Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it's kind of like the Ellis Island scene in Godfather II, except everyone who is by themselves now has the same last name.

i dunno, i kind of like the idea that "Solo" is sort of the SW universe's equivalent to, like, "Esposito" in Spanish, a last name you're essentially given if you don't have one

like, it sort of sounds stupid but it's not an idea without real-life precedent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
He literally directly tells Rose that's what he's doing :psyduck: she doesn't believe him at first but the audience is never given any reason to assume he's lying

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
to be honest i have a feeling this is partly because finn is very black, rey is very white, poe is white-passing and also a guy, and disney has all the balls of a gelding horse (and the right wing crowd getting Very Mad about TFA probably didn't help things)

e: also it's amazing that, upon forgetting poe's name, i typed "pilot guy from the new star wars movies" into google and it immediately pulled up the loving wookieepedia page for Poe Dameron

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

I just think it’s funny that Disney basically refuses to design a new spaceship in a franchise about space wars involving spaceships going pew pew blammo

i mean, it makes sense in the context of the new trilogy- the First Order is basically a cargo cult version of the Empire, so of course all their kit is pretty much based off imperial designs, and the Resistance just straight up can't afford new ships and is using old Rebellion gear.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'm not gonna lie, i kind of like the Trevorrow script?

like, it's really weird and goofy, but it's a weird and goofy that fits Star Wars fine.