Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want those Lucas Star Wars TV scripts so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Horizon Burning posted:

introducing the face of ren, master of the knights of ren

jeffrey epstein??

Jesus most american comic book art is so loving ugly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The Little Death posted:

The Prequels started the prop-focused trend that the ST capitalized on. Everything from Jedi Robes to lightsabers, things featured sparingly in the OT, become super common and totems in their own right. I mean, it's not even clear that Jedi were meant to always wear earth-tone coloured robes. Uncle Owen wears them, because he lives in a desert and they are modeled on bedouin robes. But suddenly in the PT all the Jedi dress like Obi-wan and all the little kid padawans dress like Luke. Even beyond the midichlorians, as SMG has said the PTs demystify the force and turn it from something that people like Han can be skeptical of, to something that objectively people should believe in because acrobatic space samurai were backflipping 30 feet in the air within living memory by the time ANH comes around. C-3P0 and R2 also become inexplicably linked to multiple main characters, leading to the universe feeling a lot smaller. The PT aren't without merit but they do suffer from the same creative drift that the ST would have much worse.

Actually, the design of Obi-Wan's robes were different from Luke and Owen's even in ANH.

And in the PT the Jedi all have their own customized robes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Or Sergio Leone.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Jerkface posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/eoaxdn/robert_meyer_burnett_reviews_an_early_draft_of/

Reviewing Treverrows script (or an early draft anyways) and it sounds better than TROS but still kinda dumb, but ultimately still better than TROS.

Still flabbergasted that they got handed a force ghost luke that specifically left 1 training lesson from Rey untaught & told Kylo he'd see him around and only used him on his same dumb island to basically walk back TLJ.

How do you gently caress that up, JJ!!!

Kuat shipyards.

Eclipse Class Star Destroyers.

Rey having a Staff-lightsaber she made herself.

A light-blade guillotine.

I'm loving this. It's stupid in fun ways.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTc0T1GRtE

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

That was me, but I don't know if it was in this thread or the other one.

E: here it is:

In addition, while I haven't watched RoS, I have read the spoilers, and thus would reiterate my earlier point that, in the context of the sequels viewed through this mindset, Dry Sheev is Russiagate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Angry Salami posted:

The weird thing is the 'sold into slavery' bit is entirely a TLJ invention - Rey in TFA doesn't seem to be a slave; she's an independent scavenger who just comes into town when she needs to sell parts for supplies. But then RoS keeps the slavery detail, even though it wants to rewrite everything about TLJ, so we end up with the completely incoherent explanation that her loving parents sold her to protect her even though there's no sign in the movie itself that she was sold to anyone...

Okay, they should have used the term sharecropper instead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

No Mods No Masters posted:

No offense, but that really really wasn't the point of the yuuzhan vong. If anything the whole point was that the characters had to get over their preconception of them as purely evil and empathize with/show mercy to them

Yeah, they win by causing a revolt within the lower class among other things.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

Just realized I can't name any of the planets from the sequel trilogy besides jakku and exagol

Hmm, Deep Star 6?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The planet that blew in TFA wasn't Coruscant, it was Trantor.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Barudak posted:

Thats really good, could have tied into a plot about Snoke needing to win quickly because he doesnt actually have the manpower to conquer the entire galaxy at present but instead needs to consolidate gains while the New Republic is scrambling to deal with the aftermath of the explosion of its capital world. Having Leia or her faction surrender would bolster his ability to negotiate so hes trying to grind her specifically down. It would also make a suicide attack seem triumphant in a way audiences might find troubling so its extra good

Or you know whatever, context for characters actions and motivations is a Lucas weakness

My own fan pitch for a third movie back when TLJ came out was a three-way battle between the Republic, the New Order and the Resisance/Rebels.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Double-bladed super-long saber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuUGrtmjQfY

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It's really weird how there is not a town or city next to Maz's bar. It's just in a forest with nothing near it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The flow of time itself has become convoluted.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Expounded Universe is great, especially when they do Sheev impressions for 20 minutes. :colbert:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I don't get those who say RoS should have been two movies. So much of the movie feels pointless and wasted! It was barely one movie!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I still want those scripts from the Lucas vaults.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bring back Cad Bane.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Laser Guillotine just reminds me again of Victory Gundam.

The First Order really are a worse Zanscare. They don't even have cool Bug-eyed mechs or Motorcycle Spaceships that crush everything.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Y-Wings are bombers dammit!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

I hope Waititi gets to do something really out there with the franchise, like a sports drama or something.

The Podracing movie we always wanted.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The story of the original devs and test pilots of the X-Wing, going on the run from the Empire, joining the Rebellion and setting up secret factories.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

Not sure it's as positive as that, I think Incom are just Anaheim Electronics from Gundam, selling to both sides.

Well that's the old version of the story. They might have become Anaheim in the new Canon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Have you... have you seen the pt recently? Because those are major, major words you’re saying

The Prequels are good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

BiggestBatman posted:

Sounds like a less creative yuuzhan vong

Much like Rise of Skywalker was a worse Dark Empire.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Horizon Burning posted:

The Great Disaster will be midichlorians. Like, they didn't exist until someone changed The Force.

Curse those Malkavnians and their Great Pranks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

OctoberCountry posted:

So no one actually has to watch that

It really is just a worse remake of Dark Empire.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I mean, it's not like historically things like that have happened. Not at all no siree.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

You gusy sound like you never heard of the East India Company. Or Commodore Perry.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

They completely wasted Ming the Merciless!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Uatu The Lurker posted:

I don't know that I'd call either of these shots especially pretty, but Kylo's flaming sword is one of the better ST designs.

Has anyone talked about what a weird went-no-where choice it was to turn Anakin's lightsaber into Excalibur yet

poo poo, Zack Snyder should have done the Sequel Trilogy. Motherfucker loves Exaclibur.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Give me more anime beam weapons. Light-battle axe. Light Halberd. Light whip! Light Wind-Fire Wheels!!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I think it was because he crashed Boss Nass' private carboat.

Jar-Jar pre-movies must have been pretty wild, going on drunken joyrides and poo poo.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Max von Sydow died recently. So long, Ming the Merciless. :smith:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Talk to me when a guy brings in a coffin with a laser-gatling in it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ingmar terdman posted:

37 years and two trilogies later we still don't know

A trilogy about nothing.

*seinfeld theme*

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Maybe Dooku just wore contacts to hide the yellow.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Boba gets a pretty good showing in the Clone Wars tv show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

porfiria posted:

Didn't Lucas want to have Han in Revenge of the Sith as a feral Tarzan child living with the Wookies?

Which would actually fit in with Han's original backstory as imagined by Lucas, where Han was kidnapped by Space Gypsies and then rescued and raised by Wookies before joining (and failing out of) the Academy.