Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Does R2D2 die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

guess all of the PR about loving Rian Johnson's movie was horseshit huh. Behind the scenes they were scrambling to undo everything he tried for lol

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

It's not about being a jedi it's about being The Chosen One.

Yoda is a support character who exists to help Luke, The Chosen One. Same with obi wan etc.

I didn't like TLJ but the core theme of bringing it back to truly humble origins was something that worked. It's incredibly funny that they chucked it all in the bin

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

He was just a "too evil even for Darth Vader" villain in ROTJ. The lovely prequels ruined him

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

nemesis_hub posted:

The vindication of Lucas and the Chad prequel-likers couldn’t have happened in a funnier way.

No you delusional weirdos are still bottom of the pile. Sorry.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

This poster is a huge fan of Artifact: The DOTA Trading Card Game.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Davros1 posted:

I'll watch any of the prequels over TFA.

Thank you for your input, man with a Doctor Who avatar.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Rewatching the phantom menace recently made me realize I like this movie more than the sequel trilogy plus spin offs lol. Wild. Some annoying parts but drat at least it went somewhere. The sequel trilogy I still have no idea who or why the first order is a thing

Interesting. Your brain doesn't work right. Whenever a thought forms in that rats nest it loses it's way, before spilling out of your gaping mouth twisted and deformed, embarrassing everyone in the vicinity on your behalf.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

cuntman.net posted:

the worst prequel is better than all the sequels combined

COunterpoint: shut up. Shut the gently caress up you god damned idiot.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

It's actually cool and good to call people stupid for liking bad things.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

the prequels do not have "unique visual imagery"

if that's true then the bold and the beautiful is also a visual marvel. You are a culturally limited dweeb if you believe there is anything creative about the visuals in the loving phantom menace. gently caress you.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Wow who would have thought that the sequel likers are toxic. Maybe you should chill out.

I know you think acting like a chill guy who just happens to like incredibly bad things that everyone rightly hates makes you like you're owning and winning but you're actually just a poo poo head.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I said come in! posted:

lol, this is maybe a bit aggressive to act towards discussion about Star Wars, and movies in general.

You guys all post in the same mildly sarcastic register. It's boring. Try using a lot of swear words and insults some time I recommend it.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

They’re just movies dude
Stop quoting me if you're just going to act as if knowing this makes you special.

Yes they're just movies. I still think you're really stupid for liking them.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Just so we are clear, I hate everything Star Wars but A New Hope and feel that is the only film in this cursed IP that should exist.

I think the title "a new hope" is bad and still call it "Star Wars" but i'm not going to get mad if you want to call it "A new hope"

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Retconning the title of "Star Wars" was the very first sign of the rot that would consume the franchise.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes, and that is why it surprised me more that he hyped them up again in interviews, while knowing the whole time that they don't do anything in TROS.

But then again, this is the guy who denied that Benedict Cumberbatch was playing Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness.

There were extensive reshoots so maybe they were a thing and disney execs killed them

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Quantum Shart posted:

Hahaahaah remember how Chewie and c3po died only WOOOOOPS no they didn't loving lol

I can't get anyone to explain clearly what happens here, can you just post it please?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

galagazombie posted:

The ship Chewie's on explodes and everyones sad, only it turns out he was actually on a completely different identical ship.
Threepio needs to translate an ancient Sith inscription but can't unless they reformat his hard drive, only it turns out Artoo just made a back up of him in case of this so he immediately comes back.
Lol. Thank you.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Is Rose Tico even in the movie for longer than 3 seconds?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Kelly Marie Tran is Vietnamese I thought?

You are beginning to grasp the depths of Disney executive stupidity.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

lmao they reveal palpatine is back in the OPENING CRAWL?

The Opening Crawl posted:

The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.

GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.

Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power…

This is so bad

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

General Dog posted:

I didn’t really read much romantic tension between them in the first movie. They act more like kids who are each other’s first friend at school.

No really. Go watch TFA again. THere's even a scene where old man Han smirks about Finns boyish crush and offers advice on how to woo her. It's really, REALLY obvious.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

So what's the explanation for a rebel fleet that blots out the sun after the Resistance was proven hugely unpopular in TLJ?

There is no explanation.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

^^^Morons above

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

How was the OT interested in politics/history?

The PT, sure. But JJ rightly wanted to ignore those as much as he could.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Barudak posted:

The OT does enough work to establish things like: The Empire had a senate but moved to a true empire, the rebellion is closely aligned with the senate, the Empire does not have complete control of the universe nor is it culturally supported only through military means can it maintain power, independent worlds have considerable leeway and the Empire isnt all powerful, the heroes are fighting for a return to republicansim as a form of government, the previous republic was not free of military conflict, etc.

Basically you get exactly enough background to make episodes 4-6 intuitively make sense as to what each side wants, their limitations, and their sources of funding and strength. In the sequel trilogy apparently the capital planet getting blown up means the new republic stopped existing because.........?

Oh right you mean in the sense of coming up with a plausible backstory for the conflict. Yeah it's ridiculous how the first order just kind of exist and have enough resources to destroy suns because [insert reason]

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

All I want out of this are a bunch of sobbing reactions from sad, upset fans. I'm not getting enough of that.

Check out /r/starwars

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Some people like star wars some people hate it

Pollyanna: What does it mean? WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I hated that scene because the CG was so bad it genuinely looked like a video game. Like I'm not saying that as a "lol video game" thing, I mean it legitimately looked like a cutscene from Fallen Order.