Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Movie was kinda fun? I was expecting more western and less fan service but gently caress it if you’re going the fan service route then go all out and bring Darth loving Maul is definitely the way to go. I recognized the voice immediately (and the robo legs) so that was fun.

Lando movie loving robots across the galaxy when???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

General Dog posted:

Republic and First Order fight to a stalemate in the decade following the events of TLJ and end up signing a peace treaty. First Order gets to hold onto the systems that it currently occupies (about 30% of the galaxy), but agrees to limits on the size of its fleet and standing army, and to dismantle its Death Star Tech programs. In exchange for honoring those terms, and for signing off on a galactic declaration of rights for sentient beings, it will receive food and aid money from the Republic for its poorest planets. However the Republic lacks the personnel to really make sure the First Order is honoring the rights declaration, so the peace treaty has a lot of critics. Then at the end aliens from another galaxy invade, setting up the next trilogy. Rey and Kylo get married and kiss each other on the mouth.

Oh cool I love that the *googles* Yuuzan Vong are going to be canon again!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Darth Vader fucks

kidkissinger posted:

Anakin hosed once, Vader does not gently caress. It's canon that his peeper got burned off in the lava

Vader absolutely fucks

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

When are we gonna get a blue trooper? smdh

Sith Troopers Red and Blue.

Shock Troopers Silver and Gold

Combat Troopers Ruby and Sapphire

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I looked up the video and the rare black crystal doesn’t actually change the color or sound of the blade it’s literally just a cosmetic thing that you never see once you put the saber together.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All this talk about time travel and i have to ask: didn’t Star Wars Rebels (which is canon, I think?) already used time travel / Jedi timespace fuckery to save Ashoka?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

overmind2000 posted:

He's currently residing in the ADTRW Evangelion thread

Oh my god SMG tackling Evangelion now this I have to read.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

General Dog posted:

The main argument over the destruction of the Death Star being a cataclysmic event for Endor is that everyone at the end of the movie is just partying and no one seems to have much sense of urgency about leaving.

Also doesn't Endor have oceans, just from what we see of it?

All planets in Star Wars are single biomes like a bad space game’s proc gen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Gwendoline Christie sports both a wide emotional range and a physical prowess that makes her stand out among actresses.

I have no idea why she was cast in that role.

They really did her dirty. Casting someone as good as her for a boba fett role (looks cool, gets owned) is a drat shame.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Captain Splendid posted:

This is the Starhawk:

This is literally Freespace 2’s Colossus.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope Palpatine’s return is incredibly boring and to the point. “Oh I had a cloning facility with a backup of my mind which would activate if I ever died. Actually I had a ton of them, surprise bitch there’s a dozen Palpatines now” and then all the red with troopers remove their mask and they’re all Palpatine and we get burly brawl 2.0 but with lightsabers this time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

Rey is the Triple H of the Star Wars universe.

Palpatine as Undertaker fits quite well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Star Wars is good again

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1162153254278447105?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Szmitten posted:

The first line will be "Hello there."

Whether in the TV show or in whatever preview they do.

If it isn’t then why are they even bothering with it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

High Lord Elbow posted:

Because five minutes later goons will begin bitching about fanservice.

Buddy if you think it’s going to take us five minute to get started you haven’t been here long.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Those spoilers are doing a better job at hyping me about this train wreck than any trailer has.

Bring on Matt Smith hamming it up. I’m loving ready.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kylo and Rey fighting across the entire series of films is poetry.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thepokey posted:

If that's true, then drat Sheev REALLY believes in this Death Star plan. He's like a sports coach whose game plan won him one game at team 1 then totally failed after that once opposition coaches figured it out. But he gets picked up by 2 more teams and tries to implement the exact same game plan with both of them while constantly getting hammered.

Palpatine is.... Rex Ryan???

