Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

floffytoffy
Mar 10, 2007

a cat am I

Kestral posted:

I'm a quarter of the way through Carrier Wave and starting to wonder if I can finish. It's not the gore that's getting to me, it's that Brockway really seems to want to write the POV of people who are either "skeevy slacker rear end in a top hat" or "person romantically/sexually obsessed with their coworker" and it's starting to grate. If the prose were better than workmanlike I might be able to forgive it, but no luck there.

I'm up to The Black Spot and almost rooting for the monsters at this point. Does he ever mix it up, or am I in for another 18 hours on audio of this?

The perspective does started varying drastically and pretty much immediately after where you're at, so I would stick with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU