Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

RoS went full Flash Gordon.

Like, I think if they broke the movie into 20 minute chunks and showed them as serials, it wouldn't seem out of place.

"JUMPING JUPITER'S JAVELINS! REY CAN USE FORCE LIGHTNING??? HAS CHEWBACCA CELEBRATED HIS LAST LIFE DAY?? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT THRILLING EPISODE!!"

This was so flipping dumb, but I kind of enjoyed it for how dumb it was..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

No the real crime was when Ben goes back to Planet X-jar in a plain TIE Fighter, and not the TIE Advanced X-1.

If you're going to make your film reference city, DO IT RIGHT!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I honestly think the only reason I still care about Star Wars is so I can watch other people's reactions

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Who else lol'd that a decrepit ship was able to land on a Star Destroyer no questions asked because they had a Captain's Medallion?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

All this talk about bloodlines is what makes Star Wars farcical. "We got to stop these bad Empires, but can only do so with the aid of people that are just born better than everyone else".

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Why didn't Kylo just kill Sheev once he revealed the Star Destroyers?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Are we still rewritting the ST?

My rewrite has Force Dogs as a plot point.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Despite being unimpressed with what we got for movies (still need to see Mandolorian), I can't stop thinking about this bloody franchise.

The current thought I'm having is if there's any way to do a soft reboot that I would find satisfying? I'm hesitant to say that it's impossible-so much comes down to execution in film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

No Dignity posted:

If you're min maxxing its really worth dipping into the Peasant class forr a few levels to pick up the Greater Plot Armour feat, it's not flashy but it'll save your arse any number of times when poo poo hits the fan

I think this was a legitimate build strategy in Warhammer Fantasy RPG :v: