Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

we already know what's next for Darth Maul though

Like, what's wrong with including small tie ins to established stuff? Maul's story has come and gone. This probably isn't even meant to hint at a bigger thing, it's just acknowledging stuff outside the films a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean they've been pretty successful and well acclaimed cartoons. Won all kinds of awards. Made their share of money. We're not talking about an obscure EU novel here. It's not unlikely that a number of the kids who watched Rebels would also want to see Solo. And the Disney era has been full of nods like this, there's been a number of references to the cartoons in TFA alone.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ema Nymton posted:

No dialogue. No motivation. No screen time. Maul has always seemed to me like just another example of why the prequels were trash. And now, there's all these young folks saying that he's awesome. I guess I'm just too old.

It's amazing what a story that actually builds his character (as in, gives him one at all) and makes him more than a random villain of the week/movie can do.

I don't understand why people are so against the idea of taking characters who originally had very little and like, actually giving them something to do. Why not fix something and make it better? Use the potential that was originally unrealized?