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

exmarx posted:

PALPATINE: by the way, i was behind snoke

Where’d you find the script?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Preston Waters posted:

haven't read poo poo about the Senate

where'd you see this?

lmao look at this goof

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vinylshadow posted:

Star Wars: But It's Just Three Hours of Ian McDiarmid Laughing

When does ticket pre-order begins?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

People are saying that the video shown at that con confirms a bunch of leaks that got posted, including this ending stuff:

Its more like tearing up space but that stuff doesn't show up until the end of the movie during the final fight between Rey and Kylo Ren and its mostly happening because of Palpatine's spirit. Rey manages to hack Palpatine's power to do what he does like how she hacked into Kylo Ren in the first movie. She's like a sponge. The characters clash on the ruins of the Death Star but every time their lightsabers touch it sends them to a different moment in history on a different planet, like how Rey got swooped into those realistic visions in Force Awakens when she touched Luke's lightsaber. The end result is a "happy ending".

Kylo Ren and Rey clash for the last time. During the clash they keep shifting through time. Palpatine is becoming more powerful but so is Rey. Rey with the help of a struggling Kylo Ren is able to subdue Palpatine by creating a tear in the Force sucking him and Kylo in a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But Rey refuses to let him die so she uses her newfound ability to alter space and time to change destroy Palpatine's spirit itself which causes countless of moments and planets to flash before Rey and the film ends with a narration telling the story of Luke which clips showing where the characters are now in some kind of epilogue. Showing Finn living on his homeplanet with his family, Leia and Han holding each other while looking over a balcony, Luke looking over the horizon and looks back to see a large cone-shaped building behind him and Rey is on Tatooine at Luke's old home walking towards the double sunset and looks at it the same way Luke did. She's then joined by Kylo Ren who puts his arm around her shoulder and the film irises out

lol

this is bad

Almost Blue posted:

So the reason why the Emperor looks so odd and plastic on the poster is because it's actually just a picture of a toy:

this is real good in a disney sort of way.

to sell toys indeeds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Here’s the reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It just hit me that the shot of Rey/Kylo fighting mirrors Obi-Wan/Anakin’s Mustafar fight but it’s water instead of lava.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AlternateAccount posted:

This is so relentlessly goofy. It actually gives me the giggles it's so bad.

The problem is the saber portion is obviously a prop so it has more weight and momentum and it’s throwing the whole movement off because only the hilt should have weight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You idiots there’s not going to be time travel in Star Wars. Not now not ever.

Now force travel? Baby get ready for it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn’t one of the storyboard leaks mentioned an “evil” C-3PO that got uploaded some combat poo poo?

teagone posted:

Some folks on reddit think Dark Side Rey is a clone. Lol.

LMAO if Episode 9 just straight up copies The Force Unleashed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sigher posted:

It's incredible that after all these decades, ILM has finally figured out the magic of a spring loaded mechanism that locks.

Also, :lol: they bragged about the bread!?

The bread being a practical effect was pretty drat cool.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gonz posted:

I hope they put the Triple Zero personality in Threepio.

Do it, cowards.

Hell yeah buddy Triple Zero rules.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

C3PO with the bolt caster is super cool and not dumb at all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It sounds like a complete ripoff of ROTJ which means it’s probably 100% true.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I hope it’s extremely real and the film really does end with CGI Carrie Fisher beating the emperor because gently caress the new characters lol.

It's basically Gohan vs Cell except instead of ghost Goku we have Ghost Luke & Leia.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ticket preorders are up. Get hype for a bad movie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hazo posted:

Bless your heart

Was the EU just some loving Wild West where writers could do absolutely whatever the gently caress they wanted?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I liked everything that was in that old Saturn or Dreamcast game Masters or Teras Kasi which i think was a forbidden martial arts that could take on the Jedi.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So what I’m hearing is that Disney needs to bring those plant aliens that invade the galaxy and kill Chewbacca to reset the board.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheBuilder posted:

New image just leaked on Reddit/4chan about an hour ago:

https://i.redd.it/21wa7alb05u31.png

This isn’t even the best leak of today

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also a 1981 McQuirre sketch from ROTJ

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gonz posted:

Look at how happy that jolly bastard is!

Honestly at this point seeing him / Matt Smith chew scenery is what I’m paying a ticket for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In a surprising twist Matt Smith is playing Skynet again in this movie.