Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This might be my least favorite numbered Star Wars. It felt soul less and the pace/editing in the first act was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What was the crowd like at everyone’s showing? I saw it the first night and the crowd was mostly silent the whole film. (Except during the opening crawl and at the end.) I’ve never seen a crowd for a new Star Wars film that silent.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

So Rey's grandfather is Kylo's great grandfather. Kind of makes that kiss awkward.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Palpatine’s not actually Anakin’s dad though, right?

He is as of a year ago.
https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2018/12/20/star-wars-comic-anakin-father/

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

When did Disney lose creativity? The alien and general art design of the ST was bad. You’d think Lucas Film being bought by a company that used to be known for creativity wouldn’t lead to this.

We need a new alien, how should we design it? Give it 2 arms, 2 legs, and squish it’s face.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Just Chamber posted:

People always say oh after TLJ JJ could have done this or that, that there were so many threads left for him to latch onto conveniently forgetting that Rian made a film that answered zero questions from TFA and essentially made a film that just spun its wheels to nowhere. There was no good jumping off point set up in TLJ. They're both just loving awful writers but good directors. This film felt super rushed but I still think JJ is a good director he just shouldn't be near the script.

I wouldn't say 0 threads based on finding out what Luke was doing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wish we lived in a universe where somehow Adam Driver played Anakin in a prequel series with better dialogue.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah. I was disappointed to see them canning the Obi Wan film but this will probably be better.

I just hope they make the episodes around an hour long each.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Disney sees the OT as a neverending well that they can keep dipping into. They are right so long as people reward them by giving them money.

I wish they'd do this with PT era and give us a buddy cop style live action Jedi show.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Why did the Emperor hide Vader's identity instead of going in front of the Senate again to be like look what the Jedi did now? It would have been better propaganda that they attacked the attractive war hero and maimed him just like they did Palpy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Vinylshadow posted:

Return of the Jedi has joined Star Wars (1989) and Empire Strikes Back (2010) on the National Film Registry

Also some absolute mad lad is restoring The Holiday Special to 4k60FPS

This trailer was great.