Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Death-stixie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Crabtree posted:

I have now heard the dumbest theory ever and I sort of want a dumb End Game like time travel plot to happen just so I can laugh at it for a day straight. "Uh, poo poo's hosed because of Last Jedi" *J.J. Abrams busts in with the writer of Justice League and Batman V Superman* "GUYS! LET'S JUST FLING THEM BACK SEVERAL HUNDRED YEARS IN THE PAST!"

Rey's mother is... HERSELF
so is her father somehow

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Flavius Aetass posted:

Calling it now—Rey is a clone made by dark side sorcery for the purpose of hosting Palpatine's ghost, but Luke hid her away long ago so Snoke (Palpatine's imperfect host) wouldn't find her.

All of the OT was a plot to release the demon Paimon from Palp's body, so that it could take up residence in a more suitable form. TROS will end with Finn floating in the air, sawing his own head off.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Gonz posted:

Assembled storyboards from the same people who got a whole lot correct doing the same thing prior to TFA:

>He sends the KoR to Take care of Rey and Kylo as he rebuilds the second Death Star.
>We get a chase in the death star and it start rising from water all by Palpatine's command.
>Kylo kills the host but Palpatine possesses him and they get outside as Death Star 2 rises from water,

I can't believe they called the fourth death star Death Star 2

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Wild Horses posted:

Palpatine as a ghost would be better if he was a ghostbusters or poltergeist ghost
A spectre blowing one of the heroes under the sheets, in a one-off scene, without broader significance.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Bogus Adventure posted:

It will be broken down into a trilogy

Star Wars Episode IX: Origins
Star Wars Episode IX: Revelations
Star Wars Episode IX: Palperdammerung

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think RLM did some video a couple of years ago where they read that

I'm kinda over RLM, but that video is one of the best things they've ever done, and I come back to it every now and then

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

pospysyl posted:

The only thing scarier than a Death Star? A really big Death Star. And the only thing scarier than that? A hundred Death Stars.

That's ridiculous. The scariest thing would be if the baddies had a small team of death stars, each of which echoes one of the heroes in some way, like in the fast and the furious 6.

Edit: I wanted to do more with this post, but it's really hard to describe the opposites of the sequel characters

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Everyone knows order 67 was renaming the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Everything I've heard about Rise of the Skywalker so far has powerful At World's End energy.

How can I still hate something I barely remember?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Pollyanna posted:

97/92 on RT is really not helping your case here.

Whose case is it helping?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I still haven't seen it, outside of a couple baffling scenes linked ITT

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf