Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
The Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

no matter what people yelling "oh" for the orioles will never cease to be amusing, i hope everyone appreciates what the dc metro area does for you

I'm sure it marks me as "old" DC sports fan, but gently caress the Nationals, Orioles for life. They are the team of my youth, not the loving Expos.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Brooks Orpik, still bad.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Mind_Taker posted:

But for real the game was pretty even last night except the Lightning PP was really good. It’s probably a good idea if the Capitals stop taking dumb penalties.

Stop taking stupid penalties, and maybe teach loving Orpik how to clear the puck.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Burakovsky hasn't been right since coming back from his surgery, and at this point, in words I thought I'd never say, he needs to sit for Chiasson or Gersich.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
I think Jaroslav loving Halak and the 2010 playoffs should disabuse any Capitals fan from the notion of the best team always winning. 7 games is a small sample size. poo poo happens. poo poo happens a lot to the Capitals. Hopefully this year the poo poo happens to the other team, but if it doesn’t there is nothing that we as observers could have done to change the poo poo that happened.

Gunjin fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 18, 2018

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
I really don’t think Burakovsky is fully recovered from his surgery.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
I’d just like to say gently caress the refs. Thanks and good night.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
According to the local media the Caps inquired about what sort of trade it would take to keep Schmidt, and the price was too high.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Ginette Reno posted:

I thought Schmidt was just so impressive in that series last year. I know the Caps lost but he was such a force in terms of puck possession it felt like. I dunno what the fancy unreadable graphs say. I was surprised they'd let him go rather than a backup. Grubauer is good but Holtby is the guy.

I wonder what the Caps will do in FA this year if they lose Carlson. Orlov/Niskanen are still good, and Djoos looks promising. But after that it's pretty bleh. I guess maybe Johansen steps in next year and does well. Seems like he might be close to ready to contribute at least a bottom pair.

Hoping Bowey pans out and re-signing Kempny.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Looks like he’s faster than Orpik.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

I bet he had a bitchin' Camaro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

• Locked thread