Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spacetoaster posted:

Have there been any "trustworthy" leaks on the episode 9 story? Is there any decent hypothesis on what'll happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU_7Ieg6ft8&t=208s

Everybody dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

One thing I've heard about IX is that Greg Grunberg might be in it again which, if true, I suppose would tend to confirm that the Resistance in the Millennium Falcon at the end of TLJ wasn't the entire Resistance.

He’s going to be in it because Abrams is directing again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

dentist toy box posted:

I finally watched solo at the 2.50$ theater. I'm probably never gonna watch it again but it was fun enough. Definitely the worst of the new films though

It was better than TFA and TLJ imo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Top Gun posted:

I actually think solo is a better movie than TLJ. Actually both it and Roue One are better than the main “sequel trilogy”

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Preston Waters posted:

He's not the focus of the story. Sorry you can't deal with this and have to act like a tool though.

Nice meltdown

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NotJustANumber99 posted:

In the last jedi when snoke force drags hux around on the floor for being useless, he is only there as a hologram, so is this a new thing or has it happened before?

I can't remember in the old films does Vader choke someone over the holograms? Maybe he does but that would still be on one of the empire/first orders ships so my theory is that the jedi/sith can work kind of like a mesh network so as long as there is a jedi somewhere or other you can just hologram in and use their physical presence to do jedi stuff. This leads me to believe that snoke, and possibly the emperor before him, installed like lobotomized but alive defeated jedi in the command bridges of all their ships for the purpose of forcing about any commanders that might displease them.

Vader force chokes Admiral Ozzel not through hologram but on a video feed from Executor to Ozzel's Star Destroyer in ESB

E:F,B

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Preston Waters posted:

If only everyone had the brain of a small child who likes backflips and poopy jokes

Don't sign your posts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This movie sounds like loving poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

KOTOR 1/2 can be canon because they take place so long before the movies that it doesn't even matter. Canon is bullshit anyway

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I hesitate to call the prequels "good" but they're absolutely more ambitious and more thematically interesting and coherent than the sequels

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

By all accounts, there’s one at the end, and it’s constantly cut with Rey vs. Grampa. It ends with the Empire ships blowing up because Sheev died.

So basically it doesn't even matter lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SolarFire2 posted:

If they really wanted to please fans, the last scene in the movie would be a de-aged Luke Skywalker waking up and saying, "What a horrible nightmare." He then walks to the teachers lounge at the Jedi academy and tells Kyle Katarn he had this dream where nothing he did mattered and he and all his friends died as bitter old failures.

Luke wakes up and walks into the bathroom where Mara Jade is taking a shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Star Wars