Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
Among the several things I didn't get about the transport scene was the way they just cut to Chewie meekly trudging along with his hands cuffed, shoulders slumped. Like I'm supposed to buy that he just kind of put his hands up and resigned himself to captivity, instead of flipping out and murdering several stormtroopers bare handed until he had to be put down by force and dragged onto the ship. Even if you ignore Solo, it's long established that the guy watched the Empire enslave his entire planet, and was himself a slave for however long, but there he is just being led off in handcuffs without any further struggle. I don't even know why that specifically stood out to me so much, when it's just one bizarre scene among many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
will never not get irrationally angry at centrist chewie

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
Admittedly, I only saw the movie the one time, so I might be completely misremembering, but wasn't it shown at the very end that several of them already had made it to other locations? Like there were cuts to the SSDs exploding over other planets just to really hammer in the "No really this time it's ALL OVER when the emperor dies"? So were those other ships just kind of..hanging out there and not destroying their assigned planet? Because with the entire Lando fleet at Exegol there wouldn't really have been anything stopping them. Trying to remember any details hurts.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
I guess a strategy of shooting the giant hanging dongs on the undersides of the destroyers wouldn't be too much different from the previously established method of easily destroying capital ships by flying up really close and blasting the tiny little command bridge a few times.

As a Huge Old Nerd, back when TFA first came out I can remember getting into a petty nerd huff over how that film seemed to play so fast and loose with travel time and the mechanics of hyperspace. All my Star Wars RPG material, now completely contradicted! So then in this one they introduce light speed skipping, as a direct and personal attack to me, specifically.

VoidTek fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 3, 2020

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
Not going to read a single other thing from that script, but Hux being a huge weeb for the Force is now canon, to me. Just standing behind his superior officer clenching his fingers and muttering "force choke force choke force choke..." under his breath, then snapping back to attention when the guy turns around.