System Message

The forum store is down for maintenance. The forums will remain available throughout. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There is no Kindle version of House of Leaves to the best of my knowledge. I guess it doesn't support crazy text formatting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I finished Skullcrack City last night and it was pretty decent. The only thing I can compare it to is John Dies At The End except with less emphasis on comedy and more emphasis on the cosmic horror.

I think my main complaint is that it was a little TOO similar to JDatE.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

In general I like how 80s horror movies end though I think that style of ending would feel abrupt in a book.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Stephen King is scary in the same way jumping out and saying boo is

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Where did you find an ebook of Worlds of Hurt and where can I find a copy?

Amazon had it as a Kindle book for like $5 for a while but they took it down for some reason.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Lovecraft is the only problematic author I enjoy because he's been dead like a billion years and I don't have to feel like I'm supporting him or his views by reading his work.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

grobbo posted:

'I Have A Special Plan For This World' is a drat good 22 minutes of 'what if Thomas did spoken word?'

I don't remember how I originally discovered this but it made a very strong impression on me. Everything about it is just superb.

You would think 20 minute spoken word piece :jerkbag: but it's actually quite hypnotic.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I would give Thomas Ligotti extreme noogies and probably a zerbert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

COOL CORN posted:

This discussion is my favorite thing to happen on these forums for a long time

It's kinda thrilling to see people discuss it, I Have A Special Plan is extremely my jam and has been for like 20 years and I've never seen anyone discuss it online.