Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Startled bulb nose man would make one hell of an avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lampsacus posted:

Actually I disagree. Imagine remembering the prequels in ten years with rose tinted glasses. Its beautiful fodder for an actually good proper tv series. True Detective + I,II,III = $$ for Disney.

What is this, just filming Cinema Discusso's version of the prequels?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Elizabeth Jennings doesn't hate men, she hates capitalism. She kills men. In horrifying numbers, and that's what I hope Keri Russell brings to the table in Ep IX.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ideal Star Wars viewing order:

II
III until I get bored, I mean I like the prequels but Padme is criminally underused

Wait 3 months

V
Auralnauts' The Last Laser Master

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They can rehabilitate Episode 8 by having it confirmed in the opening crawl of Episode 9 that Luke did, in fact, molest Kylo, and that by dying he has become a malevolent Force ghost that Kylo and Rey must bang to defeat

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It can't be Endor, because there's no way the trees would be that green and healthy after the Ewok Holocaust.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Finally, a new trilogy alien that doesn't just look like a man with a turd for a head

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Matt Smith and Richard E. Grant are playing the Eleventh and Shalka Doctors, obviously.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Using midichlorians to explain everything in the prequels was annoying enough, but now we're supposed to accept vocal chord parasites can pretty much do whatever as well?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kaz Miller: No. No!? NOO!!!!!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I am controversial.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As everybody should have expected, the rebels will have a bunch of ships and extras again with no explanation

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
We should really just post the infrequent "JJ has thrown his friend Greg Grunberg another bone" and "No poo poo, they paper over there only being ten rebels left at the end of TLJ" bits of news in the main thread and probate anybody who complains.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Remember, these are real rumors that have come with information that has been validated in various aspects of Star Wars on screen. So the rumors by themselves have validity. 

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, you don't think Chewbacca is a human being like Kylo Ren or the gonk droid are? Go back to r/the_donald you incel chud

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It strikes me that force-ghost Anakin, who died to save his son's life in one flash of goodness, would have harsh words for that son who himself died to spite the nephew he abused. I want a Luke v Anakin v Kylo lightsaber duel that Rey witnesses as Kylo just flipping out in a void.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Amilyn" is a very white trash sounding name and makes sense for a middle aged woman who still dyes her hair anime colours

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Episode XI - No, We Swear, Luke Canonically Did Not Molest Kylo

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
God rember the emotion and tension of Finn fighting that one cop

Or the long-earned thrills of Rey and Kylo chopping down all those other cops

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's hard to tap into the numbers that "Oh boy, Star Wars is BACK" brought when all one can now offer is "oh, star wars is back"

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Force of Hope

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Holy poo poo! gently caress! Finn has a different hairstyle.

When compared to his previous portrayals, sure, but definitely not compared to his current co-stars.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Star Wars Episode IX: We Made Two Already

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kidkissinger posted:

Jedha isn't a planet, it's just a region of Jakoonie

It's canonically a separate planet because it's far more Islamesque than Jakkooine

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Dark Skywalker Rises

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Martman posted:

OT: Yay! We killed the bad guy! Time for the good guys to fix everything!

PT: Hmm maybe killing one bad guy isn't actually enough, and maybe the system that allowed him to come to power was the real problem!

ST: Actually, the problem is we didn't kill the bad guy hard enough.

OT: The Galactic Civil War was about slavery

PT: The Galactic Civil War was about member systems' rights

ST: The Galactic Civil War was about slavery

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think Disney Vader is a pretty cool guy, he murders women and doesn't afraid of anything

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Even his idea seemed kinda dumb. Why would the Death Star have morgues to attend?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
drat, they've been leaving breadcrumbs? And they're tying Moomins into the canon? That Pablo Hidalgo sure can weave a dream!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think part of it, even beyond the obvious misogyny, is how stupid a choice like "Vader kills Everyone who sees his face" is to make for the character. Why the hell would he care?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blast Fantasto posted:

Is constable zuvio gonna be in this movie

ACZAB

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Teek posted:

Pablo goes out of his way to try to not talk about Star Wars now. Apparently even his non-SW stuff is construed and twisted into being about SW too by Reddit. He attended a non-SW event in NYC with some people, including Rian Johnson. Reddit turned it into a big consultation thing about Johnson's trilogy.

Wtf is this? That's like Guy Fieri going on a talk show and begging people to stop asking him about kitschy diners

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chewie, Threepio, and R2D2 are functionally immortal as they don't need a specific actor to play them

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, that "Star Wars fact" has people thinking that the First Order may have ripped holes in space-time.

Probably also a bunch of credulous morons eagerly discussing the "lore implications"

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Salami posted:

"On the other hand, Watto is the only representation we Jews get in the Star Wars franchise."

Yes, it's a real shame there isn't a single prominent Jewish actor in any of the Star Wars films. Ah well, I suppose we'll have to settle for a grotesque CGI creation voiced by a Welshman.

Wasn't literally every woman in Star Wars until Rose a beautiful jewess

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, jeeze, a red stormtrooper, shut up and take my money Disney :rolleyes:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Also I think the dumbest part of the whole area in Disneyland is that there's a single ride and everything else is just a store where you can buy stuff. I mean, I understand having a bunch of Star Wars merch to sell in themed stores... but people go to theme parks primarily for the rides. Why isn't there 4 or 5 rides to enjoy? I mean poo poo, give me some Podracing, maybe group 4v4 TIE Fighter and X-Wing battles, the loving trench run.

I dunno it sounds like Disney is close to finally perfecting the theme park

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

This is probably the coolest new ship, even if is just the two ships from the opening of TPM loving inside a star destroyer

Also lol at casting Matt Smith as a knight, that dude has been playing old and frail since his mid-twenties

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bring Gwendoline Christie back as a completely unrelated character imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
drat and I thought spinning thousands of words out of nothing was an essaywriting skill I left behind in undergrad