Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
I think the biggest part I hate about horror writers is how often some just disappear.

Even though my tastes have changed somewhat, I remember checking weekly to see what was going on with the new Will Christopher Baer and Craig Clevenger books.

What happened to them? Godspeed had a release date then there were rumors it was going to be hundreds of pages long.

Then eventually...nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
I love Brian Hodge and have been wanting to read World of Hurt. Through random googling, I see Earthling Publications seems to have copies. I know they are fancier and such, but is Earthing a reputable site?

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Recently re-read The Stand and was kinda amazed at how often he just threw the n-word around even with characters who probably wouldn't use that word. Some definitely would. Reminded me when Tarantino would go wild with it. Like in True Romance. I'm not a prude at all but it seemed so forced. Was gonna go back and re read other King like TommyKnockers and Salem's Lot. Anything I need to be ready for? I spent 3 days in ISS for It so I already know about it.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009

escape artist posted:

Anybody looking to get a nice copy, The Remastered Full Color edition of HoL is $13 on Amazon this week. I think I am going to snag a few to re-sell, or maybe give as gifts doubling as daunting homework assignments.

My puppy snagged the highlighted and bookmarked copy of HoL and destroyed it. Just bought a new one.