Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i need to decide what team to hate now

vegas is objectively the worst city in the western hemisphere but i like the idea of an expansion team in nevada winning something before a canadian team does

winnipeg is paying the stupid fat gently caress but making fun of that city seems like picking on a retard

i'm not even sure where tampa is

who is the other team involved?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Spiting Blues fans is a big reason why Vegas is so high on my list of teams I want to win.

why would that spite us?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Spiting Blues fans is a big reason why Vegas is so high on my list of teams I want to win.

i can see how you'd be embittered what after starting to watch hockey in 2011

after a lot of thought and some serious soul searching i have decided to hate the Washington Capitals for the following reason

1) their superstar player is from some other country and we might have to fight them in a war soon

2) donald trump lives kind of close to there and he might take an interest in their favor

3) washington DC is full of Bad People like Ted Cruz and that one fat guy

4) traffic in the DC metro area has seriously annoyed me on multiple occasions

5) dale hunter once played for them and he was a cock

The Tampa Bay Lightning have several good looking players and i've never been there but its wikipedia entry looks nice so they should win this series

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the connolly guy is probably a punk

do you guys think his well padded leg came out of that light bump alright?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
tampa is leading in coach neck length

someone make a chart depicting this visually

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
chirping the goalie owns but it owns way more when your team gets scored on while you are chirping

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
what is the all time record for one time rippers from the top of the left circle in a playoff series

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

wonder what would be more insufferable if vgk wins the cup, pens fans or vgk fans

the answer to this question should be very obvious

also I love how MAF turned out to be a Good Goalie and those literal years of endless MAF GON MAF posts have all been revealed as stupid

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ginette Reno posted:

Yes why did anyone ever think tha-

oh

right i'm sure he's just one of those unique specimens of pro hockey player that waited until age 33 to develop and that there weren't external issues affecting those numbers

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i like how half the vegas roster is guys NHLSAS was all FIRE XXXXX INTO THE SUN then lets post some indecipherable charts

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

this is video game poo poo

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

ElwoodCuse posted:

Momentum isn't real. Bulletin-board material isn't real. Locker-room chemistry isn't real. The idea that pro athletes are there to show up and cash checks and need some sort of special motivation to excel and win exists only to fill airtime and column inches.

this is either quality satire or stupid

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i like how ryan reaves fights back against stupid charts with Big Hits and Big Goals

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Wamsutta posted:

This but unironically

why do you think i was being ironic?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
maf gonna maff

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

In light of this "boo hoo VGK had it too easy, this league is a joke" whining, I decided to pull some choice quotes from shortly after the expansion draft, courtesy of this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780857&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=54

this loving owns

edit - if i had posted in that thread i would have said how bad they were but in more colorful and amusing language

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
blues game 7 in dallas whenever that was owned, lots of fat confused texans

edit - I drank too much and slept in my car until about 4 am, then drove 3 hours to work and gave a KILLER presentation before going home and collapsing

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ginette Reno posted:

Because for a while there the PPG crowd was pathetically quiet in the regular season.

Pittsburgh has always had loud crowds in the playoffs but their regular season crowds have been hit or miss.

Pittsburgh fans have historically only been interested in hockey when they have multiple Hall of Famers in their prime on the roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man that fat 50 something can fly

• Locked thread