Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

General Dog posted:

There’s no way Avengers isn’t going to have a Star Wars trailer in front of it.

It's actually kind of stunning we don't have Marvelfest yet or some similar Celebration bullshit though maybe that's just Comic Con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Those comics really reinforce the theory that Star Wars fans hate Star Wars.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Well, and Star Wars fans too, apparently.

This is much more understandable though.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cross-Section posted:

Making Star Wars (via patreon-exclusive podcast) is saying that Han is Rey's daddy, who had her when he was estranged from Leia. Kylo (and apparently Lando??) knows but nobody else does.

Imagine I’m making a fart noise with my mouth but forever.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

All this stuff I'm hearing is dumb as poo poo but honestly I'd rather a complete fiasco than another boring, forgettable bar band cover of an OT movie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I don’t even blame JJ for this. Kevin Feige will go down as whatever the cigar chomping Hollywood bigwig generational talent is. No one but him seemingly can make these long connected franchises work. It’s just the most sad with Star Wars because I’d rather have movies I’ll never forget for the wrong reasons like the prequel then the totally forgettable messes we’ve gotten so far that really stink of studio mishandling.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The worst part is Star War 9 isn’t going to be bad, it’s going to be Transformers 4 level of you forget it as you’re watching it. Give me a memorable piece of poo poo over that any day.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Prequel rear end poo poo all over this movie mixed with JJ spiritual remake stuff like getting a race of forest weirdos to help you beat the Empire. That summary seems to have 3 different times when some rando shows up to save our goof troop?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I hate that idea and it never should have made it beyond spitballing but Matt Smith is a good pick for that stupid role

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dark Rey is obviously a vision but I’ve tried and tried to come up with a way that it isn’t and doesn’t suck and all I got is that she was a Knight of Ren and has no memory of it for reasons.

Those spoilers are going to be as real as the GoT ones posted months before the finale that everyone desperately wanted to be false but were spot on.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It’ll work if it’s a Kylo vision since they’re gonna tease a face/heel double turn most of the movie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’m on board with the TLJ stuff but Strongly? I’ve never thought Luke was drugged. Where does that come from?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Literally every leak sounds terrible.

I don't super believe this one though because it entirely ignores Doctor Who guy as Palpatine.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

euphronius posted:

It has time travel and multiple universes and no one can figure out what a main character was doing or did.

I can't wait to be dead

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

There's 0 chance Ben Solo just drives to the border of movietown never to be seen again.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

These are all dumb enough to be JJ but everyone knows the only truly successful character in this whole dumb trilogy is Kylo and him getting unceremoniously Boba Fett'd feels a lot like a tell it's spoilers + fan fic. Plus they just bounce around and meet people like it's a fuckin' tabletop roleplaying game and you'd need way more time than that unless everything is shot walk and talk Sorkin style oh god i've put it out there it's real now

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Zoran posted:

The MNF game day thread for the TFA trailer was magical

Oh my gently caress I forgot all about this lmao

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Teek posted:

Hmm, the Reddit/Bespin Bulletin spoiler provider has provided a lot more spoilers which serve to backtrack on quite a few things. All changes made through the “reshoots”. In my opinion, way more poo poo than what could actually be done in reshoots. Strikes me as just bullshit to bring it more in line with other more official stuff that has been coming out from merch. Meaning the big recent story outlines have been largely fake the whole time, just some extrapolating from real info that’s been released from trailers, merch and pictures and from some other older spoilers.

This happens for so many big releases now and I don’t understand what would make someone waste that much time and try to pass it off as legit. Attention? If it was like a “here are my predictions” it’d be one thing but I heard somewhere that the internet makes you stupid.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

My uncle who works at Disney told me that Ben Solo will become a master of the Teras Kasi to defeat Darth Sidious and then kiss Rey on the lips.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

does anyone care at this point? beyond longing for the sweet embrace of it to just be over

i appreciate a good mercy killing

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Me to unoriginal hack JJ Abrams who is gonna botch this movie so hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anALWMR860s

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Timby posted:

The general moviegoing public doesn't give a poo poo about that and probably never heard anything about it.

