Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I can't wait until all of the Star Wars movie dialog devolves into sincere and 100% unironic soliloquys about Rey being their ray of hope while mugging directly into the camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

AndyElusive posted:

I still don't believe it until it gets announced on StarWars.com or that Star Wars Show or something official like that.

D23 is next weekend, so expect an announcement there.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Assembled storyboards from the same people who got a whole lot correct doing the same thing prior to TFA:

>One year after THE LAST JEDI.
>The First Order has conquered most of the galaxy.
>Kylo Ren is still torn between the dark side and the light and still harbors feelings for Rey.
>Hux has been replaced by Allegiant General Pryde (Richard E. Grant) and has been leaking information to the Resistance in hopes that they kill Kylo and allow him to retake control.
>The Knights of Ren return from an expedition to the Unknown Regions to inform Kylo about a secret arsenal of superweapons built by Palpatine.
>Kylo and the Knights of Ren begin searching for the Wayfinder, a device required to locate the arsenal.
>The Resistance learns about this and deploys Rey, Finn, Poe, Chewbacca, BB-8, C-3P0 and R2-D2 to retrieve the Wayfinder first.
>Rose is now a high-ranking Resistance commander answering directly to Leia and stays behind to coordinate them from the base.
>The Wayfinder’s coordinates are in C-3P0’s old memory unit in an abandoned Imperial blockade in a jungle world, where the heroes befriend the warrior Jannah (Naomie Ackie) and her people.
>After retrieving it, the heroes to a decommissioned droid factory in a snow world to unlock it, where they are ambushed by the First Order and rescued by bounty hunter Zorii Bliss (Keri Russell) and her droid D-0.
>During the battle, the memory unit of a combat droid is uploaded into C-3P0, causing him to develop an aggressive personality and take Chewie’s bowcaster for himself.
>Meanwhile, Kylo meets an oracle who directs him to the Wayfinder’s location in a desert world. Rey and her friends also learn about it from C-3P0’s memories.

>Rey and Kylo meet and fight in the desert world, while the Knights of Ren battle Finn, Poe, Chewie and the droids.
>Rey and Kylo still share a Force bond, which causes them to experience “Force flashes” of past events as they fight.
>Kylo and the Knights of Ren retrieve the Wayfinder and return to the ruins of the Death Star in the jungle world to unlock the arsenal’s location.
>The Resistance follows him, but are ambushed by the First Order and nearly defeated before a local alien, Klaud, helps them escape.
>Finn recruits Jannah and her people as reinforcements to battle the First Order, while Rey confronts Kylo.
>Rey and Kylo learn that the Wayfinder actually contains Palpatine’s spirit. The Knights of Ren are loyal to him and manipulated Kylo into freeing him.
>Palpatine possesses one of the knights (Matt Smith) and announces his plan to seize control of the First Order and use the arsenal to subjugate the galaxy. He also reveals that he was behind Snoke.
>Luke Skywalker and Han Solo appear as Force ghosts and encourage Kylo to accept the light. Kylo then join forces with Rey to stop Palpatine.
>Rey and Kylo defeat Palpatine, but he then possesses Kylo. He urges Rey to kill him, and she reluctantly does. Palpatine is unable to possess Rey and is destroyed for the last time.
>The First Order is defeated and Palpatine’s arsenal is destroyed.
>Rey mourns Kylo and Luke's force ghost appears, he ressurects him.
>The film is rumoured to end with a sunset.
>So about Lando, he doesn't do much, he's just there with the heroes. Knights of Ren also have lots of scene where they are just there.
>The final battle will take place on the jungle planet, the Sith Fleet will be there to fight.
>The death star remains will make the final battle epic and Rey and Kylo will use force flash fights against Palpatine.

