Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Congratulations to the South East division, which has three of the four teams in the conference finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

I feel like Tampa winning would be best for my quality of life, but both Vegas and Winnipeg winning would be delightful in different ways. Fleury stonewalling the Caps is probably the funniest possible outcome from the remaining teams. (I think that Winnipeg beating Toronto was the funniest outcome possible based on the playoff teams to begin with.)

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Washington's ineptitude has real value, and that value is irreplaceably gone if they ever actually win. Also I have a friend who is a super-irritating Caps fan, one of those people who became a lifelong fan in 2009, and I'd rather not have to deal with the blowback from the Caps winning. But really, it's that first point that's important.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

So what you’re saying is you’re a bad gimmick poster

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

It's a dogshit gimmick at that

I am using my mod voice to say that posts like this are the bad kind of weird, I think they actively detract from the thread, and I'd rather people didn't make posts like these.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Zodijackylite posted:

Scheifele is the 35th player to score 14 goals in one playoff year. He is the fifth to do it in this era, tied with Alfie, Gaborik, Malkin, and Pavelski, with Crosby's 08-09 season topping it at 15. A guy named John Druce also scored 14 goals in 15 games, for the Caps back in 1990.

History will be made (maybe)

The CBC ran a special about Druce because of Pisani's hot run for the Oilers in 06. He's the quintessential "random idiot getting hot for the playoffs," moreso than Claude Lemieux.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

It's just beginning :twisted:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

I've said this earlier, but Washington getting garboed by Fleury in the finals is the funniest possible Cup final. I think that would make Vegas winning it well worth it for just about anybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

The Knights have a 1015 PDO since December 12. They’re an okay team running extremely hot, and their most important pieces are gifts — either from Pittsburgh doing a favour for MAF or Tallon trying to spite Tom Rowe — that they would have likely received even with stricter rules.

• Locked thread