Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Eimi posted:

So having witnessed it myself, it's worse than I thought.

The movie was paced abysmally, the plot is beyond stupid, the music is just John William's greatest hits with no new music or anything that stands out, and the only good thing is the acting. The middle approached decent, when the pace slows and it's just Poe, Finn, and Rey and Kylo. The highlight was going to the Death Star wreckage. And then the ending happens and I don't know whether to laugh or face palm. It goes full anime in the worst way, and it's not even consistent in it's nonsense. It's just unimaginably dumb.

Also it's a crime that there is not a single memorable shot from this film, the cinematography is absolutely pedestrian. Like at least in TFA I thought there were some well done sequences or shots, to say nothing of TLJ. Just a total shame.

The actors all did a great job and deserved so much better than they got. I'm glad they are getting out of this dumpster fire while they can.

On topic I don't think Finn and Rey had much chemistry in TFA though the writing seemed to imply they did. Who Finn had chemistry with was Poe and the movies suffered from denying their love. :colbert:

I switched off for this trilogy after TLJ but one of the few things I was looking forward to was Finn and Poe hanging out again, they had good chemistry in TFA, but instead they just bitch at each other this entire movie, the only good moment with them was the "General", "General" scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Presto posted:

What I wonder is where Palpatine got the resources to build like 10,000 Star Destroyers. I understand how you do it if your're the Empire and can take whatever you want from anywhere in the galaxy, but how do you do it if you're trapped on one planet for 30 years? I'm imagining a phone call like:

"Hello, thank you for calling Hutt Galactic Metal Supplies, we put the tongue in tungsten, how may I help you?

You want to order 5.3 quadrillion tons of steel? That's quite a large order, sir, but we can fill it. However it will take some time.

Sir? Sir..... yes sir, I understand you need the material quickly... Sir. Please sir, I am merely saying that an order of this size cannot be filled immediately. Yes, sir, thank you.

Now, may I have your name? 'Veesh Platanipe'? Could you spell that for me sir? Thank you. Now, can we discuss terms of payment? Sir? ... No, sir, we really *do* need to discuss terms of payment. Very well sir, give me the card number."

Maybe another huge convenient chunk of the Death Star landed on planet Xtacle

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

After watching TROS I went back to TPM and really appreciated jar jar, so much so that I had to take a break from its greatness