Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Does anyone know of any haunted house/ghost stories with a strong cosmic horror element?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

szary posted:

Seconding the Obscura recommendation, also the best space horror-adjacent movie is Sunshine

Sunshine is excellent space horror, definitely recommended.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Robert Aickman has such unique writing, I recently started reading his stuff and it's just so....weird. Are there any other writers like him?

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I'll check it out, thanks.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I recently finished Negative Space and loved it. Lots to chew on and think about.

Question for folks who've read it: why do you think Yeager titled the book Negative Space?

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I've been trying to remember a horror story and maybe you folks can help. It was online and was presented as a series of journal entries (I think). The protagonist was a scientist at a base studying a slowly expanding zone of weirdness. It's not Annihilation but had things like green and red zones and an underground structure of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
That's it! Thank you, it goes wonky at the end but oh well.