Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s not murder if you believe in the force. Which he’s a Jedi so and the force exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well the movies show that Luke’s force visions re Kyoto were right so.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pretty obvious fan service.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

... that’s not a real poster.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Part three part one.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

People care about Kylo and Rey. Maybe you don’t. You are right tho that the imperial guard could have had a bit more

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh boy, here we go

Please charge your phone.

I like the artist interpretation of Adam driver as being more closely related to Harrison Ford.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m not going to wait to watch the movie before I criticize it, man.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s def a main character. I don’t know why you would think he isn’t.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

JJ probably didn’t even want to direct 9.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Endor was the planet. The forest moon isn’t named.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rey could choose the name skywalker since she doesn’t have a last name.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those spoilers two pages back didn’t seem to bad to me ! :shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’a space opera with action and probably tons of cool visuals.

Seems good idk . Ok.

I know there is a higher level of quality we should probably demand but not expect

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am a Star Wars fan. Yes .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

After sleeping on it, palpating “possessing” characters is incredibly dumb.

It’s basically the ending of The Exorcist. Which was a good movie. But a totally different genre !!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

R2 was force sensitive and that’s in a movie.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah Palps is the only only honest character in the PT. It’s pretty cool.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sigher posted:

It was probably one of the few practical effects in the movie so compared to the rest of the package, yeah I guess it's not bad.

We’ve gone full circle hahahah.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There was a big scene in TFA were the republic was blown up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes. The movie is speaking to you using visual language.

Someone also says it. So that is hearing language too. If you can’t see and hear maybe you missed it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The movies are pretty stupid yeah.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s a dumb space opera serial like Flash Gordon or whatever. This stuff didn’t actually happen and it’s not like thought through as a simulation. There is enough background story to inform the story in the screen which centers on the characters

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The bad guys do lots of bad stuff on the screen. They are pretty bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kylo has his reasons that are explained and Snoke is pretty straight forward. What are you confused about. They want to rule the universe as evil Sith Lords.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think they did a decent job with Ren as the audience goes back and forth on him and then he ends up Sithing it up in the end of TLJ

Let’s see what happens in the next one ha. It may be terrible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did you stop reading after that exact line.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

they're not Sith, though

I really wonder what movie people watch sometimes. Kylo Ren literally worships on front of Sith relics, refers to himself as Sith. Etc etc. snoke even uses lightening. The movie is telling you these dudes are Sith. They act 100% like Sith.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kylo refers to himself and Snoke as Sith in tlj

Unless you think he means Rey and Luke are Sith and he and Snoke are Jedi which ... is probably not what he meant.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s not the only evidence they were Sith of course. There is also the fact that they were evil space force wizards obsessed with taking over the universe.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

I read somewhere that George gets something from these movies and Disney didn't buy out all future revenues from the use of his original IP.

That’s the first I’ve ever heard that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah well it’s JJ Abrams. Doing his patented soft reboot.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes, and I think it’s also still canon that Vader had a secret apprentice he was training to use to go after the Emperor (Force Unleashed game).

Also Luke from the movies.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

General Dog posted:

"If you hate anyone, even for a second, you have already committed genocide in your heart." -Jesus

Going to serious respond and say I think the rotj idea was of you use that hate for power then you have chosen the dark side and it’s real hard to come back from that because it works and is good (bad good)

Luke killing his own dad would have been such a powerful use of the dark side he could not have come back

But as mentioned even if he did palps would have killed him anyways

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You learned that leia got a new hair cut which is actually very telling and important

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lucas is obviously joking and making fun of fans.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe it it seems more like jokes or sarcasm.

Some of that was in the first drafts from like 1973 or whatever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

I gotta be honest, when Maz says she's handling a "labor dispute" I assumed that was just a cheeky way of saying that some of her criminal associates that she hired for a job double-crossed her, I don't think she's actually a Space Pinkerton.

She’s literally shooting at her employees

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The point is the resistance are disgusting liberals who need to be thrown away which is hammered home through out the movie.

I mean maz is literally management shooting at workers during a strike or some other labor unrest. She’s a liberal capitalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He burned the corpse on the forest moon of Endor . Many people must have seen that and commented etc to reporters and republican propagandists who knows it doesn’t loving matter how she knows she does.