Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’m happy for Bucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What would keep explorers from expanding to almost 50% of the ‘left’ side of the galaxy and not the ‘right’?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Everyone seems to understand quite a number of languages though. There’s probably some sort of education system.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

General Dog posted:

That makes sense, though from a story perspective it’s kind of important/notable that our protagonists don’t have any “normal”, outsider character in their lives, certainly none who they consider equals.

Would have been Elan Sleazebaggano but ObiWan had to brainwash him.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Darth Kalumzi

”You were banished because you were clumsy?”
“Yousa mighten be saying that...”

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The worst Star Wars movie was released in 1983, the best one was released in 2002 and the last one was released in 2005.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

How is this any better than the old canon?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

DesertIslandHermit posted:

In fairness, it sounds like something Palpatine would totally do and it's better than what we got in Rise of Skywalker.

Which means that Palpatine, upon seeing Luke’s mangled hand, must have thought back to the moment he saw Anakin’s mangled entire body. He must have had a moment where he thought ‘What the hell am I even doing anymore?’

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Why does Luke’s hand like to wear gold?

Imagine making your villain out of the hand of the hero from the previous entries. It could hold some pretty interesting meaning if you really explored that in a way only a science fiction/fantasy really could.

But this is what we got lol.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

This begs the question as to the whereabouts of Zam Wessell, Ponda Baba and the Wampa’s hands. They may not yield force wielding clones, but they could perhaps be crimelords or some other kind of lesser plot relevant antagonist.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Why is a clone of Luke nine feet tall with claws?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Oh hey two things I used to like:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Mistakes were made.

‘Somehow, Luke returned’

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

who's dick does he get?

All we know is he gets Maul’s balls.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is the Bad Batch stuff good?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Rey Cypher.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’m the alternate universe where Star Wars is an R-rated sci-fi grindhouse flop from the 70’s, fondly remembered by a handful of cinephile nerds.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

The opening crawl physically present in the universe, coming from Snoke's gigantic typewriter.

“‘And since I achieved all my goals as Supreme Leader in one movie, there was no need to finish the second.

The end.’

Hm. Good character. Good, not great.”

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 15, 2021

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

I shudder to think what's done to Carrie Fischer in that version.

Vader interrogates Leia not with a beneedle’d orb, but plays out pretty much exactly like this:

https://youtu.be/DKFzYUe5_p4

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Yes. Release the A-Ha cut.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I bet money that David Lynch enjoyed the prequels, if he saw them.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Studio Trigger making a Star Wars thing??????

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Nightmare Cinema posted:

What about saying it looks like mid-2000's progressive metal cover art?

I assume the only appropriate response would be to ask you to provide such album covers.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Shiroc posted:

When I saw TFA in theaters, about 45 minutes or so in I was starting to wonder how something that moved so breathlessly could be so crushingly dull.

A good question.

For another time.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Also some absolute mad lad is restoring The Holiday Special to 4k60FPS

I love that it’s happening but you’ll have to get me as hosed up as Carrie Fisher, now in stunningly clear resolution, to get me to watch it again.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Mando had chapters for its episode titles; we've reached the Boba Chapters

The Bobamnibus

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Boba Fett’s armor looks very bad on the show which is weird because The Mandalorian’s armor looks very good.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Blood Boils posted:

A Rancor mindset and Ewok diet are essential to the Mando lifestyle

Dumbbells with gundark faces on the side.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Hell they even have a perfect setup for it since Rise of Skywalker had him flying off with that ex-stormtrooper woman to find where she comes from or whatever.

I would be very surprised if they really followed up on anything in episode 9 because that movie was a piece of poo poo.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Modesta lol.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

Or referred to themselves as Moffs in any way. Like, have Kyle arrest one of them and as he is dragged away he yells "You can't do this to me, I'm a Moff! You hear me? A Moooooooooff!"

‘Moffs! You can’t fight in here, this is a Star War Room!’

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Disney, sell the Jawa Juice.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Are we even clear if Sheev in 9 was a clone or the actual surviving body of Palpatine from 6?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Sheev’s planet of elusive plot contrivances, strobe lights and quick cuts to mask a rushed set design feel like they came from the Roger Corman school of corner-cutting filmmaking.

The best thing I can say about episode 9 is that it’s the one most suited to watch if you’re really hosed up and literally cannot focus on more than one scene at a time.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 13, 2022

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

It also would have given us more Babu Friks.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What’s that second helmet in the new opening logo?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Obi Wan show looks cheap and I hope the storytelling gets better. But on the other hand it’s got Ewan and Jimmy Smitts so it’s not all bad news.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I fail to see how making your lead antagonist a total pushover idiot clown who is bad *intentionally* makes for compelling conflict. She couldn’t even intimidate a ten year old girl.

This show sucks so much poo poo. It’s a bunch of nothing written by a hundred bean counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

This show tho? Garbage. See ya on Wednesday tho! lol