Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

euphronius posted:

Yes. The movie is speaking to you using visual language.

Someone also says it. So that is hearing language too. If you can’t see and hear maybe you missed it.

Yeah but what if the visual is stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kreia was right

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so how many seasons until boba fett appears on the mandalorian my moneys on 2

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They're not the same mandalorian!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He's technically dead right now but we all know that's not gonna last.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

Praying that they don't make a match out of Finn and Hannah, as if finally there's someone for the black guy to date

why do you think they introduced that character in the first place

certainly cant have him kissing ray or poe

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

El Burbo posted:

it's true, i was 3 years old and i liked it

i saw it for the first time when i was eleven and enjoyed it (except for the second act)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

man gently caress disney

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lol thats dumb

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

are we sure midochlorians aren't just mitochondria

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

well it's either build a big rear end superlaser or defeat the most powerful soldier in your army in single combat for the right to get trained/tortured by a gross old dude cuz no one else is gonna teach you

but what about the inquisitors....

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Same energy

and just like kotm this is gonna be a pile of poo poo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the only thing I dont' believe is that there wouldn't be yet another lightsaber duel between young sidious and rey/ben

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Preston Waters posted:

which Ewok titty are you referring to

its the twilek dancer her boobs slip out of the bikini for a single frame or two

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

theyre normal

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

perhaps the first order has found all the star maps

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Preston Waters posted:

So was TLJ. it's just newer and for some reason everyone thinks they could make a better film (no you couldn't).

no

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think they should try and make the movie good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hes old and busted now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't like this bit you're doing. The irony levels are too high

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/trilllizard666/status/1203602236439293952

good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

JJ abrams isn't a great director but this seems way stupider than his usual fare (when it comes to cinema)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It is safe to say ep 9 will not dethrone 2019s film of the year: Dragonball super broly

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Not in AMERICA

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mat Cauthon posted:

I can't think of a director out there who is competent enough to helm a fresh trilogy from start to finish and also wouldn't mind being shackled to this franchise for a decade, because a decade is what it would've taken to do it right. Like no matter how much money they're throwing at you that's still a massive undertaking and also leaves you holding the bag if/when something goes wrong or isn't well received. Also Disney was never going to let someone just take the reins on their flagship IP.

It really is a massive squandering of a lot of resources and talent. The postmortems once NDAs expire are just going to be phenomenal.

they should have given it to hideaki anno

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why no cool darth vader force ghost for the finale and also why did j.j just have them be regular star destroyers and not super star destroyers

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cuntman.net posted:

theyre super duper star destroyers

no they'ren ot they're not even that big or blue

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Libluini posted:

Is the new season supposed to start in March 2020? Maybe it really was an ad for a show? It's not like the hail of trailers before a cine film allows you to take in a lot before the next trailer starts. Could have missed something like "New Season Starts in..." if it was tiny enough besides the gigantic THE MANDALORIAN smashing into our eyes.

Please source your quotes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why do you do poo poo like this in every thread I see you post in?

Anakin is not Sheev’s idiot son, this line of thinking is just loving stupid and the weirdest form of concern trolling I have seen in ages

stop being mad

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

No they were bad

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sponges posted:

Why the hell would blockading an entire planet be legal in the first place.

because they're a huge megacorporation?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Plagueis didn't die until after the phantom menace.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Just realized I can't name any of the planets from the sequel trilogy besides jakku and exagol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm mad because this version had darth vader in it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Who calls it the high republic? Like is that what that period of history is referred to as by people living during the sequel trilogy or were people in the prequel trilogy saying that and tacitly admitting they lived in an age of poo poo?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That's because Chewbacca isn't a character

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I rewatched sith. It's good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Where did all those ships come from in tlj

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If we take poes word seriously which the rest of the film apparently doesn't want us to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tlj is not very good