Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i rest my case

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i rest my case

Lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i rest my case

Lmfao word

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Ahh geez

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I hope square goes out of business

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Calm down man. Breathe in and think of final fantasy 15

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Calm down man. Breathe in and think of final fantasy 15

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Gyah!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ween posted:

I hope square goes out of business
Tomb Raider: Spirits Within

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

That's a pretty normal budget for these kind of games lol, idk why it was getting press.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

an actual dog posted:

That's a pretty normal budget for these kind of games lol, idk why it was getting press.

because the news of the last two tomb raider games was "we spent too much on this and it failed to sell 16 million units like we needed"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought the second one did fine once it was no longer an Xbox One exclusive.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

And these people bailed on Hitman :eng99:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

And these people bailed on Hitman :eng99:

Yea it's pretty cool/unprecedented that they released the IP to iO9 when they dropped them though. Honestly between that, Nier: A and FFXV , Square-Enix is in my good books and have my blessing to spend a hundred million dollars on some western third person shooter garbage just to blow of some steam

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
True, I'm just bummed that Hitman season 2 won't be all it could've been without the support of a big publisher, but I'm really glad IOI got to retain the IP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man season 2 could be later this year.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

True, I'm just bummed that Hitman season 2 won't be all it could've been without the support of a big publisher, but I'm really glad IOI got to retain the IP.

They were already mostly done with season 2 by the time of the split so it shouldn’t make too much of a difference

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

goferchan posted:

Nope it's Avalanche who did the Mad Max game lol

edit: and Just Cause
mad max was a super formulaic open world type game but the vehicle combat was really good. rage 2 could turn out cool.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

mad max was a super formulaic open world type game but the vehicle combat was really good. rage 2 could turn out cool.

If it’s one thing I want more of in a first person shooter, it’s driving sequences.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
STALKER 2 will be releasing around the same time as Cyberpunk 2077 and Mount & Blade Bannerlord

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Lumpy the Cook”" post="“484156532”"]
STALKER 2 will be releasing around the same time as Cyberpunk 2077 and Mount & Blade Bannerlord
[/quote]

drat, it’s shaping up to be a great holiday season.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Famous TV Dad posted:

it wasn't so much how bad the driving and open world poo poo in rage 1 was, although it was pretty bad, it was that it broke up the flow of encounters to do meaningless poo poo that mostly involved resource gathering and crafting. it wasn't like the world was cool to explore, since it was a big bland plane with craters.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

it wasn't so much how bad the driving and open world poo poo in rage 1 was, although it was pretty bad, it was that it broke up the flow of encounters to do meaningless poo poo that mostly involved resource gathering and crafting. it wasn't like the world was cool to explore, since it was a big bland plane with craters.

yeah i agree. a more tight linear structure would have been better.

unfortunately adding unnecessary crafting and rpg elements hasn't gone out of style but the gameplay trailer they released today looks ok so who knows.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Famous TV Dad posted:

yeah i agree. a more tight linear structure would have been better.

unfortunately adding unnecessary crafting and rpg elements hasn't gone out of style but the gameplay trailer they released today looks ok so who knows.

lol, yeah, rage 1 was really ahead of its time in a completely awful way

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lol yeah what kind of shooter would have upgrade mechanics *kicks Vanquish under the fridge* Booorinnng, do my taxes about it haha

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Binary Domain ftw.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Binary Domain ftw.

hell yeah

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’ve never played the Rage game. Is like a serious version of Borderlands?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/Gadgets360/status/996389753191911425

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gah!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

julian assflange posted:

I’ve never played the Rage game. Is like a serious version of Borderlands?

no, theres a open world you can drive around and like 10 items you can pick up in the world for upgrades, and kinda a borderlandsy town, but besides that you are just driving to level start doors and the actual levels are normal fps levels and its a fun fps

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Binary Domain ftw.

Big Bo..

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im remembering how good blowing wasteland scavengers away with my pop rocket shotgun and bfg was and have decided i will buy rage 2 lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off posted:

im remembering how good blowing wasteland scavengers away with my pop rocket shotgun and bfg was and have decided i will buy rage 2 lol

Maybe I'm just paranoid but some of the parts in that trailer looked multiplayer to me, which would be a weird thing to not announce yet but idk everything about that game is weird so far. Normally multiplayer would be a good thing but I wonder if Bethesda is trying to make their own Destiny/Anthem style game (come on, you know they've got to) and decided Rage was the franchise for it . The trailer looked fun but I don't want to play it if it's a loot shooter

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

elf help book posted:

no, theres a open world you can drive around and like 10 items you can pick up in the world for upgrades, and kinda a borderlandsy town, but besides that you are just driving to level start doors and the actual levels are normal fps levels and its a fun fps

Huh. Might pick up the first one for a look then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's 100% a loot shooter you can tell because the first trailer was just borderlands

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ah, maybe i should have watched the trailer instead of assuming the sequel would be more of the same game with certain aspects of it refined

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bethesda's calling it "more than a shooter, more than an open world game – it’s a shooterverse."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Bethesda's calling it "more than a shooter, more than an open world game – it’s a shooterverse."

im calling it trash

• Locked thread