>Rey and Kylo have a big fight on the desert planet of Pasaana. From what I know they search the wayfinder device which unlocks Vader's legacy. The scene is like in the trailer, Rey is in the desert and Kylo is in his TIE Fighter, he flies to her and she jumps and cuts his TIE Fighters wings in half, the ship crashes and Kylo gets out of it. He ignites his lightsaber and attacks Rey. Then something happens, its called force flash fight, The background changes as they fight like the bond they had in TLJ. They end up in different place from all the saga films including:Naboo, Corusscant, Mustafar, Yavin IV, Hoth and Tatooine(they fight in Lars's home). They end up back on Pasaana and then stop because the Sith Fleet arrived. That's all I saw from this fight. There is another one to the end. This fight was around 8-9 minute long, the background changed like it changed in Rey's vision from TFA.
>The last fight is on the ruins of the second death star,there they fight the Knights of Ren and The Dark Acolyte played by Matt Smith, Matt Smith's character is not a Knight of Ren.
>He opens a chest that frees Palpatine's spirit which posseses him. He puts his cloak and we get Ian Mcdiarmed voice. He sends the KoR to Take care of Rey and Kylo as he rebuilds the second Death Star.
>The Sith Fleet also fights outside with star destroyers and all against the rebels. First Order aparently joins the fight too. We get a chase in the death star and it start rising from water all by Palpatine's command.
>Btw, he explain that all Rey, Snoke, etc. were orchestrated by him from the force realm to ressurect himself.
>In the end Rey and Kylo kill all the KoR and they fight Palpatine. Kylo kills the host but Palpatine posseses him and they get outside as Death Star 2 rises from water, posseses Kylo fights Rey but he has moment where he gets control back and begs Rey to kill him. Kylo dies and Palpatine too. Ben is dying but Luke force ghost appears and he saves his life.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Wait didn't they already say that Rey's parentage would be addressed? That seems to have nothing about it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lol force ghost Han is so loving stupid

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I know it’s a minor plot point, but what happens to the galaxy

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

General Dog posted:

I know it’s a minor plot point, but what happens to the galaxy

quote:

The revolutionary age of toppling kings is past. Star "Wars" has entered a new era of festivity, welcome to one and all. The "all flash and no blood" red plumes on the salt planet signify this change of stance. To ensure the stability and prosperity of the kingdom, a festival is held each year as part of a never-ending celebration. This is what it means for Disney, not George Lucas, to helm the Star Wars franchise. In the magic kingdom anyone can become prince or princess, no blood is spilled and there are no revolutions.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I hope Palpatine possesses the guy with the paddle.

I really hope the movie goes more in depth about Palpatines master plan...and maybe some hints how we could've guessed it was him all along and wasn't just improvised.

LOL,rose did so well crashing into Finn they promoted her.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

MelancholyMark posted:

Wait didn't they already say that Rey's parentage would be addressed? That seems to have nothing about it.

The last time this kind of storyboard was put together, it wasn't complete until October/November, so I assume that if more potentially legitimate leaks come forth, it'll be added to this.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Lol force ghost Han is so loving stupid

Apparently, the way it's being described is a gloss over. It's more along the lines of "Luke creates a vision of Han/Han isn't actually a Force Ghost".

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MelancholyMark posted:

quote:

>Btw, he explain that all Rey, Snoke, etc. were orchestrated by him from the force realm to ressurect himself.

Which may as well be the way to tarp over "so why didn't we hear about Snoke before now" and manages to keep the "your parents are nobody" and have it mean two things - that her parents aren't actually anyone special, exactly like The Last Jedi claims, and also that she solely exists because Palpatine has Dark Side baby-making powers like was hinted at in Episode 3.

Which both means she's special and nobody. She's... Nobody Special?

It's also the dumbest possible outcome and this is JJ Abrams having to come in on this thing late, it's entirely believable he'd go with the dumbest possible outcome since the man has never stuck a landing to one of his mystery box ideas in his life, let alone under an even tighter deadline than Force Awakens had.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Prequel rear end poo poo all over this movie mixed with JJ spiritual remake stuff like getting a race of forest weirdos to help you beat the Empire. That summary seems to have 3 different times when some rando shows up to save our goof troop?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I just hope Uncle Palps finds closure.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Paul Saltines 4 evah.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Gonz posted:

Assembled storyboards from the same people who got a whole lot correct doing the same thing prior to TFA:

>He sends the KoR to Take care of Rey and Kylo as he rebuilds the second Death Star.
>We get a chase in the death star and it start rising from water all by Palpatine's command.
>Kylo kills the host but Palpatine possesses him and they get outside as Death Star 2 rises from water,

I can't believe they called the fourth death star Death Star 2

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Gonz posted:

