Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1189026358409588736?s=21

:laffo:

A real life :yikes:
Are they really that scared of Star Wars fans? Good riddance either way. I kinda wish someone would ask them what's got them so busy all of a sudden.

Ignis fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The most unintentionally hilarious scene in RoS is the one where Rey is wrapping up the Skywalker lightsabers, and J.J. Abrams, in his infinite wisdom, decided he needed to show Rey wrapping them from all angles in quick succession

The editor of Bohemian Rhapsody would be proud

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Mildly miffed Luke didn't show up to spook the poo poo out of Adam Driver, like he said he would

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The reason that a completely new character that JJ made up as the result of a bet has three times as many lines as Rose is because uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh *wet fart noise*

He could've stuck Dominic Monaghan with CGI Leia for a similar effect, too

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/1212100585232719874

John Boyega here trying his damnedest to outsass Oscar Isaac

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I'm not sure making a jokey tweet on a pairing he doesn't like counts as painting a target on the fandom, though? It's not like he explicitly said he wanted all Reylos to die in a fire or tweeted "lol Reylos :ese: :ese: "

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

For a certain definition of "right" that involves screaming, crying, and making death threats about how right you are.

And threatening to sue people for defamation

I wonder if we'll hear from anyone on production today, now that the JJ cut is trending on Twitter.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm going to assume that the lawsuit is for defaming and slandering Kylo Ren.

To be especific, that's a reylo threatening to sue one of the people who posted a collection of reylo fans making GBS threads on Boyega.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/01/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-editor-rushed-production-fan-service-1202199976/

quote:

“We were definitely still trying to figure out a lot of stuff,” Brandon said about the sped-up editing process. “It’s a struggle. It affected everything. About a third of the way through, [Lucasfilm president] Kathy [Kennedy] was like, ‘JJ has got to spend more time in the cutting room.’ And I knew that wasn’t going to happen. Not with the schedule that we were on. Not with what he was dealing with on a daily basis…he was just exhausted at the end of the day.”

According to Brandon’s estimates, the “Rise of Skywalker” crew had three months less to work on the latest “Star Wars” movie than was the case for “Force Awakens.” Disney set a December 20, 2019 release date for the movie that could not be moved, forcing Brandon to edit on set so that the production schedule was maintained.

“I suggested I cut on the set…we had two tented rooms…so I just went wherever JJ was, usually 10 feet away from the camera, wherever the camera was,” Brandon said. “And I just mobile-y cut. And in between takes, [J.J.] could sit down with me and we could go over things.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Must have to do with the presumed leak from reddit yesterday, which caused #ReleaseTheJJCut to trend overnight on Twitter. These articles on Wapo and Indiewire popped up this morning.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

How did his winning smile get a caption and not his cane

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

I think it was that the resistance pilots had killed the Destroyers by shooting the big Death Star cannons on their underside, and then once they leave the battle they get the word out to the rest of the galaxy that they have to target the cannons? Am I way off on that? I remember Lando or Poe saying a line that indicated that towards the end, similar to the ending of Independence day where they're like "we know how to takeem down, get the word out...."

Or not, the whole thing really is a blur.

https://twitter.com/IsRexInsane/status/1208105311925686272

I saw that vid earlier today and it pretty much sums up the last fight of TROS to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Isn't everything in Nature force-sensitive by default or...???

Man idk anymore