Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Holy lmao Darth Maul is in this movie

I kind of have to see it now. That sounds so drat silly. I’ll go during a big crowd if possible haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nodosaur posted:

I mean they've been pretty successful and well acclaimed cartoons. Won all kinds of awards. Made their share of money. We're not talking about an obscure EU novel here. It's not unlikely that a number of the kids who watched Rebels would also want to see Solo. And the Disney era has been full of nods like this, there's been a number of references to the cartoons in TFA alone.

For regular people, these shows do not exist.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lawrence Kasden’s script must be preserved!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love them but their hatred for TLJ is stupid as hell and I’m annoyed about them shoving into every video.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kill Star Wars

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Defend horrible people despite having every reason too hate them?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Johnny Depp

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Johnson wrote 8 while 7 was being finished. That’s the problem.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think Kylo Ren was a fluke. But one that, while his character has some neat backstory stuff, if in the hands of a weaker actor, probably wouldn't have been as endearing.

Like Anakin on paper is a fairly complex character, played abysmally by Hayden.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kidkissinger posted:

JJ Abrams himself said that Phasma was his favorite character and they had her on the covers of several magazines promoting her as some cool.new character.

She had a lot of scenes cut. She had a battle scene on the Maz planet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Finn and Rey and friends. Rose and Finn are also friends. You can love your friends without wanting to shoot the torpedo into the exhaust port.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Zoe Seldana and Chris Pratt made out in the biggest movie of all time though.
And don't say she's green.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes I did.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ammanas posted:

Because you need to pay an (expensive) actor to run the R2D2 costume but the Falcon is cheap overseas visual effects.

R2D2 is literally a robot now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mecha Gojira posted:

The weirdest thing about New Star Wars is the emphasis on things rather than characters. Like the Millennium Falcon being center-stage, close-ups of Anakin's lightsaber, the loving dice in the cockpit that you couldn't even loving see if you were watching the movies on VHS back in 1995. Compare Rey discovering Anakin's lightsaber to Obi Wan giving that same saber to Luke. There's close-ups of the prop that lead to visions. Meanwhile, Luke just loving swings it around like it's an old toy. Honestly, that's the most jarring thing about the new trilogy versus the old.

It makes sense considering from 2005 until like...2012, it was all prequel stuff all the time. I'm not gonna lie, ya'll got me with that poo poo in 2015. It was cool to see good things again instead of stupid things.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This movie was annoying. Darth Maul grabbing a random lightsaber was too much.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This was a fan film, right down to the most nerdy obscure references to the series. I’m so glad they referenced the lovely ps1 game and the sea monsters from the phantom menace instead of giving Thandie Newton more to do.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And also a goon baby...or goon known baby. I want the rest of that story.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Do you think Leet screams internally every time a laser blast hits the falcon?

Was she trying to get back to Lando when she recommend going to Cloud City?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish it was Serenity 2

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The first 15 minutes were pretty good. It felt like Lord and Miller’s stuff. Weird, really silly physical comedy with some fun scenes of action.

Then they end the WW1 Empire stuff and Jon Favaru shows up and I was like...oh no....

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lord and Miller joke. Not a Ron Howard joke.

Release the lord and Miller cut

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

They were still shooting when they were fired, I don't think they would have had a cut...

There’s 80% of their movie on the floor of Disney somewhere. Slap that poo poo into Premiere and give me a good version that wasn’t bland as hell

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s clear that they do not want to get nuts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Milky Moor posted:

They want to get nuts but in a safe, predictable way.

I'm just aghast that you don't like the film.

You’ll find I’m full of surprises.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I literally forgot the movie after the first 10 minutes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No one should have to endure the SW EU ever. So of course people are like WTF Darth loving Maul??? Why?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kylo Ren isn’t supposed to look cool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Adam Driver is cool as hell. Kylo Ren is a weirdo who is un cool, but an amazing character who I love.

I think he’s my favorite Star Wars character of them all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The design was badass to me when I was 7, and was badass to my dad who watched the original trilogy in theatres, and by all accounts the character is popular. As in, the only prequel character you can meet at disney world popular.

It might just be that teenagers are dumbass douchey contrarians and citing your teenage opinions makes you sound stupid as all gently caress

You can’t meet Darth Maul at Disneyworld. You can meet Kylo, Rey, Chewie and Vader tho

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Completion?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because there’s a lot of children who are money making age who grew up with the prequels

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mauls only recognizable features are he’s red, has horns and a double sided lightsaber. He’s got nothing else

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It wasn’t even his original voice!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The score owns

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The theme is fantastic. It’s very energetic and adventurous and like Powell’s other scores, he keeps the whole thing moving. Enfys Nest theme is really unique and when it pops in it brings in a sense of menace and awe.

I listened to it before the film and the score had more energy and a more joyful swashbuckling feel than the film did.

The first track Meet Han is exceptional, when the drum kicks in and the first part of The Han theme kicks in, it gives me chills.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes I know Williams wrote it, and it’s one of my favorite themes he’s created, but the way Powell used it was incredible for me. I much prefer his take.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

thrawn527 posted:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1003645049920507905

That's...gross, and I don't know why you felt the need to tell us that, Star Wars Twitter account.

It is the mucus that binds us!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Come on, like they'd make a movie about Fett with any nuance.

I mean, Logan was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Zoran posted:

I did just check and I can’t find a Kathleen Kennedy quote where she specifically rules out recasting Leia. She says they won’t CGI her and that Carrie won’t appear (from stock footage or whatever). Can anyone find her saying that Leia, the character, will not be in Episode IX?

It’s the first thing on google

https://futurism.media/carrie-fisher-will-not-be-in-star-wars-episode-9-lucasfilm-confirms-no-cgi-and-no-extra-the-last-jedi-footage