>One year after THE LAST JEDI.
>The First Order has conquered most of the galaxy.
>Kylo Ren is still torn between the dark side and the light and still harbors feelings for Rey.
>Hux has been replaced by Allegiant General Pryde (Richard E. Grant) and has been leaking information to the Resistance in hopes that they kill Kylo and allow him to retake control.
>The Knights of Ren return from an expedition to the Unknown Regions to inform Kylo about a secret arsenal of superweapons built by Palpatine.
>Kylo and the Knights of Ren begin searching for the Wayfinder, a device required to locate the arsenal.
>The Resistance learns about this and deploys Rey, Finn, Poe, Chewbacca, BB-8, C-3P0 and R2-D2 to retrieve the Wayfinder first.
>Rose is now a high-ranking Resistance commander answering directly to Leia and stays behind to coordinate them from the base.
>The Wayfinder’s coordinates are in C-3P0’s old memory unit in an abandoned Imperial blockade in a jungle world, where the heroes befriend the warrior Jannah (Naomie Ackie) and her people.
>After retrieving it, the heroes to a decommissioned droid factory in a snow world to unlock it, where they are ambushed by the First Order and rescued by bounty hunter Zorii Bliss (Keri Russell) and her droid D-0.
>During the battle, the memory unit of a combat droid is uploaded into C-3P0, causing him to develop an aggressive personality and take Chewie’s bowcaster for himself.
>Meanwhile, Kylo meets an oracle who directs him to the Wayfinder’s location in a desert world. Rey and her friends also learn about it from C-3P0’s memories.

>Rey and Kylo meet and fight in the desert world, while the Knights of Ren battle Finn, Poe, Chewie and the droids.
>Rey and Kylo still share a Force bond, which causes them to experience “Force flashes” of past events as they fight.
>Kylo and the Knights of Ren retrieve the Wayfinder and return to the ruins of the Death Star in the jungle world to unlock the arsenal’s location.
>The Resistance follows him, but are ambushed by the First Order and nearly defeated before a local alien, Klaud, helps them escape.
>Finn recruits Jannah and her people as reinforcements to battle the First Order, while Rey confronts Kylo.
>Rey and Kylo learn that the Wayfinder actually contains Palpatine’s spirit. The Knights of Ren are loyal to him and manipulated Kylo into freeing him.
>Palpatine possesses one of the knights (Matt Smith) and announces his plan to seize control of the First Order and use the arsenal to subjugate the galaxy. He also reveals that he was behind Snoke.
>Luke Skywalker and Han Solo appear as Force ghosts and encourage Kylo to accept the light. Kylo then join forces with Rey to stop Palpatine.
>Rey and Kylo defeat Palpatine, but he then possesses Kylo. He urges Rey to kill him, and she reluctantly does. Palpatine is unable to possess Rey and is destroyed for the last time.
>The First Order is defeated and Palpatine’s arsenal is destroyed.
>Rey mourns Kylo and Luke's force ghost appears, he ressurects him.
>The film is rumoured to end with a sunset.
>So about Lando, he doesn't do much, he's just there with the heroes. Knights of Ren also have lots of scene where they are just there.
>The final battle will take place on the jungle planet, the Sith Fleet will be there to fight.
>The death star remains will make the final battle epic and Rey and Kylo will use force flash fights against Palpatine.

>Rey and Kylo have a big fight on the desert planet of Pasaana. From what I know they search the wayfinder device which unlocks Vader's legacy. The scene is like in the trailer, Rey is in the desert and Kylo is in his TIE Fighter, he flies to her and she jumps and cuts his TIE Fighters wings in half, the ship crashes and Kylo gets out of it. He ignites his lightsaber and attacks Rey. Then something happens, its called force flash fight, The background changes as they fight like the bond they had in TLJ. They end up in different place from all the saga films including:Naboo, Corusscant, Mustafar, Yavin IV, Hoth and Tatooine(they fight in Lars's home). They end up back on Pasaana and then stop because the Sith Fleet arrived. That's all I saw from this fight. There is another one to the end. This fight was around 8-9 minute long, the background changed like it changed in Rey's vision from TFA.
>The last fight is on the ruins of the second death star,there they fight the Knights of Ren and The Dark Acolyte played by Matt Smith, Matt Smith's character is not a Knight of Ren.
>He opens a chest that frees Palpatine's spirit which posseses him. He puts his cloak and we get Ian Mcdiarmed voice. He sends the KoR to Take care of Rey and Kylo as he rebuilds the second Death Star.
>The Sith Fleet also fights outside with star destroyers and all against the rebels. First Order aparently joins the fight too. We get a chase in the death star and it start rising from water all by Palpatine's command.
>In the end Rey and Kylo kill all the KoR and they fight Palpatine. Kylo kills the host but Palpatine posseses him and they get outside as Death Star 2 rises from water, posseses Kylo fights Rey but he has moment where he gets control back and begs Rey to kill him. Kylo dies and Palpatine too. Ben is dying but Luke force ghost appears and he saves his life.

Every time I try to read this my brain becomes numb from the sheer stupidity of all of this. Can't wait for this movie to be made so I can watch a bunch of people fight over it online.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Me, in the theater on opening night, if those spoilers pan out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln9yywA5Cjs

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

"The Sith Fleet also fights outside with star destroyers and all against the rebels. First Order aparently joins the fight too"

Fighting what? Does the resistance suddenly have a fleet again that they dont mention anywhere else in the storyboards?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's nothing more "star wars" than a good "death star" - probably actually said by JJ

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I can’t even envision what a good version of Episode IX even looks like, because the first two movies have done so little to set up the central conflicts:

-It has to resolve a Resistance-First Order conflict whose scope and importance we still have no grasp of.

-It has to conclude Kylo Ren’s arc, while also explaining what the hell he ever wanted to begin with.

-As far as Finn and Rey, what’s their unsettled business? Are there any other steps they need to take to become their best selves? Both seem pretty fully actualized by the end of TLJ.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 19, 2019

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
I expect pure trash from Episode 9 whether everything in those spoilers is true or false.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

LOL,rose did so well crashing into Finn they promoted her.

Makes sense, she's a liability in the field but a (reportedly) inspirational leader.

weekly font posted:

Prequel rear end poo poo all over this movie mixed with JJ spiritual remake stuff like getting a race of forest weirdos to help you beat the Empire. That summary seems to have 3 different times when some rando shows up to save our goof troop?

TBH that's just an example of Abrams aping the original trilogy. There's all sorts of random fortuitous encounters in those movies and a lot of sequences where they're basically told to gently caress off and find some random person.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Here's my biggest problem with that information about the story, if it's actually true- what difference would it make if a resurrected Palpatine is running the galaxy instead of whoever is currently leading The First Order? They are both authoritarians.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

General Dog posted:

I can’t even envision what a good version of Episode IX even looks like, because the first two movies have done so little to set up the central conflicts:

-It has to resolve a Resistance-First Order conflict whose scope and importance we still have no grasp of.

-It has to conclude Kylo Ren’s arc, while also explaining what the hell he ever wanted to begin with.

-As far as Finn and Rey, what’s their unsettled business? Are there any other steps they need to take to become their best selves? Both seem pretty fully actualized by the end of TLJ.
It's going to be a mess regardless, because as you say, there was not a coherent vision for these three movies so now Abrams has to find a way to not only end this trilogy, but also wrap up nine films' worth of character stuff. When I walked out of the theater for TLJ I really had no idea how you end the story with the way things are.

Also wait, if that stuff is real then The First Order would still be in power, right? It just ends with them finally defeating Palpatine but there's still an entire galactic occupation...

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

FlamingLiberal posted:

Here's my biggest problem with that information about the story, if it's actually true- what difference would it make if a resurrected Palpatine is running the galaxy instead of whoever is currently leading The First Order? They are both authoritarians.

it doesnt matter. abrams et al have absolutely no clue how to craft the basics of a compelling story without glomming onto what lucas did already like cancer cells

that story sounds pretty wacky and fun but absolutely denigrates the ST as a total waste of time and resources and nerd goodwill

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
trilogy ends with rey joining kylo or NO BALLS DISNEY

do it you loving monneygrubbing cunts

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sheev has more pizzazz.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They're going to do the 'Rey and Kylo join forces' thing but at the end of the last movie of this trilogy instead of midway through TLJ when it should have happened but Rian Johnson wouldn't do it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gonz posted:

Paul Saltines

This isn't the first time I've seen this, is this a bad meme or something?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

sigher posted:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

They named the droid after the Jojo character. :laffo:

sigher posted:

EDIT: Beaten

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

They named the droid after the Jojo character. :laffo:

EDIT: Beaten

I like that they based Wise Puppet's face off of Mr. Miyagi

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Star Wars is just Karate Kid in space

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
My favorite bootleg Star Wars thing after that was a line where Darth Maul was named DENNIS and Watto was named WHAT.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Glad they’re bringing back the classic “angry c-3po” plot point from AoTC

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

[Palpatine possesses one of the knights (Matt Smith)] [The Dark Acolyte played by Matt Smith, Matt Smith's character is not a Knight of Ren.]

amazing consistency

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
That's a pretty ho-hum plot summary. It's also extremely predictable, and given how TFA turned out, probably dead on.

As an above poster wrote, they really hosed up by not having Rey join with Kylo in the second movie, at least that gives you some hooks for the 3rd. The only hook here is....the Empire is in power again? Well, it fuckin almost always is, so who cares

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Oh also this:

http://www.nickstember.com/chinese-star-wars-comic-part-1-6/

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo what the gently caress.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I hate that idea and it never should have made it beyond spitballing but Matt Smith is a good pick for that stupid role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I'm a big fan of Sexy Vader and her Triceratops