Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Solo, I don’t have high hopes for, but Woody seems fun.

That said, I’d love to see the internet’s reaction to ESB bullet spoilers

-han saves luke’s life by stealing his saber to cut up an animal and put luke in its guts for warmth
-tripping the imperial tanks makes their armor worthless
-turns out the funny sodekick is the worlds freatest jedi
-vader is luke’s dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mandrel posted:

https://youtu.be/no4SxdIIDBE

here’s that Maul final Real death from the cartoon which i guess takes place right before ANH. i’ve never watched any of the cartoons beyond a few scenes and maintain bringing him back with loving robot legs and an evil big brother was the dumbest poo poo but this is a pretty cool low-key scene with some nice characterization for both maul and obi-wan. it’s pretty cool how obi-wan switches to qui gon’s stance to bait maul into going for that same move then finishes him in one blow

if the intention of bringing Maul back in the movies is to set him up for more Solo movies or for a Kenobi movie it kind of makes this weird though, because from what I can tell they pretty much mined Maul pretty thoroughly across that span of time and it doesn’t seem like he’s seen Kenobi since the Clone Wars so

idk, whatever. i’ll probably still mark out seeing ray park on screen in the makeup again

This is the first I’ve seen of cartoon Maul but I like him thinking the chosen one will avenge the Sith. He didn’t get much in TPM but he does come off as the only True Believer dark side guy we’ve seen.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Well that is a disappointment

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The RotS novel talks about Anakin and Obi-Wan’s clone war adventures being broadcast all over in what I assume to be space ww2 news reels. Idk if that’s canon now though.

It’s almost as if this was not all planned out in before ‘77.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People say Phasma was wasted because people love Gwendoline Christie and Brienne of Tarth. And yeah paying her to do gently caress all is kind of a waste.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Rey never showed romantic interest in Finn

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I really wish Han had died in the falcon and they were both gone.

It could make a great Chewie moment even. Have him sit out a flight for some reason and that’s when Han finally gets blown up. Then Chewie goes berserk with rage and guilt. Have him rip off a trooper’s arm, or even have him jump in a fighter and tear poo poo up, showing he’s a badass pilot in his own right.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
To be fair there was extremely little pew pew spaceship blammo in the prequels

Disney has given us our dose of peeeeew pewpewpew nnnnnneeeeeiiiiiiiirrrrggggggh x wings tie fighters nreeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugy *bzzzzt zt*

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 19, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Wild Horses posted:

End battle in ep1, jango chase and geonosis battle in 2 and opening battle in 3

Also notably new, unique designs in every single one of those battles.

I will not go to bat for the prequels, but one thing they legit did well is new spaceship designs. They are all pretty awesome.

They are even more awesome in the wake of the sequels’ “what if X-wing but... X-wing?”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mezzanine posted:

Vibro-(knives, axes, etc) have been a thing for a long time in SW lore, just not on film. I assumed that's what they were. Like, a step down from lightsabers but better than plain old sharp-bladed stuff because it can cut through metal or armor or whatever.

cortosis weave can block lightsabers. why does no one use this? unknown.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In the EU, the conehead jedi gets gently caress vacations back to his home planet because his species is dying out and they need all the boning they can get.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Dumb question I got bc we're youtubing star war scenes before going to see the probably disappointing new one in a few hours.

Did Lucas or anyone ever actually clarify why Sheev goes from Ian McDiarmid to the melty grandma we know and love?

Some people say he got melted by Mace Windu deflecting his lightning and others say he was using dark side magic to hide his true form.

I always thought it was the former because frankly it seems like being Ian McDiarmid would still work as Emperor. Senator Sheev was not just a master manipulator but very charismatic and photogenic. The man gave a drat good speech and his wise nice grandpa look certainly helped his shtick. The Galactic Empire seems like it'd be even more stable with a publicly adored emperor who maintains the nice grandpa thing.

I guess being all melty helps garner sympathy but if he's a master dark side illusionist it seems like he'd have other ways to do that. Bodily scars, tamper with security footage, get a robo hand, I dunno. Anything but doing a 180 from what he was to being a gross cackling monster in a hooded robe.

I guess the dark side canonically turns everyone into gross cackling monsters in hooded robes so I'd buy that, but him just putting on the Ian McDiarmid face for decades and then deciding to stop seems dumb.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Solo was better than I expected tbh.

And it had by faaaaaar the best alien designs of any Disney Star War

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah. Lucas had him cut in half specifically so that people wouldn't bring him back.

Lucas oversaw the show that brought him back

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Groovelord Neato posted:

that was "the design was bad even to a lame teenager".

The design was badass to me when I was 7, and was badass to my dad who watched the original trilogy in theatres, and by all accounts the character is popular. As in, the only prequel character you can meet at disney world popular.

It might just be that teenagers are dumbass douchey contrarians and citing your teenage opinions makes you sound stupid as all gently caress

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CelticPredator posted:

You can’t meet Darth Maul at Disneyworld. You can meet Kylo, Rey, Chewie and Vader tho

Chewie, Kylo, and BB-8 were at the official meet n greet when I was there, but Maul is among the characters that appear on stage at events that you can catch after, take pictures with, etc

I was wrong though because I think clone troopers have the same gig

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I legit believe there will be a Maul movie within the next decade unless he gets a bunch of backstory in the Kenobi movie.

More McGregor as Kenobi is a dumb spinoff I’m actually looking forward to, to be fair

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I always liked the nerd headcanon idea of having Dooku be a Jedi in I, and having Maul and Grievous be the same person. The prequels suffer from not having consistent villains. You've got Sheev but the good guys don't know about him so he feels different from a proper villain like Vader.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Honestly I'd get hyped for Chewbacca: A Star Wars Story

What was he up to on Kashyyk that got him involved with Yoda? Is he wookie nobility? How did his race get enslaved? Does his prequel-era sympathy for jedi like Yoda lead him to chat with and sympathize with Obi-Wan at the cantina? What does he really think of Han and friends? Does he hate Ben or want to redeem him like Han wanted to?

He's legit interesting and I think he's beloved enough to carry a story even without subtitles if the supporting cast is decent.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Maybe reddit nerds will stop hating on the idea of trigger warnings if they get catered to.

Triggers: sexual assault, war and bloodshed, JJ Abrams sci fi reboots

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Infinity War 2 will be bigger, obviously. In fact, there are several movies in 2019 which I think will potentially be bigger than Episode IX. Captain Marvel, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2 and Lion King at least. In any event it will be difficult to bounce back from the one-two punch of TLJ disappointing and being divisive and Solo bombing like Sir Arthur Harris.

So Disney is going to own every top five film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I think those people were pushing for her to be a granddaughter