Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I think I am the only Dragon Warrior player to buy a bamboo pole, a set of clothes, and the shield as my first purchases. Even as a little kid I wanted one of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's a game where equipment is immediately equipped without player input and it's literally called CURSED Belt.

It's good foreshadowing that you maybe should not use it under any circumstances even if there's no real display of what it does.

Yeah, but I put it on anyway. Right outside the curse place so I could have it removed immediately. Didn't know about the King kicking you out for it or what it actually did in combat. Nice to see.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Patter Song posted:

Oh, th'art the descendant of Erdrick, the young man destined to slay the Dragonlord! Go walk around in the wilderness with our blessings. No, we shan't give thee a sword: you're a hero! Provide for thyself! Cross many a bridge and fight many a vicious monster!

If you die I will bring you back to life, steal half your money, and send you out to fight again........forever and ever. You will not be allowed to die until you succeed.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

The mobile version of DQ2 is much less horrible. Less grinding and the endgame is dangerous but not filled with random death.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

cambrian obelus posted:

Squaresoft did wonders with Final Fantasy:

Triggered.

• Locked thread