Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
One of the ground transports in Rebels is explicitly meant to be canon version of a Kenner toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rebels was fantastic in that regard
Always nice seeing unused concepts get fleshed out like that

Still waiting for them to implement the early saber-troopers somewhere

Give me a Bariss/Ventress series set post-Tales of the Empire/pre-ANH where they operate on the fringe and stumble onto Yet Another Secret Imperial Testing Facility™ where we get some Purge Troopers testing out sabers to help the Inquisitorius before it ultimately gets shut down by Palpatine in growing favor of the Tarkin Doctrine or something

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

underrated dumb feature of the inquisitor lightsabers is that they can turn into a lovely buzzsaw for some reason. man you have a laser sword what are you doing with this

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Always consider if you have a interesting character with a neat hook and a character growth, how can i shoehorn in force powers and the absolute requirement of a lightsaber (preferably unique like a triangle or something)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Every character must hit every demographic.

And yet the cowards still won't do Kyle Katarn

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Kyle would be redundant at this point, since so many of his character elements ended up being adopted by other characters.

The Stormtrooper turned Rebel turned Force user is Finn.

The Bryar-wielding mercenary who joins the Rebels and steals the Death Star plans is Cassian.

The video game protagonist Jedi who has to stop a Dark Jedi from locating an ancient Jedi site and stealing its power is Cal.

The Jedi teacher that's in a relationship with his ship's pilot (voiced by Vanessa Marshall) is Kanan.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mango is Chris Katann

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Robot Style posted:

Kyle would be redundant at this point, since so many of his character elements ended up being adopted by other characters.

The Stormtrooper turned Rebel turned Force user is Finn.

The Bryar-wielding mercenary who joins the Rebels and steals the Death Star plans is Cassian.

The video game protagonist Jedi who has to stop a Dark Jedi from locating an ancient Jedi site and stealing its power is Cal.

The Jedi teacher that's in a relationship with his ship's pilot (voiced by Vanessa Marshall) is Kanan.

The guy with "Kyl-" in their name is Kylo Ren.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kanan is probably even designed to look like Kyle.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The MSJ posted:

Kanan is probably even designed to look like Kyle.

Down to the shoulder pauldron and everything, and a lot of his dialogue wouldn't be too out of place said by Kyle either

"Now hear this: I have had enough of today. Anyone who hassles me goes to the medcenter."
"The Empire closed the medcenter."
"Correction: Anyone who hassles me goes to the morgue. That is all."
- Star Wars: A New Dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I may be misremembering but I swear one of the rebels recon behind the scenes videos confirms that Katarn was a big inspiration for Kanan.