avalanche exposed Rinne and the rest of the Preds.

There was some bad defending going on from the Preds. The 3rd goal today was a badly missed coverage from PK and the two before it were arguably poor defensive play. You want a save there, but Rinne's gonna eat most of the blame for this series and it's not entirely justified.

Go Jets, Caps, Bolts. gently caress the Knights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jets fans are the worst of this group

The Knights bandwagon is the worst thing since the Pens bandwagon.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I can't find the toxx thread but:
If the Washington Capitals win the Stanley cup I'm getting a new Larrytar

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Loqieu posted:

Even Marchessault, who scored 30 last year, had questions. The dude took awhile to make the jump to the NHL, he's 27 now in what is really his 3rd year as an NHL regular, and made a big leap in scoring from the year prior. Plus his contract was set to expire after this year, and I believe Florida was worried about the cap space needed to resign a player they weren't sure of yet.

I don't buy that. Florida was in the middle of a major shift in GM philosophy and Marchessault didn't fall into that.
I absolutely thought Florida was insane for paying to get rid of him.

For fucks sake though, Vegas took Alexei Emelin from the Habs. Could've had Hudon for free, but no they took Emelin. There was nothing stellar about their picks and we all predicted basement (just a bit above Detroit and Vancouver). They're going to eat it eventually, but eventually isn't now.

Gallant has done a stellar job in putting a system that the team can buy into in place and the team does what needs to get done. LA is weak and the Sharks went full Shorks. The Jets or Preds were always going to be a supremely tough task and the Jets showed the mountain the Knights have to climb in Gm1.

I hope the Knights don't climb that mountain, personally, but I won't be aggrieved if they do.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 14, 2018

• Locked thread