Sort of - it's part of why advertising for Solo didn't start until like a month out.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It seems pretty clear post-Skywalkers there will be some movies but for the most part Star Wars as a brand will be their streaming platform's "prestige" TV.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like having kylo run the empire for a year kinda robs him of what thin goodboy momentum he had remaining, which was really propped up by the films taking place over two days. But sure, whatever, guess he's goodboy now

Which makes his death of falling down Springfield Gorge even dumber

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So who the gently caress is Matt Smith? Is he rejuvenated Sheev since McDiarmid is pretty old?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

euphronius posted:

Mcdiarmid is only 75

Certainly old enough to be old and injured and ham it up but if he eats Ren's force soul or whatever and then is in a big fight I could maybe see them switching out? Either way it's just weird his casting was so hyped and secretive for it to be a nothing character.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Or matt smith just got completely edited/reshot out of the movie. Turns out adding a bunch of new characters isn't a good way to remake return of the jedi :wth:

That... that's probably exactly it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

exquisite tea posted:

Kylo Ren was the only kind of interesting character borne out of the new trilogy, a Darth Vader fanboy with something to prove was unique and compelling. But he was squandered by the end of TLJ much like everyone else in the franchise.

The only reason I was interested in 9 was the completion of the Ren arc and him getting yeeted into a hole has me a little steamed hams but I could just not watch the movie too :shrug:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Does the universe where we get Colin Treverrow's Episode 9 see a better or worse movie?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Potential BFF posted:

I am sending my apprentice, Darth Ephebophilus, to catch that pesky princess.

Ah the outer rim Libertarian Sith are back.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’d take another JJ trilogy over anything by the “themes are for 8th grade book reports” hack frauds any day.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Shattered Glass IS fantastic but it also shows his best role was sniveling scumbag dweeb and not Darth Vader or handsome action lad and that probably hosed him in the long run.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm seein' double...

FOUR chewbaccas!

Check out my website it's about the Bigger Chewbacca theory

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Mandalorian: Now You're Thinking About if Yoda Fucks

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I heard Admiral Holdo carries hot sauce with her from system to system.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Captain Jesus posted:

You can do that here. The comic suggests that disliking TLJ is a red flag because you're at best stupid if you do and a racist at worst. There are plenty of legitimate complaints you can make about the movie.

The mental gymnastics to go from "the Canto Bight stuff was weird and kinda bad and Rose and Finn's arc was silly" to "i'm a big dumb who hates women and minorities" is some tumblr-rear end 2019 internet everyone has brain worms poo poo. Discussing Disney properties outside of here is like talking about politics at Thanksgiving.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

SimonCat posted:

Kirk has, making him superior to Solo.

Pfft but he never punched a giant otter

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

euphronius posted:

Right

That kid was inspired by Rose; who is rather important in tlj in signaling what needs to change.

JJ won’t do any of this obviously

This is some of what makes me the most sad about 9. You set up a real rebellion and not just a coup by neolib princesses with money and status. It even ties into the themes of Rey's story of being nobody. Instead we're gonna get two special chosen ones fighting the confederate ghost of great grandpa Sheev.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mandrel posted:

i too was extremely inspired by how rose showed up trashed a space lounge then freed a bunch of space horses

an icon, a true catalyst for change and hope in the galaxy. #StillWithHer

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's so nice that Rose helped free the child slaves on Canto Bight instead of doing something stupid, like releasing the racing animals.

Ignoring Rose, the class stuff is good and had seeds of an interesting plot. They immediately fumbled the ball, but it's in there and that's the most frustrating. Not mad, just disappointed etc

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Horizon Burning posted:

Well, there's a leak insisting that the Palpatine that died in RotJ was a clone and the Palpatine in TRoS is the original. This is because Palpatine knew Vader would betray him. It also says Leia, Lando, R2, 3P0, and Chewie die when the Falcon is blown up. Oh, and Palpatine says 'Execute Order 67.'

This feels like a parody. The storyboard pdf leak is going to be 100% because it’s so dumb and bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gonz posted:

I’m gonna cry laugh in the theater if Kylo gets Boba Fett’d.

Like de Niro in Cape Fear.

I'm gonna laugh til I ugly cry. Just fuckin bent over into my popcorn unable to breathe, cackling like a Lovecraft protagonist.