Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

Did Kathe Koja write anything noteworthy beyond The Cipher ?

Trying to top-up an amazon order by looking at reviews for her other books, but then people in the comments seem to mostly dislike The Cipher, which is obviously a bad opinion.

Itís been a while but liked Bad Brains and Strange Angels, though theyíre not really horror, more the horror of massive brain injuries and schizophrenia.

Skin and Kink were okay though I donít remember much about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

I there anything that is like "evocative of Magnus Archive and kinda like creepypasta but good"? I guess the keywords would be contemporary, potentially technological, grody and evoking dread.

The last horror I read was House of Leaves, loved it.

The Southern Reach Trilogy.