Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why does Rose love Finn, he sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No Mods No Masters posted:

And vice versa, as well

But Finn doesn't love Rose, he is extremely confused about her. He loves Poe

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Holdo had a plan. Her plan was that no one in the first order would look out the window

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does he mention anything about her appearance at any point?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Leia wasn't a military member until Empire after which she wore military clothing. They put Holdo in a flowing dress because they were trying to evoke something from the previous films they failed to understand. She could very well be a civilian leader in charge of the fleet though, that could have been more interesting.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Asgerd posted:

I just can't get over the moral of Poe's story being "just shut up and do as you're told, don't ask questions, your bosses know what they're doing and you have no right to an explanation".

The moral to his character arc is "don't be a hero", which is also the moral to Finn's character arc. It's also the moral that all of Leia's contacts seem to abide by since none of them decide to be a hero and show up. Rose goes into a coma to stop Finn from being a hero, her dying words are essentially "don't be a hero". Holdo is a hero and dies. Luke says don't be a hero and then decides to be one one last time and immediately dies.

TLJ is so nihilistic and centrist. Don't be a hero, just follow orders. Things are bad just try and hold out for later. Don't fight the things you hate.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rose Tico would tackle that guy about to punch Richard Spencer and tell him to fight for things he loves, don't punch Nazis

Finn it is wrong to sacrifice your life so that your friends can escape, you have to fight for things you love

Luke: *sacrifices his life so his friends can escape*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Asgerd posted:

Holdo's home planet genuinely sounds like it was made up by chuds making a parody of "woke identity politics".

Of course they loved austerity

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

euphronius posted:

That’s a strange criticism

She’s by definition superior to her subordinates

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Asgerd posted:

Palpatine was in charge of the galaxy and outranked everyone, so why didn't the rebels just do what he told them? :confused:

He didn't relay it properly through the chain of command. And couldn't.

It's Palpatine -> Tarkin -> Ozzle -> Antilles -> Leia -> and so on.

Tarkin can't just tell Leia to do something, by the start of Empire those first three links are gone so command breaks down

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the movie is supposed to take place like 10 minutes after the end of the last one, so Holdo is a resistance admiral who was fortunatete not to be in the fleet as it was destroyed by the super death star in the first one who must have recently joined the rest of the remaining fleet

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 19, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Too scared to do anything because of that superweapon

What? The people who are asking us to join destroyed that superweapon? It's just regular ships now?

Eh well let's see how this plays out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wild Horses posted:

you're right, it was actually attempted murder

Wrong your honor, if my client draws his weapon in the heat of passion, but hesitates and makes the decision not to kill the so called "victim" intent is not present. He can only be charged with endangerment, and assault.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The thing about Luke is I don't believe he would ever start a Jedi academy in the first place, even though that's the premise of most supplementary books. He threw his lightsaber away in RotJ.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mastershakeman posted:

Nah, at best they'd wipe out those first order ships locally but the FO controlled the entire galaxy . Who even died after the laser knocked down the door? No one that I can recall

And after they make that tiny hole in the door Finn has enough time to drag Rose's lifeless body full of cuts 3 miles over salt, through the tiny hole, and to the escape route before the first order manages to waltz through. I guess Luke distracted Ren for roughly 45 minutes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FlamingLiberal posted:

That’s so immensely stupid that it’s exactly what they are going to do

“Wait, so then why did you kill your father?”

“Uhhhhhh.....”

Cause he hosed my daughter, he was never good enough for her
- Ani

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CharlestonJew posted:

he murdered my best friend in the entire galaxy, Greedo

It's funny because they actually were childhood friends in a deleted scene from Phantom Menace(well frenemies, they got in scuffles). George Lucas was smart enough to delete this scene because it made the world too small(don't give him too much credit obviously, given C3P0). Whoever made Rogue One did not have that level of restraint

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brother Entropy posted:

i had to look these names up which tells me it's not really worth caring about

They aren't, which is why it was dumb for them to be put in the movie. As dumb as a scene where Greedo and Anakin get into a fight and somebody says "One day your aggressive attitude will be the death of you little Greedo, I swear". George Lucas actually filmed that scene, which is bonkers, but cut it because it went a little too far even for him

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Horizon Burning posted:

No, no, answer the question. If I put on a fancy suit and adopt a bad Italian accent when I go out to rob a bank, does this make me a member of the Mafia?

Yeah they find you at your hideout after and say "You wonna of us now kiddo! Let's a all go anna get some pizza pie!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It turns out the emperor survived falling down that shaft, ok so you fight him and you fall down the shaft and then you die forever

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yoda is high as gently caress in that scene though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cloud lightning is a Cleric spell so it's cool

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I heard from YouTube in the reshoots they've replaced Rose from Star Wars with Rose from Golden Girls, she's playing the original Roses meemaw

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's Bea Arthur, that isn't Dorothy Zbornak. If she's anyone she's Maude Findlay

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Have Kylo and Rey see Anakin at the same time. Rey sees Hayden Christiansen and Kylo sees Darth Vader voiced by Jones.

You see a force ghost how you want to see it. Kylo wants to see Vader because of his obsession with the legacy of darkness and Rey wants to see Hayden because she mad horny

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Luke: Why did you tell me Vader killed my father?
Obi-Wan: Yeah that's my bad

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

One thing TLJ explicitly got right: Nien Nunb survived. Gotta love that guy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Terror Sweat posted:

And furthermore, why did time travel 200 years after he was born change an Indian ubermensch from a suave South American with amazing hair into a pasty British dude with normal hair

Kirk's interaction with the Guardian of Forever resulted in Khan's specific augments having been chosen into that configuration, but in the Kelvin Universe Khan was woken up before Kirk had done that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Spock: I know you said but to call you with questions because of time reasons but this is really important
Spock: What the gently caress? I'm in the movie now?
Spock: Yeah did you ever see Wrath of Kahn? What happens in Wrath of Kahn?
Spock: Christ

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Terror Sweat posted:

So the original Indian ubermensch is a British guy? That's insanely hosed up, like having the prototypical native American be a white guy from Boston

Well his parents were collaborators with the British occupation probably I don't know I'm not gene Roseberry

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The United States posted:

Cumberbatch was clearly intended to be Joachim, he even looks like him, and Khan was going to be someone else in the background set up as a future villain (probably why they were trying to get Benicio Del Toro: to continue the fine tradition of casting actors from Mexico with fabulous hair as Khan), but at some point someone said gently caress it and just made Dr. Strange into Khan.

Funny story, this guy (who practically steals every scene he's in) isn't credited in the movie because his agent tried to pull some "His name's on the poster or his name isn't on the film at all!!!" power move

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He probably just dropped the script under the bed and didn't see it when he was packing, these actors have tight schedules

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The difference between minimalist theatre and what Ian McKellen had to deal with on the Hobbit is he's in this small space surrounded by electronics and lights with people bustling around, a director barking orders, a tennis ball being shoved in his face

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Weird that he's loving princess Leia's mom in that one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

weekly font posted:

At least a DM would have the main characters in a room together more than once.

Nah, the DM would try but the players would keep getting dumb ideas and splitting the party, so TLJ still fits the formula

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every Chinese person I've interacted with has had nothing against black people. They've had racist ideas about them but not any negative feelings. A lot of "Oh my God wow his skin is so dark wow how could that be possible!" And "Can I touch his hair" and that kind of thing but no direct malice or dislike

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mat Cauthon posted:

According to the leaks Rey inherits/manifests a bunch of dark side abilities through her connection to Palpatine, including shooting lightning and manipulating lifeforce (i.e healing people).

Isn't healing a power Ben uses on Luke after he gets ambushed by Tusken Raiders?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mastershakeman posted:

Lmao. I forgot thanks. They literally put this scene in tge tv show for nerds to have canon for Rey doing it

Obi Wan does it the first time you see him

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trevorrow Never Dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sheev: She's strong with the force
Everybody has matching powers