Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay, Paperbacks From Hell is a great book, but I'm getting annoyed at how every other book I look up from it is like 40-50$ if I want to own a paperback copy. Would some publisher please get on reprinting these things!

Grady Hendrix, who wrote Paperbacks From Hell is working with Valancourt Books to reissue some of the titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Speaking of women authors, any Poppy Z Brite recos?

Read Calcutta, Lord Of Nerves many moons ago and absolutely loved the story.

Poppy came out as trans and now identifies as Billy Martin.

He only wrote three horror novels (four, if you count The Crow tie-in novel) and a few short story collections.

Lost Souls was his first novel, which is about vampires (that aren't like other vampires). I liked it as a dumb teen, but haven't re-read it in years.

Drawing Blood is a haunted house novel that's also a gay romance. Probably my favorite, even if the internet stuff in it dates it.

Exquisite Corpse is about two serial killers meeting and falling in love. One of them is a cannibal. On the short side, but good.

I don't remember The Crow tie-in novel that well, other than it not being great.

Of the short story collections I've read, I prefer Wormwood over Are You Loathsome Tonight?