Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

kidkissinger posted:

What happened to SMG anyway?

He's currently residing in the ADTRW Evangelion thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

thepokey posted:

If that's true, then drat Sheev REALLY believes in this Death Star plan. He's like a sports coach whose game plan won him one game at team 1 then totally failed after that once opposition coaches figured it out. But he gets picked up by 2 more teams and tries to implement the exact same game plan with both of them while constantly getting hammered.

The Death Star cannot fail, it can only be failed.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Flavius Aetass posted:

Why is it that Palpatine seems genuinely badass in ROTJ as he drips with pride and malice, just chewing the scenery, but post-scarring ROTS Palpatine just seems cheesy, like the actor is clearly hamming it up?

George Lucas got way worse at directing, or at least wasn't working with the right people

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

OctoberCountry posted:

Counterpoint:

Getting some real prequel trilogy vibes from this but in a good way. It's the kind of absurd poo poo that the prequels needed.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I wish this film was bad in the way that the prequels were bad, with those you at least got an auteur sense of shittiness because no major studio would ever make the mistakes that George Lucas made over the course of three movies. With this film and The Force Awakens I felt like I was watching a giant list of Star Wars poo poo be checked off over the course of two hours.

I didn't realize this until later but no one really cheered, clapped, or laughed during the film. My screening was in a special section of the theater that they sold a limited number of tickets for beforehand that had prize giveaways for answering trivia questions and other fun audience stuff. More people were in costume than in the rest of the theater and it had a high concentration of fans and no one cared about the movie.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 20, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I appreciate whoever writes the summaries on Metacritic's approach to trolling

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Something good finally came out of the sequels

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Unfortunately his first use of force lightning burned his dick off

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mameluke posted:

Attack of the Clones is the most enjoyable Star War, objective quality be damned. I love the following things it delivers;

- the Coruscant chase sequence
- the first trans character Zam Wesell
- Elan Sleazebaggano
- Kamino's design
- Obi-wan's swashbuckling detective adventure
- Dexter Jettster
- Padme has the most agency in this one and falls for fascist Ani because she's a liberal who gets scratched in this film
- Obi-wan getting his poo poo kicked in by Jango
- Jango's depth charge noise
- "Machines making machines, how perverse!"
- Padme's Geonosis outfit
- Sir Christopher Lee

- Dooku gradually getting away on a solar sail

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

garycoleisgod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79CNws71XlI

Apologies for the terrible youtube title from what might be a chud, first video showing it I found

One of their most recent uploads is a song by a band called Black Magic SS so yeah that's a chud

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

porfiria posted:

Revenge of the Shits

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'd be very surprised if they don't have palpatine back as a force ghost for most of the movie

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'd buy a giant bud lite that erupts into an endless stream of fire when opened

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 1, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerkface posted:

I posted my thoughts in the comment post you made, but I'd appreciate it if the star wars thread remained. Like your affinity for the horror thread I think the CD Star Wars thread serves a noble purpose and i like the aggregation aspect of it containing all the star wars talk here. TV IV is good for live posting and discussing episodes IN REAL TIME but I like having the CD thread for meandering conversation for star wars as a whole without that time pressure. New threads for new movies if ever released is good.

I think this is the right way, there hasn't been a new movie in a while and the megathread serves as a good bridge between major releases while also being a place for smaller stuff

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

porfiria posted:

Luke is Obama, Leia is Hilary, Rey is AOC. Finn and Poe are Dirtbag Leftists. Adam Driver is Bernie. Palpatine is Adolf Hitler. Snoke is Trump. Brendan Gleeson's son is Ben Shapiro. Phasma is Marjorie Taylor Green.

Kylo go on chapo

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PriorMarcus posted:

I kind of like the concept of Snoke as an insanely wealthy man, drawing out the war and funding extremist to keep earning his credits. No force powers, just someone who the dark side has leeched energy from because he's such a loving selfish prick.

Instead we just got lovely not-Shiv and even that only lasted until the reveal.

Snoke wearing gold lame robes in a red velvet throne room was definitely a rich man's version of a sith emperor

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

KittyEmpress posted:

In the original beta, the dark side jedi Knight never got the title of Master. Instead they got a separate title ceremony where they were named as a General by the republic military. Unfortunately players threw a fit during the beta about not getting the Master title.

Whole lot of anakins playing the game

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The kids are luke and leia reincarnated

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

General Dog posted:

Is there a worse scene in any Star Wars movie than the scene in Force Awakens when Han and Leia pause for 2-3 minutes to stiffly exposit things they already know about their son and their failed relationship?

fortnite palpatine

finn trying to tell rey that he's force sensitive as his maybe last words

chewbacca being revealed as not dead shortly after rey blows up the ship he's on

captain phasma, loser fuckface nerd

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 28, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The beauty of having an auteur filmmaker is that when the film's bad you get something like anakin talking about how bad sand is as part of a really awkward relationship scene

When it's bad because of the studio you get this

General Dog posted:

Is there a worse scene in any Star Wars movie than the scene in Force Awakens when Han and Leia pause for 2-3 minutes to stiffly exposit things they already know about their son and their failed relationship?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 29, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mantis42 posted:

on a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are ya'll

SuperMechagodzilla out of 10

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Schwarzwald posted:

no way is there a Lensman movie

there's an anime and a film

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Patrol_Lensman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lensman_(1984_film)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

koolkal posted:

Darth Slurro

this would be a good twitter gimmick

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Vinylshadow posted:

ST was two kids beating the poo poo out of each other in the front yard

the sequels would have been better with more backyard wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Halloween Jack posted:

Lightsabers are cool, but they don't get exponentially more cool when you add more gimmicks on, especially if you don't really have any ideas how to actually do anything interesting with it.