Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Just read Michel Bernanos’s “The Other Side of the Mountain” and it sufficiently and pleasantly hosed me up. Can’t recommend it enough if you’ve yet to read it.

Is it only ~100 pages? Not cheap on eBay etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Is The Strain series worth reading? Wondering if I should read them before watching the series.

Like others say, it literally is airport fiction, I read the first two flying back & forth to the US about 9 years ago. Can't remember the first one having pacing issues but they're easy to read and far better than the lovely TV series which I gave up on in season 2.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Are there actual different editions or no? Mine was black and blue ink only and had some bullshit about an edition with red ink I assumed was a lie

The one after that was this book you could read forwards or backwards by flipping it around and I got maybe a quarter through it

Only Revolutions. I've yet to meet anyone that got any further than you did, I managed about 30 pages and lent it to a friend that liked HoL. They said much the same. It's pretentious as all gently caress, makes zero sense and put me off bothering with anything else Danielowski